SlicerSteve

Reaction score
I golfed a lot as a kid and I was decent at the time, usually shooting mid 40's for 9 holes. I haven't played much at all in the last 20 years but I recently took it up again since my 15 year old son became interested and even joined the school golf team. This gave us an activity to enjoy together. Our first time out, I used the clubs that I have had for at least 30 years, which were Wilson Gear Effect irons and a mishmash of behind the times metal woods. I realized quickly that I had to update my gear to at least look like I am with it.

I ended up just piecing together a set of clubs consisting of a TayorMade Tour Burner driver, 3w and a Callaway hybrid 4. I also mixed in 7-PW 2019 Callaway Big Bertha irons because, after playing with the Wilsons a few times, I realized I could get by with just 7-PW because I was using the hybrid 4 so much. I didn't even touch 3-5 irons all season because the hybrid was working so well for me. I also ran across a Tommy Armour Infusion putter on clearance. I didn't realize it was a women's club until after I bought it, but I don't care because I am only 5'4" so the length is perfect. I am hoping to get out a couple of more times this season so I can get some more play out of the Callaway irons

Welcome to THP

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP sir!

Love that your kid's interest got you back out there, Steve. Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard! Which part of Iowa do you live in? I'm in southeast South Dakota and I'm always curious if any other THPer's pop up around the area.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

#1 Your slice is not your swing
#2 Big Bertha
#3 Change username to StraightSteve

Welcome to THP from a northern neighbor! I had a great two years at Iowa State way back in the 80's.

Last edited:

welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! Glad to have you aboard!

Happy to have you with us!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP I’m in Southeast Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back