Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL it would be. If I did that, they would be scoring irons only.. up to 7 lol. 5,6 definitely some perimeter weighting!

pfft you don't need perimeter weighting

Pondering a combo set with the MCs or CBs? Or go for greatness and get all three haha.. MB (PW-9) MC (8-7) CB (6-5)

LOL. Nah, I wouldnt go TM at this point. I like em though. Definitely CB3, I20, or 588's. I really think its going to come down to shaft and cost. I want Modus in the worst way to get used to it, but if I can't Im fine with KBS. I have a feeling that the J40 CB's are going to require really good swings all the time and I want the iron that best preps me for it. The Cb3's are the same ish profile with a thicker topline. THe i20's have the shaft I want.

pfft you don't need perimeter weighting

I have no reason to ponder irons but the Nike VR Pro Cavity irons are down to $299 for 4-AW at TGW, I loved those irons at the THP demo day last year.

I have no reason to ponder irons but the Nike VR Pro Cavity irons are down to $299 for 4-AW at TGW, I loved those irons at the THP demo day last year.

Other than they're awesome lol.

LOL. Nah, I wouldnt go TM at this point. I like em though. Definitely CB3, I20, or 588's. I really think its going to come down to shaft and cost. I want Modus in the worst way to get used to it, but if I can't Im fine with KBS. I have a feeling that the J40 CB's are going to require really good swings all the time and I want the iron that best preps me for it. The Cb3's are the same ish profile with a thicker topline. THe i20's have the shaft I want.

Not that you'd want two extremely similar sets, but wouldn't the j38's be the closest representation? Might be able to get a decent price on a set too.

Not that you'd want two extremely similar sets, but wouldn't the j38's be the closest representation? Might be able to get a decent price on a set too.

If I did the J38 CB's for sure. But I have this sick credit to Golfsmith lol. that's all Im gonna say haha.

Funniest part is I could order J40 CB's from Golfsmith. They're available to order now.

If I did the J38 CB's for sure. But I have this sick credit to Golfsmith lol. that's all Im gonna say haha.
How long could it possibly be til you get your MC irons? I would have to think that your Z Stars could get by well enough until the J40s get put in to play.

Tmex, you need to get whatever you can get with the Modus shafts. Let's be honest here, that's what you want more than anything and that's fine. If they are available in the i20's then get those. They'll be great prep irons for you.

How long could it possibly be til you get your MC irons? I would have to think that your Z Stars could get by well enough until the J40s get put in to play.

I have store credit LOL.

Backup set ftw

Exactly! You never know they could be primary.

Tmex, you need to get whatever you can get with the Modus shafts. Let's be honest here, that's what you want more than anything and that's fine. If they are available in the i20's then get those. They'll be great prep irons for you.

Great point dude. It's the engine!

I have some J38 irons, DPC. I will make you a great deal. haha

I have store credit LOL.

Exactly! You never know they could be primary.

Great point dude. It's the engine!
In that case, too bad they dont have the W/S V2s. Those would be a great set to work with.

he's past that graphite shaft stage in his life now

In that case, too bad they dont have the W/S V2s. Those would be a great set to work with.

I actually agree. The V2's would be a great prep set. Plus Ricky Barnes plays them. And they come stock with KBS Tours.

I actually agree. The V2's would be a great prep set. Plus Ricky Barnes plays them. And they come stock with KBS Tours.
And can be found for a very nice price.

And can be found for a very nice price.

You're going to laugh... They do have them on the store shelves....

War, I just know the C Kuas arent an option for the MC and I must prepare to play steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back