New Irons Event Coming Soon

Somehow it doesn't seem likely Mr. Parsons would be up for a bunch of folks that for the most part would never spend what his sticks cost want to have us milling around his place.

But this is THP and he may be more down to earth than the Company (media) reputation has put out.

The THP Golf audience is larger than some people think.

JB, on one of your appearances this year on GU you mentioned that you were trying to find an OEM trying to get another over the top event this year. Any chance this is that event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB, on one of your appearances this year on GU you mentioned that you were trying to find an OEM trying to get another over the top event this year. Any chance this is that event?

Haha possibly. But I can tell you that idea is technically the outing coming back. We have some ridiculous plans for that.

The THP Golf audience is larger than some people think.
Agreed, I can think of a handful of members off the top of my head would have considered or have already purchased pxgs including myself.

Then an even larger group who is into the "premium" iron market

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My guess for today: pre-release fittings for the Srixon 585/785/985 that are coming out this fall (or whatever they name the successors to their current line).

With the word surprise in the OP equation, I am still thinking Mizuno or Ping. Heck, regardless of the OEM, as long THP sets it up it is sure to be amazing.

With the word surprise in the OP equation, I am still thinking Mizuno or Ping. Heck, regardless of the OEM, as long THP sets it up it is sure to be amazing.

Ping has already been ruled out

pretty sure jb said no ping event somewhere in the equipment pondering thread.

my thought for today will be "new level golf."

I'm following along here closely. Would love to get into a summer event that is irons-based! And it will be amazing I'm sure of that. Don't really care who the OEM is - I'm sure the equipment will be awesome, the meals will be top notch, the fellow golfers will be great company, and I will learn a lot.

What's not to love?

While everyone is guessing, I'll toss a name in the ring.....Tour Edge.

How about Lynx? The longest of long shots I suspect but I still like that black cat logo. However, it could be an effective means of being re-introduced to the NA market. The prowler irons look sharp too.

How about Lynx? The longest of long shots I suspect but I still like that black cat logo. However, it could be an effective means of being re-introduced to the NA market. The prowler irons look sharp too.

I think some are getting caught up in the company aspect of surprise and not the model (personally, seeing the New Level 1031s in for review made me think of this event/thread teaser). Like arydolphin had guessed a couple days back, a company in Cleveland/Srixon with a close relationship with THP releases new irons and THPers are the first to test it. It is certainly not unprecedented. The fact that it is irons, though, opens it up to a large number of possibilities and I know we will all be surprised and happy when more info gets out.

Patiently waiting....wringing hands.....

I think some are getting caught up in the company aspect of surprise and not the model (personally, seeing the New Level 1031s in for review made me think of this event/thread teaser). Like arydolphin had guessed a couple days back, a company in Cleveland/Srixon with a close relationship with THP releases new irons and THPers are the first to test it. It is certainly not unprecedented. The fact that it is irons, though, opens it up to a large number of possibilities and I know we will all be surprised and happy when more info gets out.

True. I just have fun making SWAGs :alien2:

Good point. To piggy back on this, I’d welcome a Callaway iron event. Imo no oem covers the full spectrum of golfers like they do. Maybe the company isn’t surprising, but the new release is?

My thought is Srixon as has been mentioned in here - either way I'm sure it will be incredible

My thought is Srixon as has been mentioned in here - either way I'm sure it will be incredible

Agree with both thoughts — I think Srixon is a solid guess, and the event being incredible is a certainty.

Irons and event are all I keep thinking about. A quality OEM(s) is basically a given with THP.

Back