Northern California Get Together?

Pondering this very seriously. Checking in with my wife, my calendar and my budget and will try to make it a go.

Just wanted to pop in here and say that Poppy is in fantastic shape. It drizzled much of the round but she was a blast to play. Pared 8-13 to make up for a slow start.

Also, Carmel Valley Ranch was awesome. Greens were pristine and the back nine is crazy with its elevation gain. Definitely a good deal on GolfMoose.

Just wanted to pop in here and say that Poppy is in fantastic shape. It drizzled much of the round but she was a blast to play. Pared 8-13 to make up for a slow start.

Also, Carmel Valley Ranch was awesome. Greens were pristine and the back nine is crazy with its elevation gain. Definitely a good deal on GolfMoose.

Nice! I've heard it'd have to be a monsoon for Poppy Hills to actually retain water. I've heard nothing but good things about CVR, too. It's definitely on my 'to play' list!

GolfMoose? That's a new one. I know golfnow has like 1-2 hot deals during the week at CVR but I didn't pull the trigger. The course looked very nice and difficult in the pictures. After not having rain for so long it feels weird to not be out golfing right now. I just don't enjoy playing in these soggy and muddy conditions.

GolfMoose? That's a new one. I know golfnow has like 1-2 hot deals during the week at CVR but I didn't pull the trigger. The course looked very nice and difficult in the pictures. After not having rain for so long it feels weird to not be out golfing right now. I just don't enjoy playing in these soggy and muddy conditions.

I haven't used any of the GM promos but I get the emails and they're ridiculous deals. I'm with you on not enjoying soggy conditions! So much for those drought conditions

I haven't used any of the GM promos but I get the emails and they're ridiculous deals. I'm with you on not enjoying soggy conditions! So much for those drought conditions

Sounds like I'll have to check out that website. TBH there are too many of them now to keep up with haha. One other thing about these conditions is the ball doesn't go as far haha. No roll!!!!

Poppy still had roll, not as much as normal but there was only one instance where I claimed casual water. It was pretty cool to look down the drain in the middle and see all the pipes connecting and pouring water.

CVR was a different story, it was a bit soggy but not unplayable. Rough was thick and the greens were fast for as much water was around.

GolfMoose is awesome! 2 for 1 at CVR, teed off at 9am Sunday. I've used them multiple times and while some have restrictions, they are all a smoking deal.

Hunter Ranch @ 2 for $99 and San Juan Oaks 2 for $79. That is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter Ranch @ 2 for $99 and San Juan Oaks 2 for $79. That is cool.

Tim - Have you played San Juan Oaks before? What are your thoughts? It's been on my hit list but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Tim - Have you played San Juan Oaks before? What are your thoughts? It's been on my hit list but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Same, have wanted to play that track for a while. Interested in anyone's feedback.

Same, have wanted to play that track for a while. Interested in anyone's feedback.

Playing there is very serene. You are out in the middle of nowhere. No loud highways or noises to bug you. The course is fun and challenging. My only grip is that the bunkers are terrible, hard as a rock. Definitely worth checking out.

Playing there is very serene. You are out in the middle of nowhere. No loud highways or noises to bug you. The course is fun and challenging. My only grip is that the bunkers are terrible, hard as a rock. Definitely worth checking out.

I played it late last year(used GolfMoose) and it was perhaps the most miserable day of golf ever. Rain stopped on the way up and it was 20-30mph winds and freezing! I really found it to be a fun course and one that I would like to play when the conditions were better. I'd agree with ASN21, the bunkers were garbage. Its a shame, the course is a great track, it just wasn't in the best condition when I was there. I wonder how they keep it in the summer?

I played it late last year(used GolfMoose) and it was perhaps the most miserable day of golf ever. Rain stopped on the way up and it was 20-30mph winds and freezing! I really found it to be a fun course and one that I would like to play when the conditions were better. I'd agree with ASN21, the bunkers were garbage. Its a shame, the course is a great track, it just wasn't in the best condition when I was there. I wonder how they keep it in the summer?

It does get pretty windy there, I can't remember when I played last year but the course seemed to be in pretty good condition. Better condition than some of the local courses I play. I honestly just enjoyed my round because there was barely anyone there and I hadn't had a round that serene before lol.

I have been wanting to play there for a while. Too many great courses in that area. Wished I lived a little closer.

I have been wanting to play there for a while. Too many great courses in that area. Wished I lived a little closer.

We gotta get you out to Half Moon Bay first. Now that course(s) are unbelievable.

We gotta get you out to Half Moon Bay first. Now that course(s) are unbelievable.

Hmmm, I may add HMB to the potential anniversary locations list!

Hmmm, I may add HMB to the potential anniversary locations list!

Do it! Go eat at Pasta Moon, my favorite restaurant. I love Half Moon Bay.

Do it! Go eat at Pasta Moon, my favorite restaurant. I love Half Moon Bay.

Are there any hotels up there that aren't priced exclusively for high society?

Are there any hotels up there that aren't priced exclusively for high society?

That I'm not sure of haha. But hey it's your anniversary so splurge a little bit if you can.

Anyone ever wants to meet up and play Half Moon Bay, let me know. I would even do on a weekday.

You guys have way more fun up there than us SoCal folks. Maybe I need to move...

You guys have way more fun up there than us SoCal folks. Maybe I need to move...

No way man, I would love to be in SoCal. El Nino has been a real pain in the ass since I've been back in the area!

Not sure about that. Lately we have talked more about playing than actually playing.

I am still planning on a trip to Bayonet/Black Horse in March. Last count we had 6 peeps, so hopefully we can get a couple more added in, have 2 foursomes and get things firmed up.

Uh yeah, stop working on your tan bro. Everyone knows there are better golf courses in NorCal!

Uh yeah, stop working on your tan bro. Everyone knows there are better golf courses in NorCal!

I love it up there but I just don't want to be surrounded by Giants/Sharks fans. They're buncha weirdos!

Back