New Years Eve/Day Food/Drink Plans

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious.....what are you guy doing for food today and tomorrow?

Any traditions or fun plans?

I'm trying to steal ideas from you fine THP foodies.....lol....

Currently thinking maybe Eggplant Parm.

Any fun beverage plans?

Cheers!

We are doing Beef Tenderloin in the Sous Vide tonight with sides and some really nice red wine. Will be happy to say goodbye to 2020. Let's hope 2021 is a million times better.

We do Chinese take out every year.

NYE is can be anything but on NYD we do the traditional ham, collards, black eyed peas, and corny.

Going out to my brother in law's house for heavy hors d'oeurves and to watch a movie. Probably will be home in bed before 10:00 pm.

We are doing Filet's tonight with a nice red wine and finishing the evening with some bourbon

Tonight I will be in bed at a normal time. Tomorrow I will go to Dillard's for the big New Year's sale and then relax.

I have a few special bottles of bourbon I will open. Normal tradition is Chinese but we are doing Mexican this year.

NYE is our anniversary. We typically celebrate it out with a nice meal. This year, think we are staying in, making some Thai food and watching some movies with the kids

Meh nothing special. Probably some bacon wrapped filets on the grill tonight with some steamed veggies(frozen). Tomorrow will probably smoke some chicken legs.

No food traditions here. Wife is working nights so it’s just me and the pets. Maybe I’ll order pizza. I didn’t even get a bottle of champagne, but maybe I’ll uncork a new bottle of wine.

Not sure yet. Probably night hockey on the lake for a while - neighborhood out lights down there for the kids (and us adults that like to skate) - bring a pit too - sip some Tennessee Fire -

And probably games/movie with the kids later as well.

Food: not sure yet but Costco is calling my name. Maybe some Filets from there....

Think ill make some 🌮 with a little IN-A-TUB powder cheese

usually my wife and i do something special on new years. my inlaws typically have my kids. we will do a big dinner with great wine, then on new years we will do more great food and drink and binge a show all day. but this year my wife has covid, so we didn’t take the kids, and she can’t smell or taste anything. so i don’t really know what i’m going to do.

Tonight I will be in bed at a normal time. Tomorrow I will go to Dillard's for the big New Year's sale and then relax.

man, haven't heard about a Dillards in a long time. They had one in Abilene Tx when I first went in the Air Force

Just curious.....what are you guy doing for food today and tomorrow?

Any traditions or fun plans?

I'm trying to steal ideas from you fine THP foodies.....lol....

Currently thinking maybe Eggplant Parm.

Any fun beverage plans?

Cheers!

My college aged daughter is handling the kitchen duties tonight and tomorrow. Tonight is Penne with Shrimp in a Vodka Sauce. Tomorrow is chicken tenders and fries in the air fryer (Christmas Gift). Beverages for me will be a couple of Sam Adams Winter Lagers.

My college aged daughter is handling the kitchen duties tonight and tomorrow. Tonight is Penne with Shrimp in a Vodka Sauce. Tomorrow is chicken tenders and fries in the air fryer (Christmas Gift). Beverages for me will be a couple of Sam Adams Winter Lagers.
Sam Winter is awesome. Have not had one in a while...perhaps I will grab a couple ack today at the market.

Baked ziti tonight.

Tomorrow is Roasted pork loin, black-eyed peas, cabbage, jalapeno cheese grits and corn bread.

My wife rules and she wants my home made sourdough pizza. To liven things up, we have been stockpiling meats and cheeses for a tremendous appetizer sampling and of course some libations fermented from grapes will accompany all this.

Relaxing night at home for me, I expect. Maybe watch a movie and poke my head out the door when the neighbour does their fireworks.

Back