Next Career Grand Slam

Who will be the next to complete the career grand slam?

• Mickelson

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • McIlroy

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Koepka

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Spieth

Votes: 48 44.9%
  • Morikawa

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • A different golfer

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • No current golfer will complete the career grand slam

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • DJ

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With Morikawa launching himself into the conversation with two major championships in less than 12 months, let’s restart this conversation! Who will be the next golfer to complete the career grand slam?
  • Mickelson - 6 majors (needs US Open)
  • McIlroy - 4 majors (needs Masters)
  • Koepka - 4 majors (needs Masters and Open Championship)
  • Spieth - 3 majors (needs PGA Championship)
  • DJ - 2 majors (needs PGA & Open Championship)
  • Morikawa - 2 majors (needs Masters and US Open)

Morikawa.

I'll reluctantly say Spieth.

Since DJ wasn't listed a choice in the poll, I like his chances better.

Mainly because he seems like catches unbeatable hot streaks more often than the other golfers on the list.

I think DJ and Morikawa both do it, but slight edge to DJ.

Since DJ wasn't listed a choice in the poll, I like his chances better.

Mainly because he seems like catches unbeatable hot streaks more often than the other golfers on the list.
I always miss something when I make a poll!

Speith has the "easiest" path at this point.

Spieth because he only needs one and 2021 has shown that he has the game again to contend in Majors.

Give me Rory. Top 10 finishes in 6 of his last 8 Masters. It’s going to happen.

Rory. He is always close at Augusta. 6 top 10s last 8 years. One of these times he's going to avoid that one bad round.

Rahm.

I'd lean toward one of the guys that only need 1 (Phil, Rory or Spieth), and of those 3 I would go with Spieth based on the fact it appears he finally has his head back in the right place and is playing some really good golf.

Spieth should but it's such a tough challenge, not sure he will handle it well

I'll take Morikawa. He seems to handle pressure better than most!

As much as i would like to see phil get it. I tgink Spieth will do it.

Morikawa. I love his game!!

Before Sunday at the Open I would've said Morikawa however I am going to go with Spieth here - he got his mojo back!

1.) Spieth - easy pick for this slot.
2A.) DJ - can win any tournament but it's tough to predict if/when "that" guy will show up.
2B.) Morikawa - premier ball striker who's already 50% of the way this early in his career...yikes, look out! Hope he doesn't pull a Rory.

It’s all close between Morikawa, Rory and Speith. I’d give the edge to Speith because he only needs one and he has been playing really good golf. If you told me Morikawa did it in the next 2-3 years I wouldn’t be surprised at all. McIlroy seems the least likely of the 3 at the moment but if he finds his game next season I would put him as a FedEx cup favorite. Doesn’t seem like he’s been playing great golf and still managed to squeak out a win

Spieth. He only has one left and is playing better than any of the others with only one left right now.

My sentimental favorite would be Phil, would love to see him get it done but I think his chances are less than Jordan.

I’m not completely sold on Jordan being ready to win a major again just because the demons he battles out there from his past scar tissue, but like he said he did play the best final round while in contention in a major in a long time. One could argue he should have won the tournament without those inexcusable bogeys on Saturday.

the pga is very gettable for him and with how awesome he is playing I would be surprised at all to see him win that next year or in the years following.

Based on where his game is now, I went Spieth slightly over Morikawa. Can't remeber the last time I saw him drive the ball as well as he did at The Open.

Morikawa would be my pick. He can contend anywhere. If he is making putts then he is winning.

That is a really tough call the way things are nowadays.
Just so tough to play well in those.

I went with Rory because I think a Masters would give him a jumpstart on the second half of his career.

Speith would be my second choice

Pulling for Morikawa to get this faster than anyone else. Love his game and his attitude - seems like a great guy.

But I chose Rory - I think he gets his Masters before Jordan gets his PGA.

Back