Odyssey Works Putters Preview

I am firmly in the minority here with these, and thats perfectly cool. But the versa scheme to me just looks...not well done. Love the face tech as I still adore the OG MX insert, but I can't get over the rest of the package.

I don't think you are my friend... I think the Versa concept is terribly lacking, but I'm willing to overlook it to get one of these #1 wides in hand and put a decent roll on the ball.

If the tech is the same that I experienced from KC720's putter face in October, I'm 100% prepared to overlook versa.

I am firmly in the minority here with these, and thats perfectly cool. But the versa scheme to me just looks...not well done. Love the face tech as I still adore the OG MX insert, but I can't get over the rest of the package.

I'm with you - and I am an Odyssey homer.

I wish there was a standard finish and a Versa finish option. Might have to wait for the Milled Collection versions to come down in price.

Would I be wrong in assuming Odyssey will probably release a few other looks with the same insert throughout the year?

Looks like they have a black shaft option too for an extra $20

I am with you. You know how I feel about the versa looks. The face tech sounds like something I'd like. I just wish they had one that looks like the Metal X #6, without the versa paint job to it. To me the best looking part of this line is the headcover.

They should have done what they did with the previous line. MXM & MXM-V. So have Works & Works Versa.

I too am not a fan of the Versa alignment. Nothing against it. It just doesn't work for me.

I just hope they make the Superstroke Odyssey grips available on their site to be sold separately. I mean if I find a great deal at Golftown and I want to upgrade it to a factory SS I'd like that option.

At first I thought the little lines on the back fangs would be distracting, I'm not thinking so as much now seeing the on green pics!

I do like the silver/black Versa alignments better than the white/black or black/whites of the Versa line, and I'm ok with the way they did the 2-Ball Fang, but I would be happier without the Versa overall.

I guess I'm not as turned off by the Versa alignment as others. The reason I never really loved the previous Versa line was because of lack of sightlines, particularly on the 1W. I think they nailed it on the OW line, but again that's just my two cents. I'm pretty confident that a 2-ball Fang will be in my possession very soon.

Haven't seen any of the Tank Cruiser SS grips available anywhere except occasionally on eBay so I'd be surprised if they changed direction and offered the Odyssey grips as one-off's online.

I understand what you are saying. But the Tank was not offered with any optional grips. Just the SS.

I don't think you are my friend... I think the Versa concept is terribly lacking, but I'm willing to overlook it to get one of these #1 wides in hand and put a decent roll on the ball.

If the tech is the same that I experienced from KC720's putter face in October, I'm 100% prepared to overlook versa.
When I rolled these in California, Kang's putter was the first thing that came to mind. I'm not sure if they are exactly the same, but I loved the roll Kang's putter put on the ball (birdieball) and I think I liked the roll these put on the ball even more (outside on grass--maybe that's the difference).

Also, the Rossie has always been my favorite headshape, but I don't know how I feel about it being a Tank version of the putter. Cutting it down from 35" Tank to 33.5" probably defeats the purpose of how it was designed, right....?

The 1w has my eye too. I used to l9ve plummers neck but I am liking the single bend shaft a lot right now

I do like the silver/black Versa alignments better than the white/black or black/whites of the Versa line, and I'm ok with the way they did the 2-Ball Fang, but I would be happier without the Versa overall.

This is exactly how I feel Donne. The white/black is just to drastic and jarring to my eye. The silver/black is at least "muted". Would prefer the whole line without the versa though.

I'm so close to doing something foolish and pulling the trigger on one of these before actually rolling one first. Christmas golfsmith giftcard burning a hole in my pocket...

And agree with the above couple posts...think the silver/black looks much better than the white/black. Though I also agree, if i had my preference I'd choose no versa...though it's not a game breaker for me.

I'm diging the 2-ball fang. I don't know why...but I am

for those of you interested in what a non versa would look like with this new rx fusion insert.
$_57.JPG

I'm not entirely sold on these, but the grip on the Tank versions might be enough to add a 1W or #7 to the collection

While I could leave the Versa pattern, I think those look pretty sweet in the sunlight. If it rolls the ball better than my TD Black, I'll likely have a #1W.

I'm loving the look so far, can't wait to give it a roll in person!

It is defiantly on my list Kyle, even more so now. Let me know how it works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought the little lines on the back fangs would be distracting, I'm not thinking so as much now seeing the on green pics!

I've always thought that head shape made sense for the transition between black and white/grey...

Wish they'd left it on this one and not extended to the bladed models.

I'm not entirely sold on these, but the grip on the Tank versions might be enough to add a 1W or #7 to the collection

I love that blue. Looks simply amazing. And the combination of insert and counter-balancing has me really intrigued. I never really messed around with counter-balancing because it wasn't what I was rolling leading up to #THPMC, but the price point on these is really solid. Like you, the 1-Wide Tank may well make its way into the bag, probably at 35".

I need another putter like a hole in the head but I am in heavy ponder mode right now thanks the the Global Golf trade in deal.

I need another putter like a hole in the head but I am in heavy ponder mode right now thanks the the Global Golf trade in deal.

Was thinking the exact same thing my friend. The price is right.

Back