NHL 2013-2014 Season

I was pretty unimpressed by the Leafs yesterday. I guess it was just a bad game but geez they didn't even put up a fight. Morgan Reilly needs to go back to junior as I don't think he could push anyone away from the net at this point and Clarkson might be the most overpaid 4th liner in quite some time.

Good win for the Nucks and Luongo with another shutout.

I was pretty unimpressed by the Leafs yesterday. I guess it was just a bad game but geez they didn't even put up a fight. Morgan Reilly needs to go back to junior as I don't think he could push anyone away from the net at this point and Clarkson might be the most overpaid 4th liner in quite some time.

I think it was the 3 games in 4 nights on a west coast swing. Some teams from the east get worn out with the travel. They just aren't used to it. I'm just glad people are realizing the Bobby-Lou isn't a bad goalie and still and was always elite and I hate the Nucks.

I think it was the 3 games in 4 nights on a west coast swing. Some teams from the east get worn out with the travel. They just aren't used to it. I'm just glad people are realizing the Bobby-Lou isn't a bad goalie and still and was always elite and I hate the Nucks.
I've been beating on the Luongo drum for the last couple years. Since day one I've argued with VAN fans that we should trade Schneider and keep Lou. Admittedly I thought we'd get much more for Schneider than a 9th overall pick.

They played really badly. As mentioned, they did have a tough little stretch on the West Coast, happy to take 2 of 3. Of for Reiley, not sure I would agree really. I thought last night he looked to be one of the better Leafs on the ice, stepping up in the play and pushing what little offence there was. I wasn't a fan of keeping him in the Bigs at first, but he's starting to gain confidence with the puck and for an offensive defenceman, that's huge.

Also, Clarkson played on the third line....jeeze :alien:

The offensive upside of having Reilly in the lineup is not in question but it was laughable watching him try to move Canucks away from the front of the net. Im not sure he could move his own shadow at this point.
The long road swing will definitely take the wind out of a team's sails though.

The offensive upside of having Reilly in the lineup is not in question but it was laughable watching him try to move Canucks away from the front of the net. Im not sure he could move his own shadow at this point.
The long road swing will definitely take the wind out of a team's sails though.

He's still young yet. Hopefully he'll do like Kadri did and beef up in the off season. I watched him take Kesler off the puck a couple of times along the boards, so the opportunity for him to develop physically is there, just needs to work hard off the ice over the next couple of years. Could really see him developing into a player like Duncan Keith, not that big, but positionally sound.

The Ducks wrap up their 8 game road trip tomorrow at the Rangers. Considering the length of the trip and how many injuries have occurred, it's pretty satisfying to see them at 4-2-1 on the trip. It's fun to see the kids step up and play well. Also thanks to the Caps for Mathieu Perrault, that guy is exactly what the team needed and is already a fan favorite.

The Ducks wrap up their 8 game road trip tomorrow at the Rangers. Considering the length of the trip and how many injuries have occurred, it's pretty satisfying to see them at 4-2-1 on the trip. It's fun to see the kids step up and play well. Also thanks to the Caps for Mathieu Perrault, that guy is exactly what the team needed and is already a fan favorite.

I'm happy to see Matty P. is doing well and already popular with the fans. I really hated seeing him go but it was for the best for him because he wouldn't have seen much ice time here, also, I'm glad he's with Bruce, they have a lot of history together not only in Washington but also with Hershey of the AHL, he knows exactly how to use him.

That was a sweet assistant from Tom Wilson! Also good to see MJ90 put one in the net.

Boychuk SMASH!!!

8OZhEZ8.gif

If you're going to go after a guy, you should probably be prepared that he's going to try and fight back as well haha.

At the canucks coyotes game. First period sucked but lots of fun now.
tap tap taparoo

YOTES WIN!!! Amazing shootout
tap tap taparoo

I wonder if the league will review Buffalo's win at San Jose? The Sharks pretty clearly scored in OT and no one even reviewed the play. Strange sequence of events.

I wonder if the league will review Buffalo's win at San Jose? The Sharks pretty clearly scored in OT and no one even reviewed the play. Strange sequence of events.

There any video of this? Just interested because they didn't even mention it on sports centre this morning.

How that play wasn't reviewed in beyond me!! Did the boys in Toronto decide to call it a night early?

hahahaha I was about to post the exact same thing.

I guess in the West they're use to playing against players like the Sedins.

Anyone able to figure out why the Pens have been sucking of late.

I actually take my remark back, it says they've won 4 straight on NHL. I swear just the other morning on Sports Centre they said they lost 3 straight and then I noticed they're losing tonight.

I'm dumb, carry on.

Jets guy gets checked through the glass, drunk jackwad in the 4th row steals his helmet, wears helmet, and fist pumps. I'll see if I can find the video. Pretty funny.

Back