Odyssey Works Putters Preview

Does anyone have a #9. I love the #9 and could certainly add another to the collection.

Just found out the regional callaway/odyssey rep will be doing a clinic and in person fitting at my home course this year, hopefully the schedule works out, it would be fun to go through an in person fitting again.

Trying to decide which model I want to roll this year. Im sticking with Odyssey because I want to keep my Grandaddy bag in tact for the full year, however my #7 has gone missing. So looking at the new line, and quite a few of the models look good to me.

Trying to decide which model I want to roll this year. Im sticking with Odyssey because I want to keep my Grandaddy bag in tact for the full year, however my #7 has gone missing. So looking at the new line, and quite a few of the models look good to me.

you might as well stay with the #7. It's like your old trusty battle axe.

JB,

I moved from a #7 to the V-Line and I am loving it. The versa scheme works for me on this putter, and the new insert has been very good for me.

How do you feel about counter weighted?

you might as well stay with the #7. It's like your old trusty battle axe.

I'm with Dean. You and a #7 means lethal.

I mean obviously not exactly the same because the profiles are different, but the weight feels very similar. I was between the Works 7 and the V-Line and spent a good hour at Golfsmith, and just felt much more comfortable lining my putts up with the V-Line.

Everyone is going to be different, but that was my experience.

I saw a post yesterday from PGA Superstore that they are giving away Ltd Edition Ody Works ball marker coins if you demo. I don't have a store in my area, hoping Golfsmith does a similar offer

I mean obviously not exactly the same because the profiles are different, but the weight feels very similar. I was between the Works 7 and the V-Line and spent a good hour at Golfsmith, and just felt much more comfortable lining my putts up with the V-Line.

THanks. I will give one a roll.

Ordered my new Works 1W, 34" with Odyssey Super Stroke grip last Thursday.......Just Waiting!!!!

Joe

I need to a roll a 1w in this model.

Ordered my new Works 1W, 34" with Odyssey Super Stroke grip last Thursday.......Just Waiting!!!!

Joe

That is a nice looking putter.

I'm giving the Works #7 Tank a hard look. Rolled it over the weekend and was mightily impressed. Insert felt a lot better than my Versa and seemed to put a much stronger roll on the ball.

JB,

I moved from a #7 to the V-Line and I am loving it. The versa scheme works for me on this putter, and the new insert has been very good for me.
I've been contemplating that one or the 1w, both tank, but boy are they completely different than one another, hearing you say the vline is an easy move from the 7, that might be the way I lean!

I am really thinking about a V-Line.

The more I look at them the more I am becoming ok with the versa. and I REALLY want to try the insert so a #9 might be on the radar very soon.

I bought the 2 ball fang and reduced my number of putting strokes per round by 6 the first time out...incredibly stable, easy to align and looks awesome. I find the black border around the white "balls" very helpful as i just focus on keeping that black border straight on the backswing and through the ball...awesome putter.

Really leaning toward the V-Line. GS is just down the street from my office so I show up and roll these almost daily at lunch. I'm sure the GS staff is starting to wonder what the hell I'm doing there everyday...:D

1030671.jpg
I thought for sure I would be looking at the 7 or a 1 wide. I honestly didn't like the 7, which really surprised me. I liked the 1 wide, but not near as much as the V-line. The setup/alignment really felt comfortable.

I thought for sure I would be looking at the 7 or a 1 wide. I honestly didn't like the 7, which really surprised me. I liked the 1 wide, but not near as much as the V-line. The setup/alignment really felt comfortable.
I think that's the biggest part I saw with the VLine so easy to just point and shoot.

Holy balogna dude, you were right. This might be my new putter.

Just found out the 2 ball fang order i placed Monday is going to take a bit longer. The heads are on backorder until the 24th. :/

Back