Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

That is awesome and exactly what I believe Odyssey was hoping some golfers would see. The Stroke Enhancing Tech has most likely helped you have a more consistent stroke, which leads to more consistent results on those 10' putts. Hopefully that success continues for you!

I sure hope it continues. The biggest thing for me is that those three footers which used to be knee knockers are not anymore. On a 10' putt, I feel like I've got a great chance to make it now whereas before there was no way. This club has definitely helped my stroke in a huge way.

I predict by this time tomorrow there is going to be several THPers (8) in here talking about all the great putts they made with these putters today. Looking forward to it.

I will probably take mine to Austad's tomorrow to have them bend it a little flatter and get a new grip put on. I might as well do it now since the weather looks terrible for the next week or so and the courses are already soaked.

Last edited:
I will probably take mine to Austad's tomorrow to have them bend mine a little flatter and get a new grip put on. I might as well do it now since the weather looks terrible for the next week or so and the courses are already soaked.

Uggghhhh. Stupid weather.

Uggghhhh. Stupid weather.

Yes it sucks. I played 9 at Central Valley on Wednesday and it was in terrible condition.

The idea that 8 THPers could sit opposite the creator of all Odyssey putters, the President of Odyssey Golf, the person I charge of bringing them to market, etc (those are multiple people) be handed a Stroke Lab and get so much more is just awesome.

This weekend is ridiculous in the knowledge area.

The idea that 8 THPers could sit opposite the creator of all Odyssey putters, the President of Odyssey Golf, the person I charge of bringing them to market, etc (those are multiple people) be handed a Stroke Lab and get so much more is just awesome.

That is one killer experience for sure!

I can only imagine! Those guys are having a blast I bet!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brought my Seven S in to get it bent flat. I felt like the putter was a little longer than I ordered so I decided to check. It's 34" and I ordered 33.5". They want to cut it a 1/2" and assured me that Odyssey wouldn't adjust it for swing weight if they sent it back to be cut.

I’m mire than a little jealous of those guys this weekend! So much fun and knowledge out there!

Brought my Seven S in to get it bent flat. I felt like the putter was a little longer than I ordered so I decided to check. It's 34" and I ordered 33.5". They want to cut it a 1/2" and assured me that Odyssey wouldn't adjust it for swing weight if they sent it back to be cut.

I guess I was measuring it wrong and it was more of a 1/4" as Odyssey doesn't account for the top piece of the grip in their measurement. Anyway, I left the length the same and had it bent 1* flat. I tried to find a new grip but the 2 I like (SNSR Contour Pro, Traxion Pistol GT 1.0) are really heavy.

Last edited:
Is the pistol grip 65 or 75 grams? I was told the grip is made by Winn and it looks like the midsize Dritac pistol grip that weighs 75 grams.

Last edited:
I gather the SL grip weighs 40g and there is then a 30g weight at the butt end of the grip.

I can only imagine! Those guys are having a blast I bet!

It has been an absolute blast. SO much knowledge on the putting side that it’s hard to absorb it all.

And the guys I am playing with are not all that bad . Great group here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gather the SL grip weighs 40g and there is then a 30g weight at the butt end of the grip.
Actually, I think it's 75g with a 30g weight in the butt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Total weight in the grip end is 105 including the weight and the grip. Weights are different depending on the grip.

It is beyond ridiculous! Those guys are so open and honest with us about all aspects of their business. It truly has been an amazing trip. The putter set up for me was a tremendous help from hole one yesterday. Slight adjustments paid huge for me. This absolutely will help my golf game for as long as I play.

It has been an absolute blast. SO much knowledge on the putting side that it’s hard to absorb it all.

And the guys I am playing with are not all that bad . Great group here.

Glad you're having fun man! Soak it in! Callaway guys are the best in the business!

Is the pistol grip 65 or 75 grams? I was told the grip is made by Winn and it looks like the midsize Dritac pistol grip that weighs 75 grams.

The pistol grip is 75g. I was surprised since it's smaller than the oversized grip but it's made of heavier material (rubber) than the oversized grip.

Actually, I think it's 75g with a 30g weight in the butt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Actually just broke this down in the homepage article that went up this past week....

Grip is 10g lighter than in the past and the weight is 40g, making for 30g more in the butt of the putter while 10g was added to the head as well.

And....

Total weight in the grip end is 105 including the weight and the grip. Weights are different depending on the grip.

Nailed it!

The pistol grip is 75g. I was surprised since it's smaller than the oversized grip but it's made of heavier material (rubber) than the oversized grip.

That makes sense. So anything within 10 grams up or down should be fine. That gives me a ton of options including the SS Traxion Pistol GT line that I like.

That makes sense. So anything within 10 grams up or down should be fine. That gives me a ton of options including the SS Traxion Pistol GT line that I like.

Yep, as long as you stay between 100-110 grams in total weight for the grip you will be fine. Stock it comes at 105 grams.

I’m not currently using this putter. However 2 events where these were involved and THPers are making more putts than I have seen in the past. Hard for me to ignore.

I’m not currently using this putter. However 2 events where these were involved and THPers are making more putts than I have seen in the past. Hard for me to ignore.

Really cool to see others having the same experience - there’s absolutely something to the tech and I’ve been making midrange putts at a rate well above previous seasons.

Can’t wait to hear the long term feedback from all the folks at that event.

The thing I took away from my review, though the headstyle or fit may not have been ideal for me, there was no denying there is a LOT here to like. It just works.

Back