Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's definitely worth the look as I like the shorter shaft for better control etc. you are speaking of. I'll put it on my to demo list :thumb:

Yessir, gotta hit em all and pick oit the best for you

always thinking about driver shaft... I want to try heavier and stiffer shafts but there are no know fitting facilities in my area, and they golf stores only have stock stiff shafts...

any way I can thinker with taht without unloading too much money?

For sure. I'd look at eBay and some older models. Aldila NV might be a good place to start.

Been pondering all week about the Cleveland Classic XL Custom head that ill be purchasing today from the venerable Mr. Sox Fan. The ponder is about the shaft as I don't think the JDL 6S he has with it is going to work for me. So last night I booked up a fitting for Saturday and now I'm pondering what the results might be. I'm just worried ill be fit into some crazy tour spec 500 dollar shaft (do those even exist?). I'm really excited about this though. Lookin forward to putting some numbers on my swing finally

Been pondering all week about the Cleveland Classic XL Custom head that ill be purchasing today from the venerable Mr. Sox Fan. The ponder is about the shaft as I don't think the JDL 6S he has with it is going to work for me. So last night I booked up a fitting for Saturday and now I'm pondering what the results might be. I'm just worried ill be fit into some crazy tour spec 500 dollar shaft (do those even exist?). I'm really excited about this though. Lookin forward to putting some numbers on my swing finally

I'd maybe think about a dollar limit and then just let him know up front. That should help you out. Can always look for deals too. You definitely don't have to spend a ton of money if you don't want to.

For sure. I'd look at eBay and some older models. Aldila NV might be a good place to start.

I will look at it, thanks.

also, where did you buy your adaptors for the 588 custom?

I will look at it, thanks.

also, where did you buy your adaptors for the 588 custom?

eBay is the only place I could find them. Priced around $30-35.

Callaway X2Hot Fairway. I'm hesitant about trying another 3 wood as I generally don't get along with them. With that said I have no doubt while playing at Championgate (The King) in April, more fire power will be needed on the longer holes. I hit this thing really well at Dick's but will it transfer to the golf course? That's my fear.

Between you, me, and Danny, it sounds like Team Chad is in major fairway wood ponder mode! Great minds think alike I suppose :thumb:

Yes, they are the same.

Also the same as the Z-star adapter FWIW, just a little different text on it. Thats what I used for my Classic last year.

Also the same as the Z-star adapter FWIW, just a little different text on it. Thats what I used for my Classic last year.

Well dang. I didn't know that. Full range of adjustablity too?

I think I need something more traditional in size. I have two of the 1.0's kicking around and don't like them. Never have been a fan of the larger grips (2Thumb, Fatso, anything bigger really isn't up my alley).

I just posted in the SeeMore thread. I absolutely adore my new Golf Pride Tour Classic. Great feel, perfect shape, couldn't really ask for anything more.

I cant find LH adaptors, do you think the standard one swould work? I would probably have to figure out what settings means what

I cant find LH adaptors, do you think the standard one swould work? I would probably have to figure out what settings means what

Sorry, I don't know how that works.

I'd maybe think about a dollar limit and then just let him know up front. That should help you out. Can always look for deals too. You definitely don't have to spend a ton of money if you don't want to.

I certainly do have a dollar amount in mind but I figured it d be best to keep an open mind and weigh performance vs value. I'm really want to learn and take in as much info as possible too

I certainly do have a dollar amount in mind but I figured it d be best to keep an open mind and weigh performance vs value. I'm really want to learn and take in as much info as possible too

That's a good way to look at it. Hopefully you can get the best of both worlds. I tend to think it's possible.

In my experience with Callaway and Cobra MyFly Adapters, the RH adapters work for LH clubs but everything is just reverse. I made sure to buy the LH version to avoid having to deal with that. Not sure if Cleveland even has them so your best bet is to call them.

If anyone is pondering a Covert 1.0 3 wood in excellent condition... I have one.

Thanks to Hawk for pressing my hand in buying a 2.0.

Still trying to find a stripped down bag I love for walking. Wavering between the Ping 4 Series and Ogio Vapor. I want a valuable pocket and an insulated bottle pocket. Everything else is up for grabs.

If anyone is pondering a Covert 1.0 3 wood in excellent condition... I have one.

Thanks to Hawk for pressing my hand in buying a 2.0.

Pondering a 3W, but haven't hit the Covert. May be interested if I hit one and like it.

Still trying to find a stripped down bag I love for walking. Wavering between the Ping 4 Series and Ogio Vapor. I want a valuable pocket and an insulated bottle pocket. Everything else is up for grabs.

Thought id highly recommend the Mizuno Aerolite 029. Have both of what you are looking for.

I'll take it to the proper thread soon, have to do a little search digging first, but my ponder is more bounce in my wedges.

Starting to realize I don't know enough about bounce, especially as I focus on simplifying my game and thought process on the course.

I'll take it to the proper thread soon, have to do a little search digging first, but my ponder is more bounce in my wedges.

Starting to realize I don't know enough about bounce, especially as I focus on simplifying my game and thought process on the course.

I'm the same. Switching to the ATV's this past fall really opened my eyes a little more about bounce.

I'm the same. Switching to the ATV's this past fall really opened my eyes a little more about bounce.

I played the i25 LW with more touch than I have my wedges yesterday, at 13* of bounce just by letting the club work. That affirmed for me I need to educate myself some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back