New Drivers are they really longer?

#ClubClash

Sooner the better. There's a lot of head shaking stuff in this thread when it comes to what tech has done for the modern player.

Not every driver is going to be longer for every player every year. I've had some pretty good success finding a couple extra yards year after year but I go looking for it...it's not something I'd stumble into.

If testing like I described has occurred..has the data been posted? If it has...then can you share a link to it?

As for companies taking marketing $$$...we will have to agree to disagree. IMHO, money and free gear slants people opinions or what they are willing to share in a post. I will give you an example....federal employees are not even allowed to accept a paid lunch from a federal contractor because of the optics of how it will look on that companies getting future contracts.

Whats the difference if a company takes money from no company or EVERY company.
Its the same thing, and frankly, if a company is having regular golfers test the gear, none of the "money changing hands" matters.

Sometimes I believe the conspiracy theory gets the most of people.

Its not hard to test. The stuff is out there for everybody to do themselves. Try something. if it works better, you can buy it. If it doesnt, nobody has to buy anything, enjoy what they are playing.

But to think this type of testing doesnt exist is just not accurate. It has happened at many of the grand THP Events done, and hell, there is one devoted for this exact thing in just two months from now.

If testing like I described has occurred..has the data been posted? If it has...then can you share a link to it?

As for companies taking marketing $$$...we will have to agree to disagree. IMHO, money and free gear slants people opinions or what they are willing to share in a post. I will give you an example....federal employees are not even allowed to accept a paid lunch from a federal contractor because of the optics of how it will look on that companies getting future contracts.

Again I ask, if a place accepts zero dollars from everybody there is no bias
If the same place accepts $1000 from EVERY single company how is there any bias?
Its the exact same thing.

Again I ask, if a place accepts zero dollars from everybody there is no bias
If the same place accepts $1000 from EVERY single company how is there any bias?
Its the exact same thing.

If a company accepts the exact same dollar amount from every golf company then it is equal.

If a company accepts the exact same dollar amount from every golf company then it is equal.

THen without knowing a companies finances, marketing plans, media buying or anything else, I find it a bit hard to throw the word bias out.

Haven't wedges became more user friendly & don't putters have higher MOI?
I'd say no because people don't utilize the options available to them. Companies are putting out tons of grinds but most will walk in, think it looks good or their buddy uses it and they buy. They put no thought into grinds, bounce, MOI, face balance, toe hang or anything like that.

Kind of like drivers. Most never get fit so they can't take advantage of the new technology.

For example, I saw worse results with the 815 DBD compared to my original Big Bertha Alpha. So I didn't buy. However, I saw better ball speeds, dispersion and distance with the 816 DBD compared to my BBA. Did I buy? No, because the gains weren't worth it to me and I didn't have the money readily available. The benefits were there though. The technology definitely improved for me

For example, I saw worse results with the 815 DBD compared to my original Big Bertha Alpha. So I didn't buy. However, I saw better ball speeds, dispersion and distance with the 816 DBD compared to my BBA. Did I buy? No, because the gains weren't worth it to me and I didn't have the money readily available. The benefits were there though. The technology definitely improved for me

I don't know the exact release date for each driver to you talking about...but where you fit for each one? I think a person can see significant gains if they are using stock vs stock shaft....just because the new stock shaft might fit your swing better. Or larger gains over a non-fit driver...vs fit driver. But I think the gains between fit drivers will be minimal from year to year.

I have nothing against changing gear from year to year or as often as you like......as long as you aren't spending rent money who cares.

I don't know the exact release date for each driver to you talking about...but where you fit for each one? I think a person can see significant gains if they are using stock vs stock shaft....just because the new stock shaft might fit your swing better. Or larger gains over a non-fit driver...vs fit driver. But I think the gains between fit drivers will be minimal from year to year.

I have nothing against changing gear from year to year or as often as you like......as long as you aren't spending rent money who cares.
Yep. Fit to each with the same shaft and also whatever shafts they had available to swing. I posted my numbers in each of the respective threads but they're long buried by now.

Some saw major differences between all those drivers. Other didn't see any. Easiest way to know is go swing them and see what they do for you.

Back