NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's got to be frustrating seeing what the team is capable of, especially what they did at the end of last season.
I really did expect big things from them this year before that start they had.

It's an endless cycle, and they aren't ballsy enough to blow it up.. Rather, tiny cogs here and there to maintain mediocrity but never get that player who will genuinely factor.

At this point it's more of a joke than anything. Stopped bothering me over a year ago, and now I watch to pass the time, not to feel passion for them.

It's an endless cycle, and they aren't ballsy enough to blow it up.. Rather, tiny cogs here and there to maintain mediocrity but never get that player who will genuinely factor.

At this point it's more of a joke than anything. Stopped bothering me over a year ago, and now I watch to pass the time, not to feel passion for them.

That's what the Sabres did for years and they were never even as good as Columbus. Finally blew it up and it looks like they're on the right track (minus the Kane trade).

Stempniak is a good pickup for Boston. Never gets much credit but is always solid.

Boston gave up a 2nd & 4th.

Last edited:
Adam Proteau @Proteautype

Today's NHL trade deadline was the Star Wars prequels of the genre. In related news, Rangers acquire forward J.J. Binks.

lol

lol

To make things worse they had to keep all of the players they had.

lol

what a fool, I dont know who thought we'd get any of them... not with Bergevin. This guy can only shop in the bargain bin of expired goods

what a fool, I dont know who thought we'd get any of them... not with Bergevin. This guy can only shop in the bargain bin of expired goods

while I'm sure that's generally true, they've done reasonably well with ex-Oilers D-men. Especially if you look at the return Calgary got for Russell today...

McGinn to Anaheim. Ducks are going to be tough.

McGinn to Anaheim. Ducks are going to be tough.

you mean the West is going to be tough...

I'd be willing to bet any of the last 4 standing in the west would beat whoever makes it to the finals from the east.

you mean the West is going to be tough...

I'd be willing to bet any of the last 4 standing in the west would beat whoever makes it to the finals from the east.

You're probably right. I'd like a Ducks vs Caps matchup.

lol

hahahaha that's really funny. The armchair GMs on TSN chat or even HF boards are amazing.

hahahaha that's really funny. The armchair GMs on TSN chat or even HF boards are amazing.

absolutely, I'd add reddit to that list too. And there's almost nothing better than hockey twitter on deadline day.

I have no comment about this post

You gotta like half of it at least and the Ducks have a little better history in the post-season than the Caps.
Scrap's gonna be mad I didn't pick the Avs :)

Pretty happy with the Pirri trade (can't believe how cheap it was), I imagine he will be playing with Rakell and Perry. He'll be given a chance on what is a hell of a #3 line.

Adds another RFA to the list but I think Pirri will be a good addition for this season and perhaps a good re-sign to replace a couple of the vet "show me" contracts.

Pretty happy with the Pirri trade (can't believe how cheap it was), I imagine he will be playing with Rakell and Perry. He'll be given a chance on what is a hell of a #3 line.

Adds another RFA to the list but I think Pirri will be a good addition for this season and perhaps a good re-sign to replace a couple of the vet "show me" contracts.

Don't forget about McGinn, brings even more physicality and can score.

Don't forget about McGinn, brings even more physicality and can score.

Yeah, I know nothing about him. Ducks will also be getting Stewart back from injury and Horcoff from his suspension.

Yeah, I know nothing about him. Ducks will also be getting Stewart back from injury and Horcoff from his suspension.

He's good, been a pleasant surprise here. And on that note the Ducks trade Maroon to the Oilers. Maroon and McGinn were interchangeable IMO.

Stempniak is a good pickup for Boston. Never gets much credit but is always solid.

Boston gave up a 2nd & 4th.

He was a Leaf once. Have always liked him. Guy who will never be amazing, but always solid.

Oh that place....so much.....speculation. The Leafs section is downright laughable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You gotta like half of it at least and the Ducks have a little better history in the post-season than the Caps.
Scrap's gonna be mad I didn't pick the Avs :)

Understatement. #BeefCakeRage.

One exciting thing about today is that the Leafs of the future (hopefully) will take to the ice tonight. Kind of excited about seeing a couple of them make their first starts against a fast TB team.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back