TLeishman34

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 16
Me and my dad are heading down to Mrytle Beach next week to play three or four courses and go to golf galaxy or martins as well.

We have two free passes to play one of the legends courses so we are going to play moorland. We were also planing on playing at Kings North.

The question is what other courses would you guys recommend?

Do a quick search, tons of stuff on Myrtle.

banner at top of page

true blue and caledonia

BlackMoor (check how I spelled that).

Those were the two a couple friends of mine told me about as well

Your friends are wise. By far my favorite in the area and because of that we host the Morgan Cup there.
If you do use the link, you get a discount.

Disclaimer - We get nothing from you clicking the link, or using the link. It is there simply as a partnership because we love the course and they are hosts of the Morgan Cup.

true blue, caledonia, sandpiper bay, crow creek

In addition to all of the very nice ones allready mentioned, The Heritage Club at Pawleys Island would be worth a look as well. Super nice and very well maintained course.

I went for my bachelor party back in April and we did a stay and play package and the courses were pretty nice.

They weren't the nicest courses down there but for the price and how many rounds we played it was more than reasonable.

Glen Dornoch, Heather Glen and Possum Trot. The last was a dog track but it got all my buddies out who aren't golfers out for one round at least.

Tons of places down there do the research and figure out what is best for you. Good luck

In addition to all of the very nice ones allready mentioned, The Heritage Club at Pawleys Island would be worth a look as well. Super nice and very well maintained course.

I played at heritage in august of oast year and really liked it

True Blue and Caledonia...the host sites for the THP Morgan Cup! There is a banner at the top of the page for them. If you can only play one, I would play Caledonia....absolutely stunning course!

I'm not any sort of Myrtle Beach golf expert, but I'll throw a plug for The Dunes and Barefoot Fazio are higher end courses. Pine Lakes was a good mid range course

my inlaws live in the sandpiper bay community so we play all the courses and this guy hit the nail on the head..both sandpiper and crow creek offer great prices for great courses....get yourself some zaxby's for lunch while your down there...

I you enjoy the Legends, hit up the Heathland course also. My favorite of the three and an early Tom Doak design.

Has anyone played man o war in myrtle beach? All the top courses(caledonia, dunes, kings north etc.) have tournaments going on saturday and we are getting a discount at man o war. All I know about it is that there is a lot of water.

On sunday we are playing moorlands and then kings north later that day

Will also be playing grande dunes resort

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Good calls ddec. I would throw Grande Dunes & Thistle into the mix, and Willbrook is really nice!

Has anyone played man o war in myrtle beach? All the top courses(caledonia, dunes, kings north etc.) have tournaments going on saturday and we are getting a discount at man o war. All I know about it is that there is a lot of water.

man o way is pretty average, there are much better options at similar prices out there

check out pawleys island courses, Litchfield is a good one

We are trying to stay in north myrtle because of our car situation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I you enjoy the Legends, hit up the Heathland course also. My favorite of the three and an early Tom Doak design.

I own a condo at Legends and have played each course probably 50 times each. Heathland is also my favorite as I love the look and feel of a links course. Moorland is the most unique of the three and Parkland is a BEAR from the tips. The practice facility at Legends is one of the best on the east coast. The putting green is so huge, it has to be seen to be believed.

All that said, my favorite course in MB is True Blue. Every time I'm down I try to hit it and when on a trip with my buddies, it's the first place booked.

If you want/need to stay near your Legends/King North choices, just up the road is Wild Wing. The Avocet course there is nice (cheap replay rate, too). The Dunes Golf and Beach Club is excellent. Up north just into N. Carolina I really like Tiger's Eye and love Leopard's Chase. Tidewater is a gem, love the Barefoot courses as well, Love and Fazio are my favorites but Norman and Dye are great too. Dye course is tough.

South I love TPC of MB, Pawley's Plantation is fun, Caledonia is a beauty along with the aforementioned True Blue.

I'd be equally happy playing any of the courses I've listed, just call ahead to check their aeration schedule.

Man O' War is one of my least favorite courses in MB....... It advertises the water, but the water really isn't in play that much, and every time I've went the water levels were really low, so the beautiful water they advertise turns into 20ft of mud with a puddle in the middle.

If you need to stay in North MB, check out Thistle. I've always had nice rounds there and it's a pretty nice, mid priced course.

I would love to play at caledonia but they are having a tournament on saturday and dunes golf on the beach is closed to the public this weekend because monday they close for the summer to fix the greens. And this was a quick planned trip and true blue cost 125 a piece to play so that was a little much.

And saturday we are meeting family for a big lunch/dinner so we had to find something close and quick and a friend of ours gave us a discount on man o war (he works there) so we are playing there saturday.

Sunday we are gonna hit moorland(we have two free passes) and then grande dunes, heard it was nice. And then monday morning we will play kings north

Later this year we are going to plan a trip to hit the southern courses like true blue and caledonia.

I own a condo at Legends and have played each course probably 50 times each. Heathland is also my favorite as I love the look and feel of a links course. Moorland is the most unique of the three and Parkland is a BEAR from the tips. The practice facility at Legends is one of the best on the east coast. The putting green is so huge, it has to be seen to be believed.

All that said, my favorite course in MB is True Blue. Every time I'm down I try to hit it and when on a trip with my buddies, it's the first place booked.

If you want/need to stay near your Legends/King North choices, just up the road is Wild Wing. The Avocet course there is nice (cheap replay rate, too). The Dunes Golf and Beach Club is excellent. Up north just into N. Carolina I really like Tiger's Eye and love Leopard's Chase. Tidewater is a gem, love the Barefoot courses as well, Love and Fazio are my favorites but Norman and Dye are great too. Dye course is tough.

South I love TPC of MB, Pawley's Plantation is fun, Caledonia is a beauty along with the aforementioned True Blue.

I'd be equally happy playing any of the courses I've listed, just call ahead to check their aeration schedule.

I love the legends courses. The facility there is incredible. Love that they give you free meals and drinks and love the driving range and the putting green is amazing.

We play at TPC last year and it was really nice

Back