Name your comfort food

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One of our family's comfort foods is cubed steak. I'm making it tonight for my daughter before she goes back to college. While there's a couple different ways it can be prepared (such as with gravy), there's only one "right way" in our family: fried cube steak which must be accompanied by white rice, with a large pat of butter, and then peas on top.

IMG_0783.png

What is your comfort food? (Extra credit for a picture)

Last edited:
1706224269853.png
Hamburger steak with onions and gravy, rice and gravy and mustard greens, English peas, stewed green beans or corn.

Chicken fried steak could be substituted with equal comforting properties.

I have a number of them that remind me of growing up .

Braised steak and onions, served with mashed potatoes and peas.

Aussie meat pie with ketchup on top.

Sausages (must be beef), onions and gravy, again served with mashed potatoes and peas.

Liver and onions, or as we call it back home, Lamb's fry. Not everyone's taste but I grew up eating it.

And chicken schnitzel and kartoffelpuffers (German potato panckes).

I think I have a lot of them.
Meatloaf is always clutch.

Grilled cheese made with 1 slice of Colby and 1 slice of American and a bowl of Chili.

It instantly teleports me back 35 years and turns me into a kid sitting at my Grandma's table after school.

Chicken pot pie, beef stew, or spaghetti and meat sauce. Sunday night dinner staples for me growing up.

Any form of casserole.

Liver and onions (when done right)
Top Ramen (from a bag not a cup)
Beef and vegetable stew
$hit on a shingle

Open face hot turkey sandwich with gravy and fries.

Kraft Mac & Cheese - - processed goodness in a box! That, or some chicken w/wild rice soup.

Danny Trejo Eating GIF by Remezcla

meatloaf
shepherds pie
spaghetti w meat sauce
chili

I bet you will never guess I was raised by New Yorker's.....my comfort food is a corned beef sandwich on rye with spicy mustard, a side of coleslaw and a pickle spear. Along with that would be a bagel and scallion cream cheese with a slice of tomato, and of course finished with a black and white cookie.

Whenever my wife is out of town or working late i always eat guinness chicken or beef nachos with beer (usually Carslberg or Peroni). And i tell my daughter to leave me alone for 20 minutes. LOL

Grilled cheese for me

I bet you will never guess I was raised by New Yorker's.....my comfort food is a corned beef sandwich on rye with spicy mustard, a side of coleslaw and a pickle spear. Along with that would be a bagel and scallion cream cheese with a slice of tomato, and of course finished with a black and white cookie.
Yum @GolferGal!!

Burger.

That's a solid list!

3. Shepherds pie
2. Mom’s manicotti
1. Mom’s beef barley soup recipe

I didn't eat it growing up, but I love beef barley soup now.
I’ll see if I can scare up Mom’s recipe and post it in the recipes forum.

Back