NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

Keep me in the "Maybe" camp for now. Wife and I are going to be in Monterey the week before (literally made hotel reservations this AM before seeing this thread). She has shutdown the golf option so maybe I can come back the following weekend and join the crew.

If you can escape the weekend prior let me know! I'll be here :D

If you can escape the weekend prior let me know! I'll be here :D

Oh don't you worry, I have been angling like its my job! Might be a Monday morning round if it happens.

I'd gladly sacrifice that weekend to come back up and play with you gents.

Reporting live from Poppy Hills

332d464d625e7229adb08a7c401c509d.jpg

I should be out there instead of in this meeting right now.

Man, it's been like 8 years since I have played there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, it's been like 8 years since I have played there.

and it's been like NEVER since I've played there. Hope to see you there in March.

Wow, never played Poppy? You are in for one hell of a treat.

A shot from this past Saturday at Poppy, before the rain started. This is my approach on #3. I truly enjoy the new Poppy Hills, would be awesome to tee it up with THPers there.

Still in the maybe camp for both days. Kind of depends on when we're scheduled to take the trophy away from the SoCal guys. :alien:

I've never played any of the 3 courses and I know they would be a blast playing with THP'ers.

Well guys, I hate to pass on this fun outing but financially I can't. I'm buying a new Motorcycle today and I'll have my money tied up on it.
I will be following this thread though... wishing that I was out there hacking it with you all.
After our first meeting in October, I know you guys will continue the fun!
But don't count me out on other future get together's. As the famous T-800 once said, "I'll be back!"

Well guys, I hate to pass on this fun outing but financially I can't. I'm buying a new Motorcycle today and I'll have my money tied up on it.
I will be following this thread though... wishing that I was out there hacking it with you all.
But don't count me out on other future get together's. As the famous T-800 once said, "I'll be back!"

It's all good! What kind of bike did you get?

No worries man, even with an NCGA membership this will not be a cheap weekend of golf. Look forward to seeing you at the next one.

We could do a one day and 2 rounds? Just 18 each day? Just one round?

I'll be getting the 2016 KTM 500 EXC

I love that bike. If I had a choice of either golfing for a weekend or getting that bike it would be a no brainer. Heck I'd give up golf for a year... maybe LOL

I grew up doing one of 2 things every weekend. Riding dirt bikes or playing golf!

I should be able to make it one of the days

We could do a one day and 2 rounds? Just 18 each day? Just one round?

I am up for anything. Whatever the group decides is best, works for me.

I am up for anything. Whatever the group decides is best, works for me.

Same here especially if it means more people will play!

I am game to play 36 (at Bayonet & Blackhorse) Saturday and 18 @ Poppy Sunday, or less than that. We can do it however people want to, if there are others that want to play that much, and others that can make one 18 or 2, then we will make it fit.

As long as we know up front and can get tee times set up we are all good.

I'm not volunteering but I do think someone ought to reach out to the courses and see if the dates we chose are actually available.

That might help us start planning.

I'm not volunteering but I do think someone ought to reach out to the courses and see if the dates we chose are actually available.

That might help us start planning.

I'm all over it!

Alright, I'm going to make these tee times this weekend but I'm curious to know what you all think I should go with numbers-wise. I don't want to go too low or high so is 12 about right? I talked to the pro at Poppy Hills and they give a 'slight' discount for groups over 16 but I think the NCGA discount ends up being better. I still need to find out if something similar exists at Bayonet/BH. My main concern is getting the initial number right so we have some wiggle room should any changes need to be made. Let me know what you guys think!

Alright, I'm going to make these tee times this weekend but I'm curious to know what you all think I should go with numbers-wise. I don't want to go too low or high so is 12 about right? I talked to the pro at Poppy Hills and they give a 'slight' discount for groups over 16 but I think the NCGA discount ends up being better. I still need to find out if something similar exists at Bayonet/BH. My main concern is getting the initial number right so we have some wiggle room should any changes need to be made. Let me know what you guys think!

12 sounds like a solid number, I doubt we hit that.

12 sounds like a solid number, I doubt we hit that.

I already fired off a couple emails so I'll keep y'all posted. I'll lock down tee times as early as I can and we can adjust accordingly.

Back