Review Nippon MODUS3 Hybrid Shaft - G.O.S.T - THP Review

This and the Ventus HB are the two best hybrid shafts I’ve hit, ever. Truth.
How would you compare them?

I've been stuck on the Pro White, but this and Ventus are the two my eyes wander towards.

Since my fitting, I've been debating about re-shafting the irons (again) to modus 105s... Now I think I need this in my hybrids as well...

How would you compare them?

I've been stuck on the Pro White, but this and Ventus are the two my eyes wander towards.
Different beasts in that I swing the GOST and go, man that gives me the flight and dispersion of steel but without the harshness. With the Ventus it’s, wow that’s what o love about graphite but with stability and dispersion that I’ve never seen from a Graphite hybo shaft before.

ALSO! Holy hell it may be the ideal utility shaft 👀

I wish it was more affordable!
This is absolutely true, they’re priced high, but they’re also unlike anything we have seen. Hopefully, we see more opportunities for people to try them down the road. I think they’d blow some minds!

Love the idea of this in my GAPR Mid. I play the 105s in my irons and sometimes overpower the stock KBS shaft in the GAPR. Hmmm decisions decisions.

Love the idea of this in my GAPR Mid. I play the 105s in my irons and sometimes overpower the stock KBS shaft in the GAPR. Hmmm decisions decisions.
PRICEY upgrade, but it’s a fun one. If you like the MODUS shaft profile, you’d enjoy this a lot. The Tour Stiff is also quite stout.

looking to take the shaft from the 3H and put into a Cobra utility. Does anyone know if it's only butt cut that needs to be done? Any tip trimming? .370 model.

@Jman ?

@Jman I have a question. If you were going to swap this shaft from one club to another, can you just heat it up like a normal steel shaft or should you use a puller to remove it?

@Jman I have a question. If you were going to swap this shaft from one club to another, can you just heat it up like a normal steel shaft or should you use a puller to remove it?
You’d need to use a puller or you’d fray/ruin th graphite layer.

Just put this shaft in a 3 SIM UDI and I’m quite impressed.

I find it interesting that they don’t offer it in R flex being that it’s built off the Modus 105 profile and that comes in R flex. I got it in the standard stiff and I’m wondering if it’s a stiff (-) of sorts to compensate for not having a R option. Reason why I ask is I did notice that I occasionally would pull/hook it left.

Person at the range today had two hybrids both shafted with these. Hadn’t come across them in the wild until now.

Person at the range today had two hybrids both shafted with these. Hadn’t come across them in the wild until now.
Now that is very freaking cool.

Old thread but question about tipping. I can’t find anything on Nippons website.

Looking to use the GOST in a Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 24”. Is the GOST to be just straight into the adapter or is there a recommended tipping like other parallel shafts?

Old thread but question about tipping. I can’t find anything on Nippons website.

Looking to use the GOST in a Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 24”. Is the GOST to be just straight into the adapter or is there a recommended tipping like other parallel shafts?
No need to tip it. Just butt trim to length.

No need to tip it. Just butt trim to length.

GOST arrived today. What is the recommended way to prep the shaft? Normally for graphite I just remove the paint and steel I abrade the surface.

The GOST tip is different and curious what you recommend?

This is supposed to go into a Callaway hybrid adapter.

IMG_9902.jpegIMG_9903.jpeg

Thinking about this shaft..

What a bump. Hahaha

It’s one of my favorite hybrid shafts. But, I prefer my hybrids as iron replacements and not distance hounds, the profile and feel here lends to that.

What a bump. Hahaha

It’s one of my favorite hybrid shafts. But, I prefer my hybrids as iron replacements and not distance hounds, the profile and feel here lends to that.
So this one is good to hit a number, not straight yard grabs?

Back