New Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis

I love the yellow/black. So easy to see compared to the white/red. Bought a dozen of the yellow yesterday and didn't lose a ball even after hitting one OB. Was able to see it and grab it and use it again throughout the round.

This pattern reminds me of my foosball table balls. Guess it would be fun for a casual round.

The visibility is fantastic when looking for your ball and it looks pretty cool watching it spin when you're hitting chips. So far I'm the only one I've seen on my local track using it which helps prevent misidentification.

"You playing a black and yellow soccer ball? Move along then".

Enjoyed watching the spin on chip shots, but if I buy again it will be white and red. The yellow was a bit odd to me.

I like the color combo ... I wish they would offer this color combo for their supersoft ...

I like the color combo ... I wish they would offer this color combo for their supersoft ...

Ditto - but I suspect they won't because they want the upsell. So far, as much as I like the CS (and really like the yellow/black truvis), the supersoft holds the greens about the same for me. I'll try the CS Truvis again later in the summer when the greens bake out to see if I like it better than the supersoft.

Is the TruVis yellow/black the 2015 3pc ball or the 2016 4pc ?

It's a new option for 2016

Thanks. Yeah I knew it came out this year. Just was curious if they made it a 3pc like last years red/white TruVis or made it a 4pc like this year's Chrome Soft.

Thanks. Yeah I knew it came out this year. Just was curious if they made it a 3pc like last years red/white TruVis or made it a 4pc like this year's Chrome Soft.

It's the new •• model, so it's the same as the new 2016 ball

Saw these for the 1st time at The Gauntlet and they looked pretty sweet. I definitely preferred the look of these over the white/red truvis

I'm still loving the yellow/black combo, very easy to track the ball on my tee shots. I played in my work 9 hole scramble and everyone was asking about them.

These are selling like hot cakes. My local golf store is massive and I have not seen these in stock there for over 2 weeks now.

I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the Truvis golf balls.

Recently Guerin Rife told fupresti and I thst it was the best thing to come to golf balls and putting since the sharpie.

Still prefer the red and white but just love them.

I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the Truvis golf balls.

Recently Guerin Rife told fupresti and I thst it was the best thing to come to golf balls and putting since the sharpie.

Still prefer the red and white but just love them.

Agreed, and the fact they are very difficult to find seems to support this idea.

I bought a sleeve of Red/White ones just to try them out a few weeks ago. I have to admit I was a bit surprised but I really enjoyed them. I didn't find them easier to see during ball flight, but I did find them easier to see when looking for the ball for some reason. Also typically being the only person playing them I knew it was mine immediately. When I went back to the regular white ball I kind of missed the truvis. The only spot I found them a bit distracting was on the green for putting.

I bought a sleeve of Red/White ones just to try them out a few weeks ago. I have to admit I was a bit surprised but I really enjoyed them. I didn't find them easier to see during ball flight, but I did find them easier to see when looking for the ball for some reason. Also typically being the only person playing them I knew it was mine immediately. When I went back to the regular white ball I kind of missed the truvis. The only spot I found them a bit distracting was on the green for putting.

See I was the opposite. It was a little distracting on full shots but around the greens is where this ball shines for me. It lets me see how my chips are, how I'm rolling putts and let me learn for next time how the breaks are on greens. I love this ball strictly for the education it gives me about my short game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't seem to wrap my head around the white and red ones but the yellow and black are definitely on my "must try" list.

See I was the opposite. It was a little distracting on full shots but around the greens is where this ball shines for me. It lets me see how my chips are, how I'm rolling putts and let me learn for next time how the breaks are on greens. I love this ball strictly for the education it gives me about my short game.

The reason I felt like it was distracting on the green is because there was too much going on. I felt could see how my putts were rolling better with a single line on the ball than all the truvis stuff. Wedge shots were pretty cool however, seeing the spin on the ball is kinda fun.

The reason I felt like it was distracting on the green is because there was too much going on. I felt could see how my putts were rolling better with a single line on the ball than all the truvis stuff. Wedge shots were pretty cool however, seeing the spin on the ball is kinda fun.

I'm a mental case (not trying to offend anyone by saying that). I have issues with focusing just on one point which is why I don't like my putters to have a site line or dot. The truvis allows me to just swing naturally and the pattern on the ball shows me how I stroked it.

I'm a mental case (not trying to offend anyone by saying that). I have issues with focusing just on one point which is why I don't like my putters to have a site line or dot. The truvis allows me to just swing naturally and the pattern on the ball shows me how I stroked it.

This made me laugh out loud and it literally had me creating a new thread before abandoning it. Between offset, top line, sole size, ball markings, how do you pull the trigger? Does it take the fun out of it? Or are you playing golf equipment instead of golf?

I say all of this not to belittle, but the opposite as I try to learn and understand.

I love the truvis because it's easier to find and it looks great rolling and spinning.

Is it your regular gamer?

New Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis

Is it your regular gamer?

It was before being selected to The THP/Bridgestone championship. Now I use a RXS ball and try and find a blank spot on the ball and focus on that. Works but just not the learning part after the stroke.

da540dffe2aa1d7866c52c7f07673739.jpg

Last edited:
This made me laugh out loud and it literally had me creating a new thread before abandoning it. Between offset, top line, sole size, ball markings, how do you pull the trigger? Does it take the fun out of it? Or are you playing golf equipment instead of golf?

I say all of this not to belittle, but the opposite as I try to learn and understand.

I love the truvis because it's easier to find and it looks great rolling and spinning.

SanDiegoNative wasn't joking when he said I play fast. I waste no time over the shot and do so because I focus just on swing and not the rest of it. Makes it easier for me.

Back