New PXG 0211 Iron Set

After another 10 days and six more rounds with my 0211s, a few things are starting to stand out. They have a nice soft feel on flush strikes. Not atypical for clubs in this category. The communicate fairly well on off center hits.

And it is with the off center hits that these stand out. The ball still reaches the green in most cases. May be a long putt, but a putt none the less. Have had 15, 13, and 11 GIR over the last three rounds. So very happy with the results so far. Likewise very pleased with the MMT 60A shafts. Seem to fit my swing/tempo perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello PXG golfers, I'm excited to join this thread on the 0211.

I just placed an order for my set yesterday. 4-pw with TT elevate in Stiff flex 2 degrees flat.

Other the last two years I've played the CF16s, Ben Hogan Edge, PTX Pro, Callaway Rogue Pro and currently playing the Fourteen LE-10s.

I'm excited to see how these 0211$ are compared to what I've played recently.

I just placed an order for my set yesterday. 4-pw with TT elevate in Stiff flex 2 degrees flat.

Other the last two years I've played the CF16s, Ben Hogan Edge, PTX Pro, Callaway Rogue Pro and currently playing the Fourteen LE-10s.

When you have a chance to try them out, post and let us know how they performed.

about the same set up I have, mine are plus half inch in length 2* flat. Enjoying them, had since April.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

about the same set up I have, mine are plus half inch in length 2* flat. Enjoying them, had since April.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

What are your thoughts on them? How do they compare to your previous set you played ?

I had the Ping i25's.
Both cast, 0211's have aggressive lofts, full club longer.
Higher ball flight with the elevate shafts
look good, feel good.

I am a military retired doctor and can buy from PXG directly for $99 a club and get fit for $50 - before I bite on this can I get some performance and feel feedback. Currently playing a set of Diablo Forged with a graphite shaft - I am 62 and swing speed has dropped probably will end up again in graphite regular if I do get them.

I set up a fitting with pxg company at fifty dollars for the hour at a TPC course. I am 62 and have lost swing speed (driver about 92) so need right flex that will probably be their graphite regular but also want to see and feel/hear the strike before committing and also prefer usually 1/2 long as have short arms relatively. Always been a forged fan so on fence right now. Input appreciated!

I set up a fitting with pxg company at fifty dollars for the hour at a TPC course. I am 62 and have lost swing speed (driver about 92) so need right flex that will probably be their graphite regular but also want to see and feel/hear the strike before committing and also prefer usually 1/2 long as have short arms relatively. Always been a forged fan so on fence right now. Input appreciated!
I too got the 0211 on the military discount and I'm very pleased with my decision. I actually took these as aa gamble because I'm not close to a PXG fitter but after talking to a PXG fitter on line I was fairly confidant that he would provide me with a good fit. One thing I constantly heard was the feel of these and so far they haven't disappointed me. For a cast club, these are the best feeling cast clubs that I've played and almost no difference than a forged when hitting the sweet spot. The MMT shaft is also very stable along with it's steel mesh tip. I love the set-up of the irons because the have a fairly thin top line while still having a fairly forgiving sole. All in all especially at the price point, this is an excellent iron not only in terms of forgiveness but accuracy and feel as well.

Anyone know which launches higher ? MMT 70 or Elevate 95?
Golfworks lists the MMT as mid trajectory and Elevate as Mid/Hi.

Yha
I too got the 0211 on the military discount and I'm very pleased with my decision. I actually took these as aa gamble because I'm not close to a PXG fitter but after talking to a PXG fitter on line I was fairly confidant that he would provide me with a good fit. One thing I constantly heard was the feel of these and so far they haven't disappointed me. For a cast club, these are the best feeling cast clubs that I've played and almost no difference than a forged when hitting the sweet spot. The MMT shaft is also very stable along with it's steel mesh tip. I love the set-up of the irons because the have a fairly thin top line while still having a fairly forgiving sole. All in all especially at the price point, this is an excellent iron not only in terms of forgiveness but accuracy and feel as well.
thanks much great comments and thanks your service I am a doctor with VA so in touch with Vets....

Just went to their website to look at the 0211 irons and read the tech. Lots of good reviews here by you new 0211 owners. 6 irons, 5 thru PW, std length & loft, 1 degree flat lie, MMC 60 A flex Graphite shafts & PXG grips. Little over 600 bones with shipping & tax.

Man they are good looking irons. Sounds like a great impact feel with them and high launch from the owners here ion this thread too.

SERIOUS PONDER. I don't need another set of irons but they are priced right and look great.

Just went to their website to look at the 0211 irons and read the tech. Lots of good reviews here by you new 0211 owners. 6 irons, 5 thru PW, std length & loft, 1 degree flat lie, MMC 60 A flex Graphite shafts & PXG grips. Little over 600 bones with shipping & tax.

Man they are good looking irons. Sounds like a great impact feel with them and high launch from the owners here ion this thread too.

SERIOUS PONDER. I don't need another set of irons but they are priced right and look great.
Buy imo if can afford

Anyone know which launches higher ? MMT 70 or Elevate 95?
Golfworks lists the MMT as mid trajectory and Elevate as Mid/Hi.
I know that the MMT has a mid kick-point but I don't know which of the two launches it higher. I can tell you that the MMT 70 shaft that I have, I certainly have no problems in getting height out of it, however, in terms of pure height, I would think the Elevate shafts would probably launch higher.

At $89 an iron, with graphite. They are a great deal right now.

At $89 an iron, with graphite. They are a great deal right now.
It's not only a great but a fantastic deal. I mean with a premium MMT graphite shaft or an Elevate 95 steel shaft.........a 7 club set 4-PW is $623😲😲

It's not only a great but a fantastic deal. I mean with a premium MMT graphite shaft or an Elevate 95 steel shaft.........a 7 club set 4-PW is $623😲😲
Agreed. if I wasn’t so weary of playerish sized irons is still own my 0211’s. Ponder mode on the 0311 Gen 2 SGI’s.

Has anyone who has hit the 0211 hit the PING i500? I am real curious as I actually like the i500 but it is a bit dated tech wise. When did the 0211 come on the market?

Within the last year.

Has anyone who has hit the 0211 hit the PING i500? I am real curious as I actually like the i500 but it is a bit dated tech wise. When did the 0211 come on the market?
What??? You love your irons.

Back