Odyssey Works Putters Preview

I checked these out in person today, to my surprise the vline head was my favorite, but the wide 1 blade tank was right behind it. I really wanted to like the fang, but it was just too heavy and didn't seem to perform as well for me, and as always the 7 head shape is a classic and just rocks. But after liking the vline so much I really want to try the rossie.

Rolled these today and........I may need one. Soon. Please don't tell my wife.

Rolled these today and the Versa coloring doesn't bother me as much as the white/black did. Rolled the #1, #7, and the Tankified Rossie. I didn't notice enough change to go out and buy one over the White Hot Pro I'm rolling now.

Maybe it was just me but I thought these felt really, really soft. Softer than just the normal WH insert. Not sure that makes sense but that's the feeling I got. I even thought it felt softer than the TaylorMade Pure Roll insert (which is the one of the softest feeling I've tried)

Anyone else get that from rolling them?

I'm with you on this one. I have some of the WHP putters and something about the OW line just feels softer. Can't put my finger on it but the #1W that tested (and subsequently ordered) was unlike any putter I've ever rolled, in terms of that soft feel on impact. I even tried hitting toe and heel side and got the exact same feeling and feedback. That is definitely not the case with other WHP putters or the TMaG Pure Roll putters.

I think Odyssey really has a solid product with the OW line. Can't wait to get mine and put it in play.

What I found really great about the OW is that yes, it's soft, but man that roll off the face is just buttery smooth. Never putted an insert with such a smooth roll. Let us know how it goes on the course, would love to hear more feedback on getting these in play. I am in serious ponder mode.

I'm with you on this one. I have some of the WHP putters and something about the OW line just feels softer. Can't put my finger on it but the #1W that tested (and subsequently ordered) was unlike any putter I've ever rolled, in terms of that soft feel on impact. I even tried hitting toe and heel side and got the exact same feeling and feedback. That is definitely not the case with other WHP putters or the TMaG Pure Roll putters.

I think Odyssey really has a solid product with the OW line. Can't wait to get mine and put it in play.

Because of the stainless steel mesh overlaying the insert you have less surface area impacting the ball and this will lead to a softer feel, add in the insert as an additional dampening effect, and viola, you have a really soft feeling that seems to be really hit and miss with people so far.

Because of the stainless steel mesh overlaying the insert you have less surface area impacting the ball and this will lead to a softer feel, add in the insert as an additional dampening effect, and viola, you have a really soft feeling that seems to be really hit and miss with people so far.

That is an amazingly easy to understand, yet incredibly informative analysis right there. I've not rolled these yet, but I have preferred the softer feel in the past.

I'm kind of mad that my time with the Works (or a similar design anyways) has been so limited thus far. I really want to see whether I find this positive opinion to be consistent after a couple green sessions with one.

That is an amazingly easy to understand, yet incredibly informative analysis right there. I've not rolled these yet, but I have preferred the softer feel in the past.

I love me some putter talk.

I always appreciate how you can break down putting to its simplest form/meaning.

Nice J. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

Finally got to spend some time with these. Rolled the #1W, #1W Tank, 2ball Fang, 2ball Fang Tank and the #9.

Overall thoughts are that the insert does have a softer feel to it. I didn't mind it at all really. Seemed to put a good roll on the ball. No skidding, but it wasn't a super large practice green. Nothing over 15' or so. Kind of indifferent on the colors. Nothing that would keep me from purchasing if I really wanted one, but also not something that would tip the scale for me in the other direction.

As far as the different models... The #9 I just rolled on a lark as I still have a WHP one that I game from time to time. Nothing too interesting there. I thought the 2ball Fang design was definitely interesting. Preferred the heft of the tank here, but I think that I've just gotten to a point where the 2ball design isn't really my thing anymore. Spent the most time with the #1W. Thought the regular one rolled nice, but didn't see anything that would drag me away from my TD Black. The 35" tank version though was the clear winner of the bunch. The heft I felt helped me keep my hands steady and I just felt most comfortable with this one in my hands. Not really looking to purchase one at the moment, again nothing to pull me away from the Black in this line so far, but if I were, it would be a 35" #1W Tank all day.

These intrigue me. I'm reaaaally wondering how the ball feels coming off that face. Gonna try to check it out this weekend!

Got my #1 wide today. I love it so far. Haven't rolled it too much yet, but the big moss will be getting a workout later tonight!

One nice surprise was the magnetic closure on the headcover! The headcover is really nice.

Tested them out today. Fell in love with the #1 and the 2 ball fang. Trying to decide between the two. Probably will end up with both.
leaning towards 2 ball fang this week.

These are the most attractive putters Odyssey has ever made. Stunning.

Thinking a 1 wide

Finally got a chance to roll a few with this line at Golfsmith. Really like the feel off the face, the color scheme, and the roll this face generates. Unfortunately, until they put out a center shaft or half shaft offset, these will remain off my radar. Tried to roll a couple of the styles to see if I could get over the look of the whole shaft offset, but to no avail. I know I'm in a minority on what my putter needs are compared to the masses, so I'll just stick to the WHP and Pro Type Milled I have.

I played the Works #7 Tank 38" counter balance for a round and just didn't like the SuperStroke grip that you have to get with the counter balance model. I also didn't like the pace it put on the ball compared to my #7 Tank 38" counter balance Versa. It does get the ball rolling a lot quicker but doesn't match my natural rhythm.

It is a fantastic addition to the line though. Definitely wasn't just the Versa Tank with mesh sticker put on the face. Feels and performs different and will match someones swing out there.

For me, I just have store credit to burn this summer =). Versa Tank #7 staying in the bag!

Really leaning toward the V-Line. GS is just down the street from my office so I show up and roll these almost daily at lunch. I'm sure the GS staff is starting to wonder what the hell I'm doing there everyday...:D

1030671.jpg

Already a #7 in the used section of my Golfsmith. They had it for $100 & the only thing stopping me was it was 33"....ugh

Really leaning toward the V-Line. GS is just down the street from my office so I show up and roll these almost daily at lunch. I'm sure the GS staff is starting to wonder what the hell I'm doing there everyday...:D

1030671.jpg
The Tank V Line was awesome when I rolled them in store, the alignment was great with it.

Back