NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

So after talking with the boss lady I'll be joining you guys one day. As it appears now, put me down for Sunday at Poppy. If you guys have players that want to play both days and need my spot, I'm happy to relinquish it.

Will be an early day, but I just need to hit the road by 5:30, get to the course by 8, hit a few and find that narrow fairway on #1!

Alright, I found out there's a tournament on Bayonet the weekend of 3/19-3/20 so the limited tee times on Black Horse are all that's available. I think we'll be better off going with one of the other courses we discussed these last few posts. Let me know what you guys think!

Unless people really want to play Bayo/BH and do this a different weekend, I am good with playing Poppy 3/20 and somewhere else Saturday. I don't know the courses there at all (played Poppy once) so I am willing to let those that know the courses and their quality/condition to pick out a spot for Saturday's round.

Unless people really want to play Bayo/BH and do this a different weekend, I am good with playing Poppy 3/20 and somewhere else Saturday. I don't know the courses there at all (played Poppy once) so I am willing to let those that know the courses and their quality/condition to pick out a spot for Saturday's round.

You read my mind, and I was just about to toss up another post. Bayo/BH are very nice, but some of the alternatives I mentioned are fun as well. If we want to stick with the courses we originally talked about, what are some other dates that work for your guys?

My feeling is, we have almost 2 foursomes for Poppy, with a few still in the possibly segment so I recommend we keep this weekend if that works for everybody. It is really hard to get this many people together as we all have lives, so I worry about changing dates now.

Maybe we get our stuff together and try to get a rematch on the Nor Cal/So Cal at Bayo/BH for later this year or back to Pismo if that fits better.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on this one.

My feeling is, we have almost 2 foursomes for Poppy, with a few still in the possibly segment so I recommend we keep this weekend if that works for everybody. It is really hard to get this many people together as we all have lives, so I worry about changing dates now.

Maybe we get our stuff together and try to get a rematch on the Nor Cal/So Cal at Bayo/BH for later this year or back to Pismo if that fits better.

Makes sense to me. I guess for now I'll work on securing a tee time at RC West so that way we'll at least have 36 holes planned.

As far as the NorCal/SoCal rematch goes, Pismo sounds good to me and I'll be there no matter what even if I'm not on the squad. I'm really just itching to tee it up with some THP'ers!

Off topic-Maybe we can get a rematch done late spring early summer. If we go with the Pismo area, I nominate Monarch Dunes and La Purisima.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree with Roger here. We've already got a weekend chosen and Poppy is set for Sunday. I think we should run with what's been planned so far.

And Josh, since you're up there and are doing the coordinating, I think you should just choose a course on Saturday that you've enjoyed playing, and book some tee times. It's golf in Monterey - I doubt we'll have a bad time. Then when the plans are made, people can weigh in on which day(s) they can attend, then we (you) adjust the tee times accordingly.

Yeah, I agree with Roger here. We've already got a weekend chosen and Poppy is set for Sunday. I think we should run with what's been planned so far.

And Josh, since you're up there and are doing the coordinating, I think you should just choose a course on Saturday that you've enjoyed playing, and book some tee times. It's golf in Monterey - I doubt we'll have a bad time. Then when the plans are made, people can weigh in on which day(s) they can attend, then we (you) adjust the tee times accordingly.

Will do, and on that note it's going to be either Rancho Canada West or Laguna Seca Golf Ranch. I've played the latter (it's a few miles from Bayo/BH, but in the hills) and it's a fun track. You hit the nail on the head too. Good times will definitely be had so it's really just a matter of getting the planning out of the way.

I am good to go for Poppy on Sunday 3/20

I checked Hotel Abrego due to the reduced rate for NCGA members, but they required multiple night stays (can't stay just Saturday).

I booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn Monterey for $236 total for Saturday night (parking is $15/car). I booked it as a 2 queen so if anybody wants to bunk up, let me know, otherwise I have no problem to room solo.

Glad to see Brian back in, haven't seen you in a while buddy!

Title has been changed Josh

I talked to one of the guys at Golf Mart I'm cool with, and he was telling me the conditions at Rancho Canada aren't all that great. While that may not be an issue in March, I'm going to go ahead and work on getting a tee time at Laguna Seca Golf Ranch.

So RadRob yanked me out of THP hibernation yesterday...

Glad to see you guys still trying to get together. Roger is right, the last year has been a crazy one for me. Been in the new house for a month now and I'm still not 100% sure how tight my finances will be with the new mortgage. With that being said, I still haven't gotten over to play Poppy since the re-do and I'd really like to. Plus, I wouldn't hate seeing you OG Nor Cal Crew members and meeting the newer ones. I don't want to say I'm a maybe or anything yet, but I'm thinking about Sunday...

Would love to have you brother! If you can make it come on over. Right now we have room for at least 4 more on Sunday at Poppy, so anybody that is on the fence know there is space.

Glad to see you guys still trying to get together. Roger is right, the last year has been a crazy one for me. Been in the new house for a month now and I'm still not 100% sure how tight my finances will be with the new mortgage. With that being said, I still haven't gotten over to play Poppy since the re-do and I'd really like to. Plus, I wouldn't hate seeing you OG Nor Cal Crew members and meeting the newer ones. I don't want to say I'm a maybe or anything yet, but I'm thinking about Sunday...

Alright, I just got off the phone with Laguna Seca and we're all set for 9 AM on Saturday. I told them it's tentatively for 12 so we can adjust as necessary.

Is Poppy still walkable? What about Laguna Seca?

Laguna Seca has a few hills, but is walkable. I haven't played Poppy yet, but I believe it is walkable as well!

I'll put you on the Poppy list as a maybe until you decide!

Good to see you check in Eddie! Glad the house is done and you guys are getting settled. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew in March!

Poppy is walkable in my opinion. Some holes with distance between green and tee from what I remember, but nothing terrible. I plan on walking to try and save a few bucks and get a little exercise in.

Poppy is walkable in my opinion. Some holes with distance between green and tee from what I remember, but nothing terrible. I plan on walking to try and save a few bucks and get a little exercise in.

I'm considering walking myself. I may have to get a cart in between now and then though!

Awesome! I'll bring my wheeler too, maybe we'll have a walking group or two. I've walked it before and its not too bad. The longest distance is between 9-10 and there is one or two other longer strolls, but most tee boxes are very close to the preceeding green.

Back