New UST Mamiya LINQ for 2022

Sadly, the tip snapped last weekend......I am constantly watching the Evil-bay site for a replacement
I have one if interested. Just grabbed a 5F4 an little lighter. Pm me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_6636.jpeg
    IMG_6636.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 6
Took a long lunch to finally get the MLM2Pro outside for the first time. And get some data. See if I'm improving or regressing. 😂

Stay Tuned.....

1000013214.jpg

For some reason I'm having a hard time uploading my data out Rapsodo so this will have to do until I play around with it more. First thoughts at my home range with the new shaft/driver (Darkspeed X) combo.

Prior to Shaft Up I was struggling mightily with my driver. Swing issues. Issues between the ears. Issues coming over the top, etc. I was losing so much distance to bad contact and hitting off the heel. This was getting me way too much side spin and the ball just knuckling right ....wayyyyy right. Seemed like Id gotten the golf yips and Shaft Up appeared to be a god send. I hit my 3 wood 210 or 220 most days. If I really get after it 230. So I'm not much of a long hitter but I know for a fact that I was hitting my 3 wood farther than driver prior to Victoria National.

Danny worked a lot with me on swing tips at VN and I put a lot of those into practice today. I only had time for one large bucket of balls. And the MLM2PRO had trouble picking up every swing. Chalking that up to me being a newbie when using it outside.

So today there was a bit of side wind but I was making solid contact and had my swing going much better than normal and I was seeing improvement. And I know there's more out there to get. That's the biggest thing. I know if I can straighten these out I'll see even more positive results. Again...for someone like @jayronmillz10 these are pedestrian. 😂. But 44 year old me is giddy just see drives getting past my 3 wood distances.

1000013224.jpg

I wasn't seeing numbers past 220 prior to or at VN. At VN I'm not even sure I got close. Couldn't be happier with what I feel from the TX shaft paired with this head. Seems easier to keep it stable throughout the swing if that makes sense and I don't feel like I have to really get after it to see good results. Just a good solid swing through the ball, making solid contact, not leaving myself open and I'm seeing improvement. I always comment on the Dart shafts feeling smooth but I feel the same thing from this combo too.

That's all I wanted. To see gradual improvement. I know swing issues need to be fixed and I have some drills I'm going to start to do that but today's really quick range session has me excited to see where I go from here.

Hoping to hit our simulator at work tomorrow, but if that doesn't happen I'll be back out with this combo Friday afternoon for a quick 18. So just a quick and dirty update today but looking forward to more thoughts later this week.

For some reason I'm having a hard time uploading my data out Rapsodo so this will have to do until I play around with it more. First thoughts at my home range with the new shaft/driver (Darkspeed X) combo.

Prior to Shaft Up I was struggling mightily with my driver. Swing issues. Issues between the ears. Issues coming over the top, etc. I was losing so much distance to bad contact and hitting off the heel. This was getting me way too much side spin and the ball just knuckling right ....wayyyyy right. Seemed like Id gotten the golf yips and Shaft Up appeared to be a god send. I hit my 3 wood 210 or 220 most days. If I really get after it 230. So I'm not much of a long hitter but I know for a fact that I was hitting my 3 wood farther than driver prior to Victoria National.

Danny worked a lot with me on swing tips at VN and I put a lot of those into practice today. I only had time for one large bucket of balls. And the MLM2PRO had trouble picking up every swing. Chalking that up to me being a newbie when using it outside.

So today there was a bit of side wind but I was making solid contact and had my swing going much better than normal and I was seeing improvement. And I know there's more out there to get. That's the biggest thing. I know if I can straighten these out I'll see even more positive results. Again...for someone like @jayronmillz10 these are pedestrian. 😂. But 44 year old me is giddy just see drives getting past my 3 wood distances.

View attachment 9256104

I wasn't seeing numbers past 220 prior to or at VN. At VN I'm not even sure I got close. Couldn't be happier with what I feel from the TX shaft paired with this head. Seems easier to keep it stable throughout the swing if that makes sense and I don't feel like I have to really get after it to see good results. Just a good solid swing through the ball, making solid contact, not leaving myself open and I'm seeing improvement. I always comment on the Dart shafts feeling smooth but I feel the same thing from this combo too.

