Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends I think.

The old version was lower profile and maybe the easiest club to get up in the air off the turf. Also handled heavy misses very well. More offset though and probably not as versatile. I never thought the original was exactly a long club, but was one you could elevate easily.

The new one is more iron shaped (relatively speaking), sounds better, and the shaft feels better to me. It's longer for me, though maybe not quite as high a flyer of the turf. Monitor shows it launches a little higher/spins a little less.

I tend to have high launch and spin so that sounds promising.

I tend to have high launch and spin so that sounds promising.

If that's the case, the Adams may be a good one to look at too, though I think you'll find it to be less forgiving.

Would this match the red on Odyssey putters?

Red.jpg

I think so as its just a real red.

Its red. You'll be fine. Odyssey doesn't use crimson or anything. I have the plain red SS's on my Odyssey's and it matches well.

LOL. Appaerently I'm a little color blind, but my perception was that the WHP had more of a dark red paint.

There isn't enough on the putter to clash with anything anyways, it'll be all good either way.

TGW is running 10% off GPS's and rangefinders, so I'm pondering a rangefinder. Suckers are still expensive though, anyone have a recommendation for a basic, affordable one? I don't need or want any slope feature, just distance.

TGW is running 10% off GPS's and rangefinders, so I'm pondering a rangefinder. Suckers are still expensive though, anyone have a recommendation for a basic, affordable one? I don't need or want any slope feature, just distance.

I can't recommend a Kick Butt Range Finder enough. Great price, high quality materials, and has all the functions of a Bushnell V2. Been using mine since March and it is fantastic

Pondering a couple of things today.... MP59 irons.....for the the 3rd time and a range finder....

Call me crazy, but all 3 other models of the Tank Cruisers. They won't be for everyone but they work quite well for me, the CB setup is excellent

Call me crazy, but all 3 other models of the Tank Cruisers. They won't be for everyone but they work quite well for me, the CB setup is excellent

I am seriously pondering as well. The pics of the Versa two-ball and the v-line are very, very nice. I need to get these in hand and roll them. CB has me intrigued.

Also, James -- I'll add this to the V-line discussion as well. But, do you think the longer putter helps you since you're taller? Conceptually, it seems like it would promote a better posture to have a longer shaft, even if you're choking down on it.

I can't recommend a Kick Butt Range Finder enough. Great price, high quality materials, and has all the functions of a Bushnell V2. Been using mine since March and it is fantastic

Thanks jlukes, sounds solid to me - where do you go about buying one of those? Direct from the company?

Yup. I even had a few questions and the owner got back to me quickly and answered all of my questions.

http://kickbuttrangefinder.com/

I got the Max Grip 600 model

the price difference is huge! any Idea why? besides less marketing and maybe less markup?

hard to believe that they manage to sell these for half what the competitors ask.

the price difference is huge! any Idea why? besides less marketing and maybe less markup?

hard to believe that they manage to sell these for half what the competitors ask.

Less overhead. They make these over seas. Usually buy one, reverse engineer. Cheap labor. Etc. I have seen Joe's and it is legit.

Less overhead. They make these over seas. Usually buy one, reverse engineer. Cheap labor. Etc. I have seen Joe's and it is legit.

I might have to cancel that puter order to get one then :alien:

You must have missed the non refundable clause. :bananadance:

You wont regret it, great piece of equipment that doesnt break thr bank like the Bushnells. When my V2 dies, this will be replacing it.

You wont regret it, great piece of equipment that doesnt break thr bank like the Bushnells. When my V2 dies, this will be replacing it.

Whoa whoa whoa Aaron. How dare you talk this man out of buying a putter..haha I agree though. It is a good piece of equipment. Wish they would change the name...

Whoa whoa whoa Aaron. How dare you talk this man out of buying a putter..haha I agree though. It is a good piece of equipment. Wish they would change the name...

It's kick butt because a portion of the money goes to lung cancer foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back