Odyssey Triple Track Putters

I’m not sure what inside information you have, but all I can go off of were meetings and presentations given to us by the marketing group and a round table discussion with people across all product lines.

back to the TT putter, there will be detractors, but hopefully those interested or at least on the fence go try them and make an in hand informed decision

Completely agree. I think these will peak interest.

These putters have certainly piqued my interest. I am not a good putter by any means, so anything that can help me get lined up evern just a little bit better will likely help me shave some strokes off my score.

See my eyes suck because I see two (1st and last) that are lined up right and the middle obviously is not

Or maybe 3rd is a little off center?
I had to remove my glasses as the Rx was really bothering me with my glasses on. I found it was better to just use the putter TT and turn the ball lines away to just the white side.

I saw a video about this triple track, two ball putter being used with a triple track ball. I have to say this is the first thing in many years that perked up my interest in a new golf product.

So yesterday I went to the local golf store and gave this putter, and ball a try. Even though I had to buy a sleeve of the triple track balls, they let me demo the putter for free.

I have to say, that if I were seriously in the market for a putter/ball combo, I would probably buy this putter, to use with the triple track balls.

I am all about picking the right line, and hitting a straight putt on that line. This club/ball combo would make that much easier.

Obviously the visual read of the green would have to be correct to make this combo work, but I think even with a wrong read, the golfer would see their putting improve.

I definitely understand some of the initial reactions to the photos. I was still reluctant when I first had one in hand. And I badly wanted a Black Ten, because I think it’s one of the best looking mallets ever. But when I tried both, and the TT worked better for me, I was sold. And it’s amazing how the look of a putter really grows on you when you’re dropping putts. :) I seriously now think it looks great!

I’m not sure what inside information you have, but all I can go off of were meetings and presentations given to us by the marketing group and a round table discussion with people across all product lines.

back to the TT putter, there will be detractors, but hopefully those interested or at least on the fence go try them and make an in hand informed decision
Any idea if stores should have them now or we have to wait until the 30th?

These look awfully busy in some of the pictures I've seen so far, but reserving judgement until I see them myself. Think this will benefit some shapes more than others but I get the idea here for sure.

GD guys (possible skim alert), do any of you play non TT golf balls? Still seeing the benefit of this with regular golf balls?

Not in stores for about another week from my understanding.

many guess is they might have some. Even with PAR not until the 30th, But with the PGA Show next week I’d venture to guess they are in but maybe not displayed yet.

See my eyes suck because I see two (1st and last) that are lined up right and the middle obviously is not

Or maybe 3rd is a little off center?

You see it correct...which is the benefit of the TT on ball and puTTer. Even with your bad eyes! Haha

1st is spot on.
2nd the putter is aimed open.
3rd the putter is aimed slightly closed.

I am a fan of triple track and had my old putter refinished last summer using TT as inspiration. If I ever fall out of love with my EXO Marksman, I will try my restored putter first, but I will definitely be trying these out at some point. Lots of tech in a modern odyssey mallet than is in my old putter from the 90’s. My refinished odyssey 990 putter:
View attachment 8922992
Here are some pics of the puTTer lined up behind the ball. One is lined up perfect and the other two...not so much...it’s so easy to tell when the puTTer is behind the ball.
View attachment 8923031View attachment 8923032View attachment 8923033

Oh gosh darn it. Now that I see it in action, I have a hard time not seeing the alignment.

Are you putting on a door?

The first one isn't bad, 2nd is way off and 3rd looks great to me

It’s the new latest PuttOut training mat! Haha

Not a door...I set it up on the breakfast table...easier to take the picture.

Ok, maybe this tech isn’t for you...last one is slightly closed and 1st one is spot on. Go look again and tell me what you think?

Well freaking done all! Blown away by these reviews and details. It seems like these are legit and love the fact that y'all have found a putter that gives you confidence on the greens and y'all are making the putts! 4* off on alignment @McLovin ? Gonna have to renegotiate strokes on our next round sir! (cheater) LOL & you sir @j_sizzle9 just hanging around taking money off your pro dropping those daggers to their hearts on the greens. LOVE IT BOYS!!!!!!!