That's all I wanted. To see gradual improvement. I know swing issues need to be fixed and I have some drills I'm going to start to do that but today's really quick range session has me excited to see where I go from here.

Hoping to hit our simulator at work tomorrow, but if that doesn't happen I'll be back out with this combo Friday afternoon for a quick 18. So just a quick and dirty update today but looking forward to more thoughts later this week.
Danny has a way of getting the most out of someone

View attachment 9256104

Dude great update! This is awesome to hear. Before you know you’re going to be hitting 260 yard bombs and won’t believe it! Linq and Darkspeed is a smooth combo!

I was able to get out yesterday and swing my new setup of the Cobra Darkspeed and Linq Prototype. I was still a little in disbelief that I could get the same numbers. I went to an indoor simulator and saw some numbers that I was super pleased with. I can now swing through the ball hard and not be worried about my pull hook to the left. It’s amazing that this shaft is able to straighten things out so much and also give me so much more distance. I’m hitting a much straighter ball and also much more distance. What a difference in confidence swinging a shaft that fits you and Linq is amazing in that way!

My sim numbers:
Averages (roughly)
Total Carry: 298
Spin: 2400
Launch: 14
Ball speed: 164

I’m not sure how accurate this sim was but I was pretty happy with those!

I can’t wait to get this pair on the course!

I was able to get out yesterday and swing my new setup of the Cobra Darkspeed and Linq Prototype. I was still a little in disbelief that I could get the same numbers. I went to an indoor simulator and saw some numbers that I was super pleased with. I can now swing through the ball hard and not be worried about my pull hook to the left. It’s amazing that this shaft is able to straighten things out so much and also give me so much more distance. I’m hitting a much straighter ball and also much more distance. What a difference in confidence swinging a shaft that fits you and Linq is amazing in that way!

My sim numbers:
Averages (roughly)

Ball launcher.

Those video game numbers 👏

I have a 1st gen Red F4 inbound and I also have a Blue inbound for the 3 wood thanks to @rogt and @Parrot I really appreciate it gentlemen

Last edited:

My sim numbers:
Averages (roughly)

Uh

Those are bombs

I have a 1st gen Red F4 inbound and I also have a Blue inbound for the 3 wood thanks to @rogt and @Parrot I really appreciate it gentlemen
You bet! Trying to figure out if there is any differences between the generations. @DannyLe little info help here?

Obsessed with this shaft. Very stable. Feels fantastic. Hit 50% of my fairways today. Doesn't sound like a lot but for someone who doesn't hit many that's progress. Windy so distance wasn't there. But I can see it coming. Just completely obsessed with hitting this combo.

1000013283.jpg

Got my LinQ Red last night in the mail, put it on a BRAND new Driver Head, and went to the course today.

It was my second round of the year, second time swinging clubs this year - and didn't have any range time.

It was definitely a mixed bag overall, score-wise, but I had a REALLY nice 3 hole stretch driving the ball, which just shows me what this thing is capable of.

IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

Got my LinQ Red last night in the mail, put it on a BRAND new Driver Head, and went to the course today.

It was my second round of the year, second time swinging clubs this year - and didn't have any range time.

It was definitely a mixed bag overall, score-wise, but I had a REALLY nice 3 hole stretch driving the ball, which just shows me what this thing is capable of.

View attachment 9257021

View attachment 9257022

View attachment 9257023
Dude. This is gonna be so good for you.

Had to make sure my entire bag was UST Mamiya. So now we have some LinQ White 7F4s going into the Apex UW 21 degree and the AI Smoke 3 Wood. Absolutely can't wait to plug these in and go. Waiting on some adapters and hopefully will have them ready for league next week. I think these are gonna pair nicely. I hit my fairway and UW so well right now, it can only get better.

1000013319.jpg

Back