Nike Method Origin Putter Preview

Finally got to check these out at Roger Dunn. Definitely a little softer feeling than my 006 Rory. The shoulders look significantly bigger on the origin. Not a look I cared for. Whereas the 006 Rory was an exact copy of an 009 shape, the origin has a very similar shape, albeit not the same. Just didn't look quite right proportionately to my eye. Looks like my 006 Rory isn't going anywhere.

This putter seems to have gained little traction and it's a shame. I've yet to see one to put on a roll on it. Having been a big fan of the method putters for years, was hoping to see Nike do something with these. But then again it's par for the course for them. Introduce a product, throw up some killer images showing off tech, then leave it for dead.

I really like what see but haven't seen this out in about yet. I still game my Method putter and love it. Hoping to get me hands on one at some point.

This putter seems to have gained little traction and it's a shame. I've yet to see one to put on a roll on it. Having been a big fan of the method putters for years, was hoping to see Nike do something with these. But then again it's par for the course for them. Introduce a product, throw up some killer images showing off tech, then leave it for dead.

Same here buddy. IMO, some serious potential, squandered again by clueless and aimless marketing, or lackthereof.

So now that the price has dropped significantly, does this make these putters any more desirable given the tech that's similar to EVNROLL?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So now that the price has dropped significantly, does this make these putters any more desirable given the tech that's similar to EVNROLL?

I'll let you know in a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the tech similar to EVNRoll?

FWIW, I believe in similar tech, like EVNROLL that does something similar to dampen sweet spot contact. But if you read through the only press copy available right now, the technology is definitely not at the forefront, and if you read it fast, like most do online, its kind of buried.

JB...unless I read this wrong, you mentioned the tech being similar

It's similar in that there are some variable thickness grooves/rzn. But in my testing of both, they are not as effective. Nor does it feel as good IMO. I actually like the older Method feel better, but that could be because I rolled one for about 5 years.

JB...unless I read this wrong, you mentioned the tech being similar

It's similar in that there are some variable thickness grooves/rzn. But in my testing of both, they are not as effective. Nor does it feel as good IMO. I actually like the older Method feel better, but that could be because I rolled one for about 5 years.

Dean explained it better than I could. They both do have smoe variable thickness to the grooves, but the tech is a bit different when you look at both of them close up. Hope that makes sense.

Dean explained it better than I could. They both do have smoe variable thickness to the grooves, but the tech is a bit different when you look at both of them close up. Hope that makes sense.
It does, thanks for the quick feedback. I loved reading about the tech of the EVNroll but hadn't been able to test one out, and read about these and with them going on sale, I was tempted to try one out, but I might hold off for an EVNroll

It does, thanks for the quick feedback. I loved reading about the tech of the EVNroll but hadn't been able to test one out, and read about these and with them going on sale, I was tempted to try one out, but I might hold off for an EVNroll

If you do try, we look forward to your thoughts.

My putter showed up today.

Maybe I should use it tomorrow on our shag greens .

My putter showed up today.

Maybe I should use it tomorrow on our shag greens .

I think that's a smart decision.

Ordered a b2-01 today. Should have it Monday. Will post thoughts then.

Ordered a b2-01 today. Should have it Monday. Will post thoughts then.

Receiving tomorrow. Hope it's as good as I think it will be.

Received my B02-01 and upon unboxing here are a few thoughts

1.) there are entirely too many stickers on the club. There is the patented highlighter green sticker for a shaft band that says slight arc. For a premium putter I see that as gimmicky. Along with the shaft band there is a sticker for length, 2 barcode stickers, a Nike origin sticker, and another sticker showing that all parts were assembled in China. The entire shaft was covered with stickers

2.) the Lamkin grip is awesome. Feels great in hand and isn't too small like the Scotty pistol or too large like the matador. It's all black and isn't distracting. Good pairing there.

3.) the headcover is not magnetic and seems too small for the putter. While closed you can see the heel of the putter. Will see if the headcover gets broken in and fits better.

4.) the putter feels fantastic and rolls extremely well on the carpet. It has a nice clean look at address and I can't wait to get it on the course.

All in all for 149 dollars this putter is worth every penny. If you've been on the fence I would say at this price it is worth the experiment. They have all models available currently including the counter flex option for 149. Will post back when I get it on the course.

Received my B02-01 and upon unboxing here are a few thoughts

1.) there are entirely too many stickers on the club. There is the patented highlighter green sticker for a shaft band that says slight arc. For a premium putter I see that as gimmicky. Along with the shaft band there is a sticker for length, 2 barcode stickers, a Nike origin sticker, and another sticker showing that all parts were assembled in China. The entire shaft was covered with stickers

2.) the Lamkin grip is awesome. Feels great in hand and isn't too small like the Scotty pistol or too large like the matador. It's all black and isn't distracting. Good pairing there.

3.) the headcover is not magnetic and seems too small for the putter. While closed you can see the heel of the putter. Will see if the headcover gets broken in and fits better.

4.) the putter feels fantastic and rolls extremely well on the carpet. It has a nice clean look at address and I can't wait to get it on the course.

All in all for 149 dollars this putter is worth every penny. If you've been on the fence I would say at this price it is worth the experiment. They have all models available currently including the counter flex option for 149. Will post back when I get it on the course.

Got pics of all these stickers? Goo gone is your friend.

Back