New England Members

They will open the pot shops before golf courses. As much as I want to play I'd rather be as socially distant as possible for a few more weeks. Or, we couldend up like China did and have one person a day be able to leave the house. In MA on 3/26 there were 1838 confirmed cases this morning when I checked there were 4995. That jump concerns me. Yes I know more tests are being done but it also says current socializing practices aren't working great either.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

They will open the pot shops before golf courses. As much as I want to play I'd rather be as socially distant as possible for a few more weeks. Or, we couldend up like China did and have one person a day be able to leave the house. In MA on 3/26 there were 1838 confirmed cases this morning when I checked there were 4995. That jump concerns me. Yes I know more tests are being done but it also says current socializing practices aren't working great either.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
As insane as that sounds it's true. I just want to get my golf fix. With minimum of 6' between Art and myself of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Massachusetts just extended the non essential business closures to 5/3. No mention of golf courses and only medical marijuana dispensaries were mentioned. I have a tee time in RI on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully I can get there and I get across the border.

Massachusetts just extended the non essential business closures to 5/3. No mention of golf courses and only medical marijuana dispensaries were mentioned. I have a tee time in RI on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully I can get there and I get across the border.

I heard RI courses are only open to residents, have to show ID to get on the course. Hope it's not true.

I heard RI courses are only open to residents, have to show ID to get on the course. Hope it's not true.
Only course I saw with that on websites is Cranston CC.
Edit: Just got email from Triggs...CT residents only. :cry:

Last edited:
Only course I saw with that on websites is Cranston CC.
Edit: Just got email from Triggs...CT residents only. :cry:

I was gonna offer to let you and Art plus 1 more to join me Sat/Sun but I think my course is gonna be forced to do it also. :(

I was gonna offer to let you and Art plus 1 more to join me Sat/Sun but I think my course is gonna be forced to do it also. :(

I think this policy is in response to the 14 day quarantine for out of state people coming to RI, and planning to stay, in the hospitality industry. So I'm not sure they are reading the Governor's policy correctly yet. Stay tuned.

The International in Bolton, MA has shut its doors for good

I'm in the SW corner of MA. I can toss a baseball into CT and hit a golf ball into NY. Copake Lake golf course just over the border is open and me and two buds went over yesterday afternoon. Beautiful mid fifties with hardly any breeze. I even played well so it was terrific.

10 bucks to walk....conditions were so so but the greens were nice and were surprisingly quick. Very hilly track with some distances to walk.

Foam in the holes of course but really, we all kept our distance from anybody and I feel like we we had a perfectly safe afternoon that advanced no risk whatsoever of spreading the virus. I wish a course by course basis could be applied with an index of distancing measures to meet. If you can meet them you may stay open. If not, you need to close. For instance, there's a big difference between a small, rural private course and a large public Muni near the city. It has to do with congregating and touching surfaces.

Anyway, if they can keep open we'll go back this weekend.

Last edited:
RI has gone residents only also. I got an email from GolfNow saying they are checking licenses. I just cancelled my reservation to avoid the risk.

Hopefully someone will step up and at least maintain one of the courses. It would be a shame to lose them both.
If price isn't crazy I could see some retired Hartford Insurance guys going together and buying....

Stay home MA guys, RI enforcing ban on out of staters now.

Raceway in CT is open!!!
I managed to snag a Tee time on Sat.
I am far more concerned with catching the Virus at work than I am on the course.

Raceway in CT is open!!!
I am far more concerned with catching the Virus at work than I am on the course.
See above post and don't drop the soap.

See above post and don't drop the soap.
I give out soap on a rope at work!!!!

GOLF COURSE IS OPEN!
Please follow these guidelines:
Maintain 6 feet social distancing at all times, Do not congregate before or after your rounds, Show up no earlier than 20 minutes before your tee time, Leave the flagstick in while putting, Do not touch anything that is not yours, Walking is strongly encouraged. If not possible 1 person per cart

Stay home MA guys, RI enforcing ban on out of staters now.

The key to this is get picked up in Massachusetts by someone from RI.

Raceway in CT is open!!!

What time is your tee time tomorrow?

Played Sterling Farms in Stamford, CT yesterday. Just about the only golf course open right now. They’re doing a good job of keeping people away from each other but one of my playing partners did get a little close to me, had to ask him to back away. Seemed to get offended by it but sheesh, some people just don’t care about this virus.

The key to this is get picked up in Massachusetts by someone from RI.

No, they're supposed to be checking ID's on check in and/or tee.

Raceway in CT is open!!!
I may make the trek down Monday.

Is CT residents only now? I can get through this weekend but I am getting twitchy being home.

Sure was nice, (lucky and cold) to play 18 today. :)

Back