Official Beer Hockey League Thread

TimG3394

Lost: Center of clubface
Reaction score
Handicap
9ish
Anybody else play in a beer league? I just joined and as start July 21st.

Thought we could use this thread to post stories, stats, and good ole hockey banter

I wish I still played in one, great exercise.

Definitely great exercise. I didn't know how much goes into understanding equipment. Lies, blade patters, flex, length... Sounds like golf!

I'm excited for something organized. We have been playing pond and drop-in for the last 4 years

Beer hockey? Yeah we don't know about that in the South. Please elaborate!

No Beer Hockey, I live in Atlanta. But I'm considering joining my college's Club Hockey team. This little guy is gonna get wrecked.

i play but i've taken some time off to many golf trips planned that i didn't want to get injured prob starting back up in september or october may join a new team as well and possibly running the team at work now.

Cool thread. I used to play in a couple leagues but it really got expensive and the times were not exactly ideal. I wish I could play every once and a while and not have to make a huge commitment. I am also lucky that I coach and get to get on the ice during the season which is a blast.

Beer league=recreational league.

Cool thread. I used to play in a couple leagues but it really got expensive and the times were not exactly ideal. I wish I could play every once and a while and not have to make a huge commitment. I am also lucky that I coach and get to get on the ice during the season which is a blast.

The times are a little funky and it is a little pricy but they have a monthly payment plan which is nice. People are always looking for subs too and that doesn't cost extra

Scored my first goal last night in a rat hockey session. A lot of the kids playing last night all play on the same college team and are home for the summer.

They were real cool and understanding that I haven't been playing hockey for 15 years like them. It was a garbage goal but I was happy with myself

1 game left plus playoffs for my season. I just moved, so my commute is about an hour for these last few games. Looking to get in the league that is nearby, but haven't heard from any of the captains yet. Getting a bit nervous that I won't have a team in the fall, but there is still some time.

I play but the season doesn't start until late Oct.

I play in a league on Friday nights throughout the Winter months, generally from October till April. Nothing too exciting.

Beer hockey? Sounds like fun, or maybe just a beer league.

Beer hockey? Sounds like fun, or maybe just a beer league.

That's generally after the hockey......it should be hockey beer, then it would be in chronological order.

I miss playing hockey. I was in a beer league that would have a winter season then two weeks off and the summer season would start. I was starting to get expensive at 660 a season. Now I just play shinny once in a while. It's tough to justify a new pair of Graf's when that's all I'm playing.

Here is a couple of highlights my wife caught during a game. I really like the pass I made.

Last edited:
Our draft is tomorrow. Will find out what color jersey and the other people on our team. Myself and 4 friends started our own team. We have been going to stick and puck and shinny sessions together. Season can start as soon as the 21st.

I will receive my Hockey Monkey mystery pack Thursday. I'm stoked for the season.

I love hockey monkey you will have to let us know what you get. So you don't get a group of guys to fill out a team you all get drafted. Is it the HNA that you are in. I believe they are in the Chicago area.

I will receive my Hockey Monkey mystery pack Thursday. I'm stoked for the season.

Is it a Mystery pack of sticks? I've seen those before, but never pulled the trigger so interested to hear what you get.

Also, curious what color you end up with. There are some fugly jerseys out there, depending on how many teams are in your league since they run out of the typical ones. For instance we have 12 teams, and mine this session is Tan with Gold shoulders. It will never be worn again after this session, that's for sure. Maybe, I can post it in the Marketplace as a hideous, stinky Golf Towel :alien:

I miss hockey...just got too expensive. It's always interesting in southern VA, because few that play are actually from here. Meet people from all over. I'm hoping to get back in soon. At leat my last season we won our division championship...in suden death OT.

I love hockey monkey you will have to let us know what you get. So you don't get a group of guys to fill out a team you all get drafted. Is it the HNA that you are in. I believe they are in the Chicago area.

Well usually what happens is when you join you can pick one person you want on your team and you get drafted together. However since there were 5 of us interested in joining he let us start our own team.

I just did the senior bargain pack for 90 bucks. I am not sure what flex or curve I want yet so I thought this was the best way.

I got a Bauer Supreme One60 102 flex and PM9 curve

and

Easton Stealth S13 85 flex Hall curve

Is it a Mystery pack of sticks? I've seen those before, but never pulled the trigger so interested to hear what you get.

Also, curious what color you end up with. There are some fugly jerseys out there, depending on how many teams are in your league since they run out of the typical ones. For instance we have 12 teams, and mine this session is Tan with Gold shoulders. It will never be worn again after this session, that's for sure. Maybe, I can post it in the Marketplace as a hideous, stinky Golf Towel :alien:

My buddy was Lime green last session. It was hideous.

I miss hockey...just got too expensive. It's always interesting in southern VA, because few that play are actually from here. Meet people from all over. I'm hoping to get back in soon. At leat my last season we won our division championship...in suden death OT.

It is definitely pricey. I have cut down on golf so it sort of works itself out. Congrats on the win

So you guy' don't have to design your own jersey's? Up here you need matching uniforms both home and away we need same colour helmet, gloves, socks, pants. Everything and visors are mandatory.

Here are the jersey's my team came up with.

null-32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
null-33.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Those are sweet.

I kind of wish we could make our own. They just give us plain jerseys with ugly colors. However we don't have to pay extra for them. We are all going to get team socks though.

Full cage required for this league too

The jersey's are expensive it was about $3600 bucks to get the initial jersey's for about 18 guys both home and away.

Good luck this year. I can't wait to follow your progress in this thread.

So you guy' don't have to design your own jersey's? Up here you need matching uniforms both home and away we need same colour helmet, gloves, socks, pants. Everything and visors are mandatory.

Here are the jersey's my team came up with.

null-32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
null-33.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Those look awesome, over the years we were the thunder, vandals and at one point sponsored by hooters, those brown and orange jerseys were awesome!!!

Did Hooters supply a water girl or give you a team deal on game nights that would have been awesome.

Our team name is The Privateers.

Back