Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

After two more morning 9s over the past 3 weeks I’ve come to the conclusion that the stroke lab tech puts the weight in my hands so I don’t feel like I have to strangle the putter to retain control during my stroke. Loving the exo 7 mini and SL tuttle without any problems to report on the greens.

The event thread and this weekend is one of my favorites all year. Luke and Sean and Austie and Tony are absolutely unfiltered and it’s just awesome to have THPers get the real knowledge about putters and putting. I’m excited for those following along and for them to share that with the rest of the forum.

The thing I took away from my review, though the headstyle or fit may not have been ideal for me, there was no denying there is a LOT here to like. It just works.

This is so true. Many of us have discussed how hard it is to describe the feel but the results for many of us are proving that it simply works.

My brother picked up a SL One and had putted better than he has in years. He's a scratch player and the last couple of years has struggled with a couple different putters he's gamed. He put the SL in the bag and his putting instantly got better.

This is so true. Many of us have discussed how hard it is to describe the feel but the results for many of us are proving that it simply works.

My brother picked up a SL One and had putted better than he has in years. He's a scratch player and the last couple of years has struggled with a couple different putters he's gamed. He put the SL in the bag and his putting instantly got better.

I truly wish I could get this DW extended.

My dad and I were on the practice green Wednesday and he mentioned that I was lag putting better as everything was close and a few dropped in.

I’m with the person that created it. He says 75 gram grip and 30 gram butt weight for a combo of 105 grams.

I didn’t read the link, but if they are saying it’s a 45 gram grip it is incorrect.

And he said you don’t want to deviate anymore than 5 grams over the 105 total as that will start to mess with the balance design.

Because I’d rather not have to go buy one when I have one here.

I understand that, but you must have said it on here twenty times, so the logical thing to do would be to sell it and buy one the right length, wouldn’t it?

I understand that, but you must have said it on here twenty times, so the logical thing to do would be to sell it and buy one the right length, wouldn’t it?

It’s a review club, I’m much more likely to give it to one of my high school golfers.

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

I’ll continue to say it, I’m not a fan of the stock grips. I get it, as it was said it had to do with the overall production costs as odyssey is making this grip in house for these, and the stroke lab shaft costs more to produce. Business decision and that’s just fine. Most people out there literally couldn’t care less outside of us on the lunatic fringe.

However, when you get the right grip on here that can work for you, this lineup is incredible. I have the Toulon deep etch lamkin on mine, and it changed the entire feel of this putter for me. The balance is obviously still there, but the entire feel of it just improved insanely. I picked up a few of the other SL’s they had there to test with stock grips, and just personally I didn’t care much for them. Easy enough to get a grip the right weight and switch out though.

On the flip side, some of the others at the event really liked the stock grips, so this is going to be just a personal preference.

As for the performance, once you get that feel down, there is no denying. The SL weight distribution just seems to really help maintain a consistent stroke while putting, and the way some guys were putting this weekend, there is no denying that it was working.

I can’t wait to get back out and play now to use this putter, and I even carpet putted a bit when getting to my hotel. More thoughts to come as I get more time with it this season

I’ll continue to say it, I’m not a fan of the stock grips. I get it, as it was said it had to do with the overall production costs as odyssey is making this grip in house for these, and the stroke lab shaft costs more to produce. Business decision and that’s just fine. Most people out there literally could care less outside of us on the lunatic fringe.

However, when you get the right grip on here that can work for you, this lineup is incredible. I have the Toulon deep etch lamkin on mine, and it changed the entire feel of this putter for me. The balance is obviously still there, but the entire feel of it just improved insanely. I picked up a few of the other SL’s they had there to test with stock grips, and just personally I didn’t care much for them. Easy enough to get a grip the right weight and switch out though.

On the flip side, some of the others at the event really liked the stock grips, so this is going to be just a personal preference.

As for the performance, once you get that feel down, there is no denying. The SL weight distribution just seems to really help maintain a consistent stroke while putting, and the way some guys were putting this weekend, there is no denying that it was working.

I can’t wait to get back out and play now to use this putter, and I even carpet putted a bit when getting to my hotel. More thoughts to come as I get more time with it this season

Love this post.

it’s pretty impressive that such a new concept has caught on so quickly and made such a marked improvement for lots of different types of golfers.

i’m debating whether to buy one of these before the grandaddy. as good as everyone says it is, i want in on all the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll continue to say it, I’m not a fan of the stock grips. I get it, as it was said it had to do with the overall production costs as odyssey is making this grip in house for these, and the stroke lab shaft costs more to produce. Business decision and that’s just fine. Most people out there literally couldn’t care less outside of us on the lunatic fringe.

Great stuff here and all weekend. Totally with you. I switched to a super stroke grip that was within 2-3 grams of the stock grip on my exo and it works flawlessly. These things straight up work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not currently using this putter. However 2 events where these were involved and THPers are making more putts than I have seen in the past. Hard for me to ignore.

I have enjoyed my now 10 rounds with it, really great. But ask @cpaulsell who hadn’t played since November (Michigan had a rough winter I guess) and was draining dang near everything. He would miss a putt 2” short and be telling us how it was so terrible... yeah I hate tap ins too.

it’s pretty impressive that such a new concept has caught on so quickly and made such a marked improvement for lots of different types of golfers.

i’m debating whether to buy one of these before the grandaddy. as good as everyone says it is, i want in on all the fun!

Which one are you thinking about?

I would get on the train now, get used to it.

If the Chicago is imminent, I’m not sure I can wait until December...

I have enjoyed my now 10 rounds with it, really great. But ask @cpaulsell who hadn’t played since November (Michigan had a rough winter I guess) and was draining dang near everything. He would miss a putt 2” short and be telling us how it was so terrible... yeah I hate tap ins too.
Haha! I am sold on it. I was a Scotty guy...never thought I would leave a Newport 2. But these odyssey mallets are legit. I was paired with The Marxman S 35 with oversized grip. I've never made as many 10-30 footers in a weekend as I did this trip. I must have gained 3-5 strokes each day compared to what I normally have done on the greens. Cant wait to use it all summer and report back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m not currently using this putter. However 2 events where these were involved and THPers are making more putts than I have seen in the past. Hard for me to ignore.

I could see you in a Las Vegas

Because I’d rather not have to go buy one when I have one here.

Call odyssey directly and see if, for a price, they’ll reshaft yours. Couldn’t hurt to reach out and ask right? I mean they prefer customers call and send them back for regrips so this could count as a regrip

Want to roll a SL tuttle for a bit? If so, you have the number already. Just let me know.

Which one are you thinking about?

odyssey tuttle or 2-ball

toulon atlanta or las vegas

Back