New Member from Pebble Beach

PublicGolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
8.5 GHIN
Hi, THP! I'm Garrett, a new member from Pebble Beach, CA. I've been lurking in a few different forums for the past several months, and this one, it seems to me, has a real sense of community while still being big and active. An excellent combination!

So... a little on my background: I played golf competitively as a junior in Santa Barbara, and I did odd jobs at local courses throughout high school, but once I moved away for college I more or less disengaged from the game. For most of my 20s I played only when visiting my parents. That changed last year, when I got a job as a teacher at a boarding school in Pebble Beach. I don't think any ex-golfer can live here without getting lured out to the course occasionally. As I started playing more and more rounds with my colleagues at Pacific Grove Golf Links and Bayonet / Black Horse (the courses inside the Pebble Beach gates are well out of my price range), the golf bug got me. Now I'm just as obsessed as I was when I was 13.

The main thing that sustains my passion for golf is thinking about the courses themselves. Great golf courses are like great works of literature (sorry, I can't help it; I'm an English teacher): they contain layers of meaning that reveal themselves only on repeat "readings." They also serve as a living record of their own histories, which is why I find older courses like Pacific Grove so satisfying to play over and over.

Anyway, I look forward to joining the discussions here!

Last edited:
Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome Garrett!

Welcome to THP Garrett!!!

Welcome Garrett! There are a ton of members in your area. Great to have you on board.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, you're going to like it here!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! We'll have to get a round in before I transfer next April! I consider Bayonet and Black Horse my home course :D.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! Would love to be from Pebble Beach. Such nice weather pretty much all the time.

Welcome

:welcome:

Welcome to THP! We'll have to get a round in before I transfer next April! I consider Bayonet and Black Horse my home course :D.

That would be great!

Welcome to THP! Would love to be from Pebble Beach. Such nice weather pretty much all the time.

I wish! Your statement would be more true about Santa Barbara, where I grew up.

But obviously I have no complaints about Pebble Beach. Very lucky to get to live here.

Welcome - Now that we are friends can I come and visit you? :)

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to Thp.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Welcome to THP! You picked a great day to join!

Welcome to THP!

Back