New Year's resolution - Golf.

There's a couple for me;
Try to become more social, as a chronically shy guy meeting others on the course to play with is never easy
More time on the short game, learn how to chip and putt
Continue with the lessons and aim to hit 15 handicap in 2015
Try and contribute more to this wonderful community!

1. Get back into shape.
2. Make a few changes in the bag.
3. Acquaint myself with my new iron swing.
4. Practice and play as much as I can.

Play more. Plain and simple.

Consistency and starts with maintaining the lesson plan
THP events and more golf with THPers
Making sure I continue to smile on the golf course

I resolve to:
Not only have a good time playing the game, but to help others enjoy the rounds shared with me.
Also, to continue my improvement.

My commitment - improve mind, body and soul.

Here are my commitments that I'm making that are somewhat golf related.
- Work/life balance - no working when the kids are awake!
- Since I work most nights when the kids are in bed... wake up early to exercise.
Noticed I lost some flexibility last year and perhaps why may game didn't feel nearly as complete.
- Hit the sack at a reasonable hour.

This will invariably lead to a more structured schedule which I hope leads to a healthier and balanced lifestyle.

Mine is getting the driver/3 wood under control off the tee (at least to some degree). I'm playing off a 31 right now, but would be between a 15-20 if I'd get my tee game straightened out. I could do it now by gaming a 3 iron off the tee, but I don't want to. I want to get better with the woods - and I'm close.

I will also continue to take lessons, but will probably slow down to 1 or 2 lessons a month, versus 1 a week. I also plan to play 9 holes much more often once we get some more evening time day light again.

Mine is just to become a better ball striker. I really need to get better with my irons. I think if I can do that, my scores will drop. I will definitely take some more lessons this year.

My goals for 2015 are....

1) Be consistent
2) Get in shape
3) Play a lot more golf than I did in 2014

Handicap below 20. Need to shave off seven strokes. I think this is definitely do-able.

Lower my handicap, get in more match play, make it to as many THP events as possible, play in at least 10 different states I have not played in before, laugh often.

1. Pain free golf.
2. Find more fairways.
3. Earn a THP Hall of Fame tag.
4. Play more with my dad.
5. Play more with THPers.
6. No more golf bag purchases.
7. Crack EVERYONE up.

Have fun... first and foremost.

I tend to let my score take place of having fun. Really need to step back and realize I am playing for leisure and fun.

Fix my swing so that I can keep my driver in play. This should result in a significant drop in my handicap.

I resolve to eliminate any further pain and suffering that I may halved caused to vegetation and aquatic life whom reside in the ob areas beyond the boundaries of fairways and greens...

Last year I updated my clubs........So that's my golf New Year's resolution. No new club buying for 2015.
What's yours?

I'm jumpin in your boat. I'm gonna stick with my new bag and be content with what I chose to game for 2015. There...I said it AND put it in writing!

I've got a list of goals for 2015 but as far as a New Year's Golf Resolution ... I want to have a focused intention for every shot and then totally commit to making it happen.

I have a couple goals I've been thinking of for 2015. 1: upgrade my irons, but settle on one set and stop toying with things 2: play more in general 3: play with THPers as often as possible

I have a couple goals I've been thinking of for 2015. 1: upgrade my irons, but settle on one set and stop toying with things 2: play more in general 3: play with THPers as often as possible
I like the sounds of this buddy! Hope to tee it up with you as often as possible.

Play more golf with THPers.

Stop worrying about changing up clubs every week.

Have more fun while playing.

More consistency. I've recently gotten rid of my over the top swing, but not completely. I recorded my last 2 rounds with my swingshot golf cam, and it still rares its ugly head every now and then, especially with my driver.
I've dropped quite a few strokes off my game the last two summers as I've had a goal;
2 summers ago- was focusing on my grip and one-pc takeaway
This summer- cure the OTT, and putting
Next summer- Consistency, and chipping (now my biggest weakness)

I like the sounds of this buddy! Hope to tee it up with you as often as possible.

I second this! We gotta get the band back together again.

Work on the flat stick
playing with a couple local THPers in Spokane
drop my index by 2 digits
Consistency, consistency, consistency

I promise to have more fun and feel less bad when a bad shot is made. The last rounds I've played this year didn't feel fun because I got angry when I messed up. That's a big no no in 2015.

Back