Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still thinking irons. So many dancing around my head & a birthday coming up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What ya thinkin about?

Nike's, both of the new Cobra lines, BiOs, Speedblades, Callaways, keeping my current gamers. Just really need to go hit a bunch & figure it out.

It's not just the shaft length, you have to remember that. Loft, spin, CG, all play a role. The Heavenwood is meant to get up easy and HIGH, and to land soft. Not be a 5w replacement IMO.

That is certainly does. Thinking it may be more of a high launching 4 iron alternative for me. Just can't figure out how others are getting 225 - 230 out of it. I would be thrilled with 210 consistently!

That is certainly does. Thinking it may be more of a high launching 4 iron alternative for me. Just can't figure out how others are getting 225 - 230 out of it. I would be thrilled with 210 consistently!

Simple. It's the Internet, that's how. It's funny because it's true.

Nike's, both of the new Cobra lines, BiOs, Speedblades, Callaways, keeping my current gamers. Just really need to go hit a bunch & figure it out.

My Bios with KBS Tour R+'s are about to get the axe.

Big Bertha Alpha 815. Need to figure out what degree head to get. I've got a shaft that will pair well with it...

Big Bertha Alpha 815. Need to figure out what degree head to get. I've got a shaft that will pair well with it...

Do I need to enable you by posting links to eBay auctions? LOL

Do I need to enable you by posting links to eBay auctions? LOL
I saw a 9, and I saw a 12. I'm currently in a 10.5, so I'd lean that way, but if I can't find one, I'd probably lean 12. I think i could use the extra launch.

I saw a 9, and I saw a 12. I'm currently in a 10.5, so I'd lean that way, but if I can't find one, I'd probably lean 12. I think i could use the extra launch.

I just thought it was funny you posted the one of been eyeing already last week. Was a steal for the head thanks to the a-flex shaft.

iron decision is made that will be the Z545 the pondering is for the top of the bag.

Driver 815 9* set to N and +1, will be looking to hit the Vapors and Fly Z and the Bridgestone U, before a decision is made
FW G30, 815, F45, Fly Z, Vapor
Hy - 815, G30, Fly Z

I just thought it was funny you posted the one of been eyeing already last week. Was a steal for the head thanks to the a-flex shaft.
If I wasn't in the depths of winter, I would have jumped on that. Might just wait a few months to see if I can find a better deal closer to spring.

Or I should just buy one already haha

If I wasn't in the depths of winter, I would have jumped on that. Might just wait a few months to see if I can find a better deal closer to spring.

Or I should just buy one already haha

Id wait if I were you....but then again you go sim access

Just can't figure out for the life of me why I have at least a 30 yard gap between a 15.5 degree and a 20.5 degree fairway wood, both with the same shaft. Found a 19 degree X Hot Pro for a great price that I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on.

Have you considered a shaft change to something a little heavier or lower launching. From what little I know of the new heavenwood the club head is a high launching and maybe you could counteract that a little with a different shaft. The tour green comes to mind initially. I think the Miyazaki c kua 59 is lower launching than the stock shaft but I'm not very familiar with the Basara shaft.

I will own a heavenwood in the next few months, its now just a matter of when

I will own a heavenwood in the next few months, its now just a matter of when
Ever since I put mine in the bag I have that as a go to club for a variety of shots

Ever since I put mine in the bag I have that as a go to club for a variety of shots

Yeah, ive tinkered