Need a new car/vehicle/SUV- $25K & under

Dance_Business

AARP Member :)
Reaction score
Handicap
Practice
My wife needs a new car. Any thoughts as to what is out there for $25k or less? 4 doors are a must. My wish is rear wheel or AWD. Good MPG is also a must.
Y'all are a widely varied group of people, so fill me in on what you know!
Thank you

My wife needs a new car. Any thoughts as to what is out there for $25k or less? 4 doors are a must. My wish is rear wheel or AWD. Good MPG is also a must.
Y'all are a widely varied group of people, so fill me in on what you know!
Thank you

AWD under 25k is going to be tough. I'd give you some suggestions as an ASE certified master tech for over 10 years but last time i voiced my opinion some people became extremely flustered. I'd be happy to give you any advice through PM.

I go to Jrod for all my automotive questions.

No worms.

AWD under 25k is going to be tough. I'd give you some suggestions as an ASE certified master tech for over 10 years but last time i voiced my opinion some people became extremely flustered. I'd be happy to give you any advice through PM.

I am curious to hear your answer as well as I am in the same boat looking for a car for my wife.

Is that new, or new to her? You should be able to find a 2010-11 Subaru Outback for around $25,000 or less.

No worms.

Is a RWD sedan even possible under $25k (new that is).

As for AWD, Subaru Legacy and Ford Fusion come to mind.

Though, not AWD. I would put the new Altima on your list to test. The fuel milage is insane for a car of that size and the new "zero gravity" seats are no joke.

Yah I deleted my post, I don't even want to open that can of worms.

I edited my posts. To keep the worms out.

Dance, Mazda CX-5 AWD can be had with under 10k miles for well under 25k, and they get 30mpg+

If you wait you can get a Diesel version either this coming year that'll get 40 mpg.

I know most people wouldn't consider it because of their past crappy cars, but I bought my wife a 2012 Kia Sportage AWD for $24k. Comfortable and nice driving little Crossover for a good price that comes with a lot of options for the money. 100,000 mile warranty doesn't hurt either.

The locking AWD and downhill assist work great, I figured that out when it snowed 10" and I was in the mountains of VA a couple weeks ago.

AWD=Subaru? My last car was a Tribeca and it was great. You can't get a new one for $25k but can get a used one. Just bought a 2013 Explorer, which I like so far.

Chevy Captiva.

THPing on Tapatalk

Chevy Captiva.

THPing on Tapatalk

Usually helps if it's a car sold in North America, such as the Equinox, which with some dealing, you might be able to get AWD version for under $25k.

I bought my Vue brand new in 06 for less than $25,000. That fantastic plastic car has 188,000 miles and still runs like a champ.

PM away. I don't care if someone has a problem with your suggestions. I'd be happy for you to post here & kindly ask that no one flame you or anyone else. We can all be adults right?

I bought my Vue brand new in 06 for less than $25,000. That fantastic plastic car has 188,000 miles and still runs like a champ.

I freaking love my Vue. 06 with 83k on it. If yours is the same year and has over 100k more miles on it, I'm all set.

THPing on Tapatalk

Usually helps if it's a car sold in North America, such as the Equinox, which with some dealing, you might be able to get AWD version for under $25k.

You can get em in North America... unless the probably 50 of em I've seen around here are all shipped over here.

THPing on Tapatalk

You can get em in North America... unless the probably 50 of em I've seen around here are all shipped over here.

THPing on Tapatalk

No idea. They were a fleet vehicle before. Unless they recently started selling them?

Nothing on the Chevy US site about them.

No idea. They were a fleet vehicle before. Unless they recently started selling them?

Nothing on the Chevy US site about them.

Very recently, yes. And no idea what that really means,but I'm pretty sure they are a fleet vehicle. They are on the gmfleet.com website.

THPing on Tapatalk

subaru!!!

Very recently, yes. And no idea what that really means,but I'm pretty sure they are a fleet vehicle. They are on the gmfleet.com website.

THPing on Tapatalk

As in selling them to the general public, independently?

I just bought a Ford Escape I didn't get the AWD drive as I have a Ford F150 for that. So far I like it, and the dealership I used worked pretty well with me. I would think you could get one of these with AWD for 25 if you didn't have to have leather or navigation. It also gets really good gas mileage for a SUV.

We've been very happy with our Honda Pilot. I'm not sure what they're going for new, but I'm sure you can get a late-model used one for that much.

Back