Name your comfort food

Tacos and Margaritas always put me in a happy place!
tacos and ritas.jpg

my mom takes hamburger steaks, browns them, then pours cream of mushroom soup over them and lets it all simmer until the meat is cooked and the soup thickens up like gravy. Serve it over rice.

Ichiban. No shmancy ramen, ichiban.

Pizza and Ice cream

Beef Stroganoff and Mashed Potatoes

potato soup or chili. love a hot soup or stew when it's cold out.

drink- hot chocolate for sure

I bet you will never guess I was raised by New Yorker's.....my comfort food is a corned beef sandwich on rye with spicy mustard, a side of coleslaw and a pickle spear. Along with that would be a bagel and scallion cream cheese with a slice of tomato, and of course finished with a black and white cookie.
We have a nice sandwich shop around the corner from the office. They have a corned beef/pastrami on dark rye sandwich that is out of this world. I must now get it for lunch.

We have a nice sandwich shop around the corner from the office. They have a corned beef/pastrami on dark rye sandwich that is out of this world. I must now get it for lunch.
That sounds so good. When I was a kid we would get 2 corned beef sandwiches and 2 pastrami sandwiches and we would divide them up so all 4 of us would get 1/2 and 1/2.

Soup and sandwich is always a go to. Hamburgers/hot dogs on a grill
Birthday cake and ice cream

That sounds so good. When I was a kid we would get 2 corned beef sandwiches and 2 pastrami sandwiches and we would divide them up so all 4 of us would get 1/2 and 1/2.
Lunch ordered... whole office got that sandwich.

Oh man.... my wifes mac and cheese, meatloaf, or lasagna.

I've found a couple of great recipes that my son loves, a chicken and biscuit casserole, and a tater tot chicken casserole, they're awesome!

Double-barreled delight.

the-lafayette-coney-island.jpg

Snickers Candy Bars - Bag of Snickers Fun Size Easter Candy Bars - Individually Wrapped Snickers Bars - Bulk Candy, Valentines Holiday Candy, Halloween, Birthday Party Favors (5 LBS)

Doughnut | Donut, Definition, & Origin | Britannica

my mom's lasagna
my grandmother's tacos
my wife's banana pudding

OMG, Comfort Food; I could probably write a book about what comfort food means to me - LOL

Chili - In a bowl or smothered over "whatever". Easily the ultimate comfort food IMO. Fine example and considered unusual by most.... when I was stationed at Kadena AB in Japan (Okinawa) the bowling alley would serve Chillie Rice. We were regulars after midnight (there may have been some parting involved) we would go to the bowling alley to get chili rice; Chili over stickie white rice, covered with, basically, everything you can think of that you'd put on a taco salad; lettuce, tomato, onions, etc. Absolutely amazing!

German Food - While stationed in Germany I fell in love with a few dishes. Two specifically that come to mind are Swankbrauten (sp) and Yager Schnitzel. The Swankbrauten is a port steak cooked over coals with peppers, onions and spices; incredible! Yager is a German staple. Fortunately I married an American/German so I get my Yager often; I'm so lucky!

I’ll see if I can scare up Mom’s recipe and post it in the recipes forum.

Well I spoke with my sister and apparently mom didn’t have a fixed recipe. Usually it was leftover roast, onions, potatoes, carrots, some celery, salt and pepper, beef broth, basil. Barley after everything was cooked.

Do you mean Jägerschnitzel?
If so it was a favorite when I was stationed in Germany.
YES, my wife is going to hate for typing Yager Schnitzel! LOL

I can't believe I did that !

Pizza

Club Sandwich from Rafferty’s (where I worked through college)

Homemade Lasagna

Beans and real cornbread not the cake like substance people serve these days.

All will put me in a spot and most likely in a nap.

Baked Chicken all day.

and plus 1 for a good black and white cookie.
Look to the cookie!

Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, side of corn

Back