NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A backup goalie, plus a first+ for a guy that you're bringing in to be a backup and veteran presents? No way I would make that deal. They still want Reimer to develop, not to replace him as the starter.
If Luongo were to have gone to TO, he would be the undisputed starter.
Given the Canucks short window of opportunity and our complete lack of talent on the farm I could see a potential situation where Schneider is traded this summer. The return for Scheids could be huge if the Bischop trade is any indication and what good is chaining down a young talented goaltender while you "re-tool" your team over 3-5 years? If you are going to rebuild the ONLY way is to commit to it 100% and absolutely suck for 5 years getting top 5 draft picks.

Ya I'm confused by that how would Luongo be a backup veteran? He is still arguably one of the best goalies in the league..

Or did I read that wrong

A backup goalie, plus a first+ for a guy that you're bringing in to be a backup and veteran presents? No way I would make that deal. They still want Reimer to develop, not to replace him as the starter.

They'd bring in Lu to back up Reimer? Yeah, I don't agree, but there's no point in pursuing him if that was the plan.

Rangers are raping us.

Ya I'm confused by that how would Luongo be a backup veteran? He is still arguably one of the best goalies in the league..

Or did I read that wrong

They'd bring in Lu to back up Reimer? Yeah, I don't agree, but there's no point in pursuing him if that was the plan.

Nonis said he wanted a goalie to come in and be a mentor for Reimer and said he is not given up on Reimer as a starter. I'm just going by previous Nonis interviews.

Don't think he would be the backup in the general sense of only playing 20 games per season, would for sure be more than that, but don't think he would come in and have the majority of the starts either. If that's the case than Nonis would have made the deal that was on the board of Scrivens, a first and another pick.

Wow very interesting, Well thats the right idea if they have that much faith in Reimer. But I never saw him as that franchise goalie more of a back up 1B goalie who can play you 20-30 games

Wow very interesting, Well thats the right idea if they have that much faith in Reimer. But I never saw him as that franchise goalie more of a back up 1B goalie who can play you 20-30 games

I'm just going by what Nonis said he wanted for the playoffs and future. It would have basically been like a 1A/1B setup I'm sure for the time being. Now, rather that was just to show he has faith in Reimer incase he didn't get a goalie, who knows.

Biggest move of the day - OK, it wasn't today - Columbus' new GM.

He's making some great moves for you guys. Gaborik is going to make Columbus very dangerous.

He's making some great moves for you guys. Gaborik is going to make Columbus very dangerous.

Really really hoping he can return to 40g form. That would be ideal haha

I think overall Pittsburgh made the best moves, followed by Minnesota and St. Louis.

Minnesota gave up A LOT for Pomminville. Whoa.

Minnesota gave up A LOT for Pomminville. Whoa.

They have some depth in the system and they plan to sign JP to an extension. I like the deal, and I think in the end Buffalo fans will too.

I think the change of scenery will do him good. He may not be 40g, but I certainly could see 25-30.

He's getting 7.5 million next year.. I sure hope he sniffs 40 at that price.

They have some depth in the system and they plan to sign JP to an extension. I like the deal, and I think in the end Buffalo fans will too.

The two picks made it much more bearable.

I think overall Pittsburgh made the best moves, followed by Minnesota and St. Louis.
Doesn't matter because we can't win.

Wow Darren, you been hanging out with Montreal fans recently?

Haha I joke.

Frustrating to think this team just won 15 in a row. Doesn't help that we were missing 3 of our starting D-men tonight either. And Crosby goes without saying.

Anyone else think Washington are completely retarded for their Erat deal? Giving up Foresburg seems stupid.

Anyone else think Washington are completely retarded for their Erat deal? Giving up Foresburg seems stupid.

I can't really put that one together.. it's a HUGE risk to just throw away a high pick prospect like that. I hope he is awesome.

Gaborik has been struggling. He can't put the puck in the ocean if he was standing on the beach!

Ya, I would have never done it but WSH wanted a two way player; and Erat is a great one. He will fit it nice with Ribeiro on the second line. (Ovie, Backstrom) (Rib, Erat) not bad at all.

But man Forsberg is gonna BE GOOD!!!

I think the trade of the day was the untalked about Mason to Philly, I think he will turn into a stud. I think with CLB developed him wrong, Like Toronto did to Justin Pogge

Ya, I would have never done it but WSH wanted a two way player; and Erat is a great one. He will fit it nice with Ribeiro on the second line. (Ovie, Backstrom) (Rib, Erat) not bad at all.

But man Forsberg is gonna BE GOOD!!!

I think the trade of the day was the untalked about Mason to Philly, I think he will turn into a stud. I think with CLB developed him wrong, Like Toronto did to Justin Pogge

He's been flat out awful in both the starting role and a backup role.. He has full on meltdowns. How's he going to fair in media crazy Philly?

Prediction: terrible hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back