Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get back on topic before it gets too far off, I think Barkley has potential and I think he made the right move by staying at USC this year. Not only will he not have to compete with RG3 and Luck for a draft spot, but he will be more developed going into the NFL. I think Barkley still looks just as good as before, but the guys around him just don't seem to be playing as well. Just as JB said, some guys take a couple of seasons in the NFL to really start showing how good they are, and I think that will be the case with Barkley. Give him 2-3 seasons and he will be a good starter.

JB, are any other prospects grading even close to Barkley? Seems like Geno, Wilson, Bray, etc all seem to be getting knocked for various reasons...

JB, are any other prospects grading even close to Barkley? Seems like Geno, Wilson, Bray, etc all seem to be getting knocked for various reasons...

It depends who you talk to. Logan Thomas is getting lots of love right now for a few reasons.

It depends who you talk to. Logan Thomas is getting lots of love right now for a few reasons.

I like Logan. He reminds me of Russel Wilson alot. I don't know if he has the knowledge of the NFL D's to be ready Day 1. I'd give him a year or two.

Lots of great QB talk...all I want to know is who is gonna get Teo?? I would love for the Colts to trade up and get him. They need help on offense and defense, but he could really be a a great leader on defense.

Lots of great QB talk...all I want to know is who is gonna get Teo?? I would love for the Colts to trade up and get him. They need help on offense and defense, but he could really be a a great leader on defense.

IMO Te'O needs to be the #1 pick. He's a game changing player.

For sure. Whatever team he goes to is going to see their defense turn around in a hurry I think.

The #1 pick is going to be different based on needs. The Chiefs needs may not be the same as the Browns or the Jaguars. I would tell you that if KC has the #1 pick they aren't taking Te'o

The irony in this is just last season, had he gone out, he probably would not have been taken until around 16 or so according to many. And would not have been the top LB drafted. He has a great skill set, and can play either type of D which is nice to have. Good motor and great instinct. The question remains if he can drop into coverage in NFL game speed, but at the college level, he excels at both coverage and rushing.

The #1 pick is going to be different based on needs. The Chiefs needs may not be the same as the Browns or the Jaguars. I would tell you that if KC has the #1 pick they aren't taking Te'o

That is true. If KC gets the #1, then they will probably have to pick a Chance Warmack. If the Browns go #1, I think it's a toss up between Te'O and Lotulelei. Both are incredible, NFL ready players

That is true. If KC gets the #1, then they will probably have to pick a Chance Warmack. If the Browns go #1, I think it's a toss up between Te'O and Lotulelei. Both are incredible, NFL ready players

Or a Matt Barkley.. They need a QB

Is Glennon at NCSU getting any love? Despite playing in a lackluster ACC, every time I see him play he seems to pick defenses apart when given time to stay upright.

Or a Matt Barkley.. They need a QB

This is true.

Question for JB. What is the draft stock of Le'veon Bell right now? I thought people were saying at the beginning of the year he was a NFL player playing on Saturdays.

Is Glennon at NCSU getting any love? Despite playing in a lackluster ACC, every time I see him play he seems to pick defenses apart when given time to stay upright.

Only recently. For a guy that was a top recruit, he has gone on the slow and steady pace. Good size for sure. There are many that believe it is because of him that Russell Wilson transferred, because he was going to lose his starting job possibly. Unpolished, but has great raw ability.

This is true.

Question for JB. What is the draft stock of Le'veon Bell right now? I thought people were saying at the beginning of the year he was a NFL player playing on Saturdays.

As of right now I would guess late 1st round early 2nd round. Big dude, with pretty good agility. Speed is a real question mark, but not really at his size. He is a gamble for teams, because there are only a couple of RBs in the NFL right now starting at his size, so its hard to figure out where he fits system wise.

Only recently. For a guy that was a top recruit, he has gone on the slow and steady pace. Good size for sure. There are many that believe it is because of him that Russell Wilson transferred, because he was going to lose his starting job possibly. Unpolished, but has great raw ability.

Interesting. I figured him to be a sleeper until the combines roll around where he can show skills on a level playing field.

As of right now I would guess late 1st round early 2nd round. Big dude, with pretty good agility. Speed is a real question mark, but not really at his size. He is a gamble for teams, because there are only a couple of RBs in the NFL right now starting at his size, so its hard to figure out where he fits system wise.

Okay. That's what I was thinking. The only person I can compare him to is a faster Toby Gerhart, who has had some success at Minnesota. I hope Bell gets a chance. I like the way he plays.

Okay. That's what I was thinking. The only person I can compare him to is a faster Toby Gerhart, who has had some success at Minnesota. I hope Bell gets a chance. I like the way he plays.

I think some are comparing him to Michael Turner.

I think some are comparing him to Michael Turner.

Oh yeah. Forgot about him. That is a really good comparison.

Hmmm. he is a O-guard, right? You think that based on KC's needs and positional value that they would take him @ #1 overall?

No way. They need a QB. I think they will be taking the best available QB

Oh, I'm a Chiefs fan and firmly agree. I just can't figure out why someone would project an o-guard to KC...or #1 overall, really.

Whaaaat? You guys have the ND Phenom himself...Brady Quinn! Why would you even consider finding someone else?

Oh, I'm a Chiefs fan and firmly agree. I just can't figure out why someone would project an o-guard to KC...or #1 overall, really.

It was just a thought. I think Matt Cassell is a good QB if they could keep him upright.

A win is a win for the cornhuskers, but I think we all know there's no win if Robinson is still in the game, but I'll take injury wins any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back