Odyssey Triple Track Putters

Hrmmmmmm. Very interesting. If it Makes more putts, I’d put it in the bag. Very cool idea to expand TT.

Not sure about the look but I would like to give one a try and see how it helps my aim.

I like it! I like the TT technology on the golf balls and think it's a smart move on Odyssey's part to implement it in their putter line! A BoP with TTT would be a hard ponder!?

Of late, I’ve played only milled blade putters. I need toe hang, and I prefer the sleek look that my past blades have provided. But I’m not nearly as good of a putter as I wish I was, and with the opportunity to get fitted for a new putter by Luke Williams, I was going to test out some mallets and their higher MOI.

Thankfully, before the Grandaddy, Callaway released the Stroke Lab Black Ten, featuring a firmer “Microhinge Star” insert. I was immediately drawn to the shape and had my heart was pretty set on one.

During my fitting, I spent roughly 20 minutes rolling the Black Ten S. And I loved it. The insert feels fantastic and puts, as you’d expect with an Odyssey insert, a heck of a roll on the ball. But something was missing: my putts. I was burning edge after edge.

Then I picked up the Triple Track Ten S (shown below). And I started draining EVERYTHING. Center cup.

fullsizeoutput_3e8.jpeg

Same putter with one difference: the alignment aid. Thus, I assumed I simply aimed the TT Ten better than the Black Ten. And my fitting confirmed that assumption.

As we learned, if you aim more than 1* left or right of center cup, you are missing the cup from 10 feet (assuming no “correction” in your stroke). With the TT Ten, my aim was pretty darn good: only 0.25” left of dead center.

While the TT putters may be best used with a TT ball, I love my Truvis balls, and I plan to stick with them. But because the alignment aid helps me better square the putter to the line, I’m confident my TT Ten will improve my aim throughout the season, leading to more made putts.

I love my TT Ten but, admittedly, I did not initially love the look. Part of my initial reaction may have been due to an early release photo that looked like the TT aid was handdrawn on. But the aid itself is really well done. Each line is painted into a groove on the top of the surface. The photo below shows those recessed grooves:

fullsizeoutput_3df.jpeg

The TT Ten comes with the same stock Stroke Lab grip options, but in patriotic colors:

fullsizeoutput_3e9.jpeg

The slant necks, as I received, automatically come with the pistol grip; whereas, the double bends come standard with the larger grips.

I really love the red/white/blue color scheme, which also appears on the engine-looking underside as well as in the headcover:

fullsizeoutput_3ea.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3eb.jpeg

Of all the clubs I received from The Grandaddy, this is my second favorite, because I believe it will be a game changer for me on the greens. And perhaps the most telling support for the TT Ten’s performance is that most of the Zoo Crew team was gaming one too, including my guy Pete, who was draining putts left and right.

Despite my love for milled blades, I am committed to gaming this putter all year long, and I’ll be sure to regularly update the forum with my thoughts.

I wish I had take a video while we were there, but as @JB mentioned, part of the fitting process was to have the guys line up putts where they felt they were lined up properly, then the laser was introduced showing how far off line they really were. @Luke WilliamsCG & @TonyToulon helped them make the adjustments with this putter and then once they were lined up again, introduced the laser and the guys were lined up at the hole or pretty damn close.

I'll check and see if the Grandaddy participants have some still pictures to share, because it will help tell this story way more effectively than I can. More than likely you'll start seeing those results when the reviews come in later this morning.

We have a photo in the Team repository, and if it doesn't get posted later today, I'll put it in here. From the laser fitting, and Luke's presentation, I learned how bad most golfers are at aiming, and how significant that can be--just one+ degree off at 10 feet, and you're missing the cup. ?

Question on that- was the ball also aligned to the target, whether by triple track or the alignment mark?

If I remember correctly, Luke had us roll a few. Then line up just the putter--no ball--and he checked alignment with the laser. FWIW, I haven't used this with a Triple Track ball yet, but I'm still seeing a noticeable improvement thus far. I'll definitely give the TT ball a try, though, because I know several of my teammates will swear by it.

Welp they sure aren't winning any beauty pagents that's for sure. Whether it helps you make more putts or not will be up to the individual. Will be interesting to see if any touring pros put them in the bag.

If I was a triple track ball user I'd be all over these, and I love seeing the 2 ball blade model back in the lineup!

Maybe if it was an all white head? I dunno. I never liked the tt balls to begin with, so that probably doesn't help.

I like the idea however I don't see myself gaming it.

I think with these, they're definitely a see-in-person type of putter. Pictures don't really do them justice.

I’ll be reviewing the 2-ball version for the Homepage, will have thoughts and feedback aplenty when I get home.

Also some fun quips from Sean Toulon on the R&D that went into these ;):p

I think with these, they're definitely a see-in-person type of putter. Pictures don't really do them justice.

I agree with this, taking a look at the pics I’m not sure I’m a fan, but my tune will probably change once I see and hold them in person and roll them a bit.

My biggest takeaway was that the Triple Track wasn't some sticker they slapped on top. Just like everything else, I was well done, and the finish shows.

Explain the blue lines. What makes this so different than a thick white stripe?

I will say, the headcover and grip is a little much imo, but, I know there will be fans of them.

As someone who uses the putter to line up, these could be a game changer. However visually I hate them and love them at the same time haha. That 2 ball blade making a comeback though....

Explain the blue lines. What makes this so different than a thick white stripe?
Look up Vernier Hyper Acuity.

The science is very real.

I will say, the headcover and grip is a little much imo, but, I know there will be fans of them.
I like the grip (hello red white and blue), however I agree about the headcover. That part wouldn't bother me since I don't think I've used a stock cover in a looooong time. But, I do agree.

I have a work meeting I'm about to walk into, but when I get out I'm going to post my multi-part review with pics and videos.

And just so we are all on the same page, I am absolutely 100,000% in love with this putter. And I will defend its honor fervently and aggressively. So come at me bro!!!

Would be definitely a huge visual adjustment for me and a lot of others. I would definitely love to give it a try and can see where it could be a huge alignment benefit when combined with the TT ball.

I'm also interested in why these are actually cheaper than the standard SL black? It seems to be the exact same putter apart from the alignment area, which I would have thought that would make them more expensive. Was there a thought here that it is so bold they would do better if sold cheaper? Sorry if that was a skim.

I am a fan of triple track and had my old putter refinished last summer using TT as inspiration. If I ever fall out of love with my EXO Marksman, I will try my restored putter first, but I will definitely be trying these out at some point. Lots of tech in a modern odyssey mallet than is in my old putter from the 90’s. My refinished odyssey 990 putter:
E9F98CF4-AA49-4240-922B-BBC2D4BC054F.jpeg

I'm also interested in why these are actually cheaper than the standard SL black? It seems to be the exact same putter apart from the alignment area, which I would have thought that would make them more expensive. Was there a thought here that it is so bold they would do better if sold cheaper? Sorry if that was a skim.

i pretty positive it’s the finish between the two lines.

Back