New to THP, but not new to forums

SVonhof

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I was pointed this way by a fellow forum member from a different forum. He said it is a good group and has lots of great information and posts.

I am a transplant from CA to NC (moved last year July to Pinehurst).

I play to about an 18 handicap, but am always trying to get better. Moving here, my handicap went up a solid 4 points, but is on it's way back down now.

Welcome.(y)

:welcome:

Welcome aboard! Glad you're here.
I'm just a few hours down the road in upstate SC

Welcome to THP!!

I imagine living near pinehurst will definitely help the handicap. #jealous

Welcome to THP.
Just in your area at Dormie Club recently.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!

Are you a Pinehurst member? If not where do you play?

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP

Welcome.

Were the playing conditions that contributed most to your increasing handicap? Now that you are getting more used to the conditions do you see that being the most significant contributor to the handicap going back down? Or was it a swing change that caused the fluctuation?

Welcome to THP. Jump in and enjoy. Lots of good people in here.

Good afternoon all, I was pointed this way by a fellow forum member from a different forum. He said it is a good group and has lots of great information and posts.

I am a transplant from CA to NC (moved last year July to Pinehurst).

I play to about an 18 handicap, but am always trying to get better. Moving here, my handicap went up a solid 4 points, but is on it's way back down now.
Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!
@MGoBlue, yes, we did get a Pinehurst membership. It is hard to beat for what you get out of it. We have met soooo many people here and are more social than we ever have been because of it. But at the same time, because I am working still, I have not ventured out to any non Pinehurst resort (PCC) courses yet.

@That post, the reason why the handicap went up was Donald Ross. IYKYN. o_O Played #2 today with a forum member (I don't know yet if he uses the same user name here as on the other forum) and we all "Got Rossed" on one hole or another. I have had to re-learn how to chip as where I used to play in California is VERY different than here. We always had mild rough around the greens or could easily just putt it. Here, you really need to make a good choice and hit the shot. Figuring that out has helped the handicap come down again more than anything else.

@JB, I have ridden my motorcycle into their parking lot at Dormie, but that's it. I hear if you live here, you cannot be a member. They want members that travel.

Back