It’s the new latest PuttOut training mat! Haha

Not a door...I set it up on the breakfast table...easier to take the picture.

Ok, maybe this tech isn’t for you...last one is slightly closed and 1st one is spot on. Go look again and tell me what you think?
First one looks slightly open to me and last looks spot on. Am I broken?

I'm sure that I'll probably take a few putts with it, but first observation it's just too busy for me and I'll have other things to worry about rather than point and shoot.

Of late, I’ve played only milled blade putters. I need toe hang, and I prefer the sleek look that my past blades have provided. But I’m not nearly as good of a putter as I wish I was, and with the opportunity to get fitted for a new putter by Luke Williams, I was going to test out some mallets and their higher MOI.

Thankfully, before the Grandaddy, Callaway released the Stroke Lab Black Ten, featuring a firmer “Microhinge Star” insert. I was immediately drawn to the shape and had my heart was pretty set on one.

During my fitting, I spent roughly 20 minutes rolling the Black Ten S. And I loved it. The insert feels fantastic and puts, as you’d expect with an Odyssey insert, a heck of a roll on the ball. But something was missing: my putts. I was burning edge after edge.

Then I picked up the Triple Track Ten S (shown below). And I started draining EVERYTHING. Center cup.

View attachment 8922973

Same putter with one difference: the alignment aid. Thus, I assumed I simply aimed the TT Ten better than the Black Ten. And my fitting confirmed that assumption.

As we learned, if you aim more than 1* left or right of center cup, you are missing the cup from 10 feet (assuming no “correction” in your stroke). With the TT Ten, my aim was pretty darn good: only 0.25” left of dead center.

While the TT putters may be best used with a TT ball, I love my Truvis balls, and I plan to stick with them. But because the alignment aid helps me better square the putter to the line, I’m confident my TT Ten will improve my aim throughout the season, leading to more made putts.

I love my TT Ten but, admittedly, I did not initially love the look. Part of my initial reaction may have been due to an early release photo that looked like the TT aid was handdrawn on. But the aid itself is really well done. Each line is painted into a groove on the top of the surface. The photo below shows those recessed grooves:

View attachment 8922975

The TT Ten comes with the same stock Stroke Lab grip options, but in patriotic colors:

View attachment 8922976

The slant necks, as I received, automatically come with the pistol grip; whereas, the double bends come standard with the larger grips.

I really love the red/white/blue color scheme, which also appears on the engine-looking underside as well as in the headcover:

View attachment 8922977

View attachment 8922978

Of all the clubs I received from The Grandaddy, this is my second favorite, because I believe it will be a game changer for me on the greens. And perhaps the most telling support for the TT Ten’s performance is that most of the Zoo Crew team was gaming one too, including my guy Pete, who was draining putts left and right.

Despite my love for milled blades, I am committed to gaming this putter all year long, and I’ll be sure to regularly update the forum with my thoughts.
Great review @JMB3
I can see one of these in my near future. (y)

Why do I find myself wanting another putter after reading this thread?

First one looks slightly open to me and last looks spot on. Am I broken?

I think you are broken. I just took out a straight edge and held in pics and I’m pretty sure I’m right! Haha

What do you think now?E6F3ED87-F382-4EC7-A615-57AF41E93029.pngFF3C7DD9-D47D-4704-98AC-2E713F180D3D.png525B636A-9867-43D1-B990-88AF324EC1F1.png

Last edited:
I've never used the TT ball, don't like too much on the Golf Ball. Same can be said for the Putter. I don't like the TT on a putter. It's nice to have the option for those who do like it or sink more putts with it, enjoy.

Love TT on the golf ball and my first look at the putter pics last night I wasn't a fan but after reading this thread it sounds like your giving away strokes if you don't try the Triple Track Ten.

I've never used the TT ball, don't like too much on the Golf Ball. Same can be said for the Putter. I don't like the TT on a putter. It's nice to have the option for those who do like it or sink more putts with it, enjoy.

Any reason In particular or just not a fan of the look?

If you knew, without a doubt, that by using the tech you be aligned correctly more often then would you consider giving it a try?

Back