New TaylorMade Stealth Drivers and 3 Woods

The guy in my local shop thinks this will be the top selling driver this year, so he’s clearly on one side of the fence with this.

While not for me, I could see the appeal to the looks.

Gonna leave this here…😳

the face looks inset, with a little ridge around it. Given how I like to explore the face, (gotta get my money’s worth right?) I would have some interesting shots from time to time if that’s truly the case 🤣

I’m 100% ok with the aesthetics of this driver. It looks really good. And, if it’s going to raise my average ball speed 5+ mph it’s kind of a no brainer. I get really excited when we’re talking completely new technology. And I carbon face isn’t new. But, the tech from 2021>2001. I think there’s a lot more that can be done with modern engineering that they weren’t alot to do then.

Now, I have heard the top will give 300 mini vibes. Matte black with a shiny black trim. The last missing piece is going to be the shape and profile. If it’s like the sim or sim 2?

The driver face looks like it came out of an informercial lol. I’ll be curious to see this in person, but the look is definitely not what I pictured in my mind.

I like what I'm seeing but I know nothing about the benefits/risks of a carbon face. But this hits visually for me.

I feel like Taylormade has been behind for quite awhile in the tech game but inexplicably their drivers have literally dusted the competition in fitting bays for me the last year. I don't know if they forgot to slow the face down with injected slow foam on my head (haha sooo stupid) - but it rips. I'm inclined to give Taylormade a blind shot based on performance of my current driver, unless a competitor can make things interesting.

I like what I'm seeing but I know nothing about the benefits/risks of a carbon face. But this hits visually for me.

I feel like Taylormade has been behind for quite awhile in the tech game but inexplicably their drivers have literally dusted the competition in fitting bays for me the last year. I don't know if they forgot to slow the face down with injected slow foam on my head (haha sooo stupid) - but it rips. I'm inclined to give Taylormade a blind shot based on performance of my current driver, unless a competitor can make things interesting.
I wouldn’t say they’ve been being on tech if their drivers are performing. Maybe behind I’m trying to push boundaries? But looks like they’re making up for it this year haha.

Sounds like the face will be customizable colors at some point if a guy wanted a truest stealthy driver and wanted to go all black.

I don’t really know what to say about this one. I got to see it. I am not sure if I want to un see it or not. Never owned a Taylormade driver and I honestly don’t really see that changing this time around.

I don’t really know what to say about this one. I got to see it. I am not sure if I want to un see it or not. Never owned a Taylormade driver and I honestly don’t really see that changing this time around.
At least interested in trying it? And did you see it in person?

Carbon fiber SLDR. Yay?

I wouldn’t say they’ve been being on tech if their drivers are performing. Maybe behind I’m trying to push boundaries? But looks like they’re making up for it this year haha.

Sounds like the face will be customizable colors at some point if a guy wanted a truest stealthy driver and wanted to go all black.
I guess I just mean that their tech and marketing has rung hollow with me for a few years, and I only even gave them a chance because their crown looks amazing. Twist Face? Don't care. Rudder they copied from a different brand? Seems to work but hardly their innovation. Injected speed foam that slows the head down? GTFO with that marketing mumbo jumbo.
But for whatever reason when I swing the thing, the ball goes far and straight. It's madness.

At least interested in trying it? And did you see it in person?

yeah saw it in person, didn’t get to hit though. Always interested in trying it. Obviously TM drivers perform well. I just have some others I’ll put in front of them do to companies I’ve met during THP events. Now if this thing is 15 yards longer then anything else I hit this year it’ll be in the bag with a smile on my face!

Heard from a TM rep the build is going to be like the old Callaway C4. Carbon fiber face.

Oh FINALLY. Man that took forever.

Looks pretty good from above. It's kinda cool and with the new look Ventus red is a pretty package. Sound is .. gonna be loved and hated. It's similar to what you'd expect.

Could work.
Or not…like the SLDR for 90% of golfers.

TM truly feels like they’re throwing anything at the wall they can that MIGHT stick for hopes that it will. They’ll push this as revolutionary….when it’s been done before.

I guess I just mean that their tech and marketing has rung hollow with me for a few years, and I only even gave them a chance because their crown looks amazing. Twist Face? Don't care. Rudder they copied from a different brand? Seems to work but hardly their innovation. Injected speed foam that slows the head down? GTFO with that marketing mumbo jumbo.
But for whatever reason when I swing the thing, the ball goes far and straight. It's madness.
Haha I agree with the twist face and the slow down foam. The rudder has been done by a few oems.

I grabbed a Sim on a a random whim. I’ve been super impressed with it. Launches high, carries forever, and is really straight with a little fade bias which I love.

Durability shouldn’t be an issue for composite. What is real is creep and there is a reason that previous drivers done this way by Callaway and others started slower.

While I can’t comment on this particular driver and tech yet, creep and usga limits will be a hot button for those that do research
With creep are the manufacturers able to limit or stop it once it reaches a certain point so it doesn’t become a hot face?

TM truly feels like they’re throwing anything at the wall they can that MIGHT stick for hopes that it will. They’ll push this as revolutionary….when it’s been done before.

well. It’s for sure different that the current norm. And if they do it and do it well. It will be revolutionary as it has not been well done before.

I like how it looks. It definitely grabs your attention. Will be fun to see if it is more than that.

they are going to have to perform next year. I think it is going to be another good year for drivers. Cobra, call away, mizuno all in the mix..

To be fair. When was the last carbon faced driver released? Almost 20 years ago? I’m going to assume that the engineering behind it has improved a bit since then.

I got a chance to see and hit the new drivers, I will be putting one in the mix for next season.

Haha I agree with the twist face and the slow down foam. The rudder has been done by a few oems.

I grabbed a Sim on a a random whim. I’ve been super impressed with it. Launches high, carries forever, and is really straight with a little fade bias which I love.
I don't want a Taylormade driver in the bag from a brand/story/marketing perspective - but this 2020 Sim Max is the easiest club to hit that I've ever had. No idea how they stumbled into something so effective, but it is what it is. I even did a Callaway driver fitting and told the fitter that if he can match or exceed the performance of my driver, I'm buying. He couldn't.

I thought SIM2 was a lame release, so it's possible this Stealth is just another misstep. Can't wait to find out.

Oh FINALLY. Man that took forever.

Looks pretty good from above. It's kinda cool and with the new look Ventus red is a pretty package. Sound is .. gonna be loved and hated. It's similar to what you'd expect.

that's it...i'm trying it out.

Back