NHL 2013-2014 Season

Obviously the Isles get the best player but Buffalo has the potential to make this a very successful trade. Moulson and two high draft picks? Dang!

Bufallo wins on that one imho

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

Going to be interesting to see if Moulson can produce without playing along side one of the best players in the game. I have a feeling he won't be scoring 30 goals in Buffalo. Shocked to see NY trade away a first round draft pick, should of shows their hand in saying that they are no longer rebulding.

Bufallo wins on that one imho

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk
I've loved watching Vanek play even back into the USHL, he's got talent for sure, I think the Isles set themselves up nicely!

Vanek isn't worth a first on his own let alone adding a solid d man your wanting way too much.

Hmmm...I guess Vanek was worth a 1st a 2nd and a 3-time 30 goal scorer instead.

I really dont think moulson can score 30 goals without Tavares, but I do think buffalo made a great deal with that trade, clear winners on the long therm

I really dont think moulson can score 30 goals without Tavares, but I do think buffalo made a great deal with that trade, clear winners on the long therm

I agree completely. Moulson will not even sniff 30 goals playing with Buffalo. I'm curious to see what Vanek does finally playing with a "real" center though.

Patrick Sharp finally finds the back of the net. He's been snake-bitten this season. 2nd goal on 46 shots.

Can't believe they got all that for Vanek. Something tells me both players won't be wearing the same jerseys after the trade deadline.

Moulson with 2 goals lol. I love the trade for Buffalo. If NY signs Vanek I like it for them a lot too. If not it's a clear win for Buffalo, especially if Moulson stays (though I doubt it).

Both players in the Vanek trade UFAs at the end of the season.. I think moulson is alright but his output will eventually change without a guy like Tavares dishing him the puck and creating space.

really, I think Buffalo could have waited for the deadline and gotten more, but it could prove great for them.

Haha I thought of this when I read the details of the trade. Remember the trade was with the Islanders and I don't think they have won a trade since they brought in Robert Reichel.

The games actually look good at MSG now. Nice and bright.

Went to bed pissed and the Caps, woke up pissed at them. That was just a piss poor 3rd period after they took the lead. Congrars to Canucks fans though, I wish the Caps battled like that when they are down in the 3rd.

Went to bed pissed and the Caps, woke up pissed at them. That was just a piss poor 3rd period after they took the lead. Congrars to Canucks fans though, I wish the Caps battled like that when they are down in the 3rd.

Say what you want about the Canucks this year, but they sure don't give up. I feel like every win has been coming from behind in the 3rd.
My favorite thing about Tortorella has been the fact that they don't take their foot off the gas if they have a lead, big or small. Under our last coach as soon as we had a 1 goal lead it was time to dump and chase and kill the clock and we lost so many games in the 3rd. Plus, Kesler with the Sedin's is just unfair.

Both players in the Vanek trade UFAs at the end of the season.. I think moulson is alright but his output will eventually change without a guy like Tavares dishing him the puck and creating space.

really, I think Buffalo could have waited for the deadline and gotten more, but it could prove great for them.

QFT, I would have thought they could have gotten more as well.

QFT, I would have thought they could have gotten more as well.

I disagree! considering they can still trade moulson at the deadline, and I wouldnt be suprised if they get another first rounder for him, plus his contract make him easier to move than Vanek

I disagree! considering they can still trade moulson at the deadline, and I wouldnt be suprised if they get another first rounder for him, plus his contract make him easier to move than Vanek

No idea who would move a first round pick for Moulson as a rental. Not saying it wouldn't happen, we've seen crazier.

Add me to this list:
No idea who would move a first round pick for Moulson as a rental. Not saying it wouldn't happen, we've seen crazier.

Maybe if he goes nuts, but even if they do, it's going to be to a playoff team, and that means a later pick. So you get two picks (probably 10-25) and a 2nd rounder for a point per game sniper... It's going to be tough to replace that with a player of Vanek's skill with those picks.

Edit: Apparently Buffalo is also paying NYI to take him, retaining 1.4 million of his salary. Yikes.

Two of the best GIFs for the week:

1 - Kreider apparently kills two Canadiens with one blueline tow..

6Ku40eP.gif

2 - Big hit from Dubinsky has Koivu hitting himself in the face with his stick..

iQwhiUCNqF9yU.gif

Huge win for the Hawks last night over Ottawa. After being down 4-2, it was nice to come back and win 6-5. Maybe it will finally kick us into gear and we can get a little run going.

BTW: Toews getting a hat-trick was just awesome.

I also found this hilarious, and a little true:
BXwXvuGIMAEmtbT.jpg:large

Two of the best GIFs for the week:

1 - Kreider apparently kills two Canadiens with one blueline tow..

6Ku40eP.gif

2 - Big hit from Dubinsky has Koivu hitting himself in the face with his stick..

iQwhiUCNqF9yU.gif

That call on Kreider was BS. The Canadians tripped over themselves. The refs in that game where brutal.

The most Buffalo will get for Moulson at the deadline is 3rd round pick if that. I also, think next year Buffalo has 2 1st and 2 2nd rounds picks. The question is, what will they get for Miller.

That call on Kreider was BS. The Canadians tripped over themselves. The refs in that game where brutal.

The most Buffalo will get for Moulson at the deadline is 3rd round pick if that. I also, think next year Buffalo has 2 1st and 2 2nd rounds picks. The question is, what will they get for Miller.

It depends on how well Miller plays and who desperately needs him. Right now, I would say not much.

I have to agree with you for the canadiens call, after looking at it on replay, but I can understand why the reffs made that mistake on that play... all the calls were teribles that night, both ways.

as per Moulson's value, i'd be surprised if he goes for a third rounder at the deadline as I am convinced that this is the kind of player that a playoff team would be looking for to add offensive depth

Back