Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win is a win for the cornhuskers, but I think we all know there's no win if Robinson is still in the game, but I'll take injury wins any day of the week.

I think it would have been a good game

I just saw we're up to #13 in the BCS standings. I really think we have a good shot at winning out too. I can't wait to see what bowl game we get into.

If you win out and that includes the ACC Championship game then you'll be in the Orange Bowl as the ACC Champ.

I just saw we're up to #13 in the BCS standings. I really think we have a good shot at winning out too. I can't wait to see what bowl game we get into.

The NC State game could be fun. Both teams may score 50.

FWIW, ESPN's bowl projections have Clemson in the Chick-fil-a Bowl.

Given Notre Dame's rise and the clauses that will elevate a non-BCS conference champ (Boise State probably) in the top 16 of the BCS standings (if ranked higher than a BCS champ)...it looks like ND and Boise are going to be BCS at larges which only leave two slots. A second SEC team will almost certainly get one. I don't see where the remaining one goes to a second ACC squad.

I give y'all 70/30 on NC State and 50/50 against SC. Those seem to be the only contest y'all have left.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

This take effect when ND joins the ACC in all the other sports.

ND will be eligible for bowl selection as one of ours. (There’s a caveat: Notre Dame can’t replace an ACC team in the Orange Bowl, though it could play an ACC team in the Orange Bowl. But Notre Dame could be chosen as the ACC rep in, say, the Chick-fil-A Bowl.)

So they can't take the BCS Spot but the bowls can choose them over any other team, as long as (I believe this is what I read somewhere else) there loss record is the same or 1 loss more.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-b...until-notre-dame-is-playing-acc-football-too/

If you win out and that includes the ACC Championship game then you'll be in the Orange Bowl as the ACC Champ.

Negative commander. Even if we win out we may not make the ACC championship because of FSU.

Ahhh. Gotcha. Forgot ya'll were in the save division. I still can't get those down, I'm a basketball guy first and foremost
Negative commander. Even if we win out we may not make the ACC championship because of FSU.

Buckeyes up to #6...#figures

Somewhere out there Kirk Herbstreit just popped one...

Yah right Herbstreit is the biggest hater in the world.

This year is justified though. We would get murdered in the Rose Bowl by either USC or Oregon.

Yah right Herbstreit is the biggest hater in the world.

This year is justified though. We would get murdered in the Rose Bowl by either USC or Oregon.

Or maybe he's the only realistic tOSU fan/alum with a platform.

He's not a hater. He's just critical of OSU on air because he doesn't want to be seen as biased.

OSU interception against Miami. You know..."the photo". That guy eats, sleeps, and breathes OSU football unless he's commentating.

If I had his job I'd probably hate on Tennessee more than I'd actually want to.

agu9amyt.jpg

It was just a thought. I think Matt Cassell is a good QB if they could keep him upright.

hmmm. Assuming this is a serious post, I am going to assume you don't watch many Chiefs games. Cassell horrible.

Liz Honey is back and this time without the upturned nose.

No. 18 Gorillas Set to Host MIAA Newcomer Lindenwood on Senior Day Saturday

PITTSBURG, KS — The Pittsburg State University football team play host to Lindenwood University Saturday (Nov. 3) in Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association action. The Gorillas will face the MIAA newcomer Lions for Senior Day as Pitt State honors its 14 outgoing seniors. Kickoff for Saturday’s action is set for 2 p.m. (CDT) at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium.

Pittsburg State, the winningest all-time NCAA Division II program, improve to 6-2 overall and 6-2 in the MIAA after posting a 20-6 road win over Truman last Saturday (Oct. 27). The Gorillas, the defending NCAA Division II National Champions, snapped a two-game losing streak with the victory over the Bulldogs and kept themselves in the MIAA and NCAA postseason races. Pitt State climbed four spots to No. 18 in the AFCA/Division II Top 25 poll.

Lindenwood improve to 6-3 overall and 5-3 in MIAA play following a 45-30 home win over Missouri Southern last Saturday (Oct. 30). The Lions snapped a two-game losing streak – against nationally-ranked Emporia State and Washburn – with the win against Southern.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/news/2012/10/31/FB_1031124540.aspx

Maybe Auburn can win today against New Mexico State, that's sad.

How bout Johnny Football and aTm killing it again. Guy is unreal

The Gators are the worst good team ranked inside the Top 10. The offensive coordinator must put together a game plan each week that hopes we can win 3-0.

Though I do not really follow college football, I am hoping that Oregon just steamrolls over USC today. I am so tired of guys at work talking about USC and UCLA and how Oregon is overrated. Go Ducks!!!

Maybe Auburn can win today against New Mexico State, that's sad.

It's not a good feeling to play the worst program in the FBS and not be certain of a win. I guess its not on tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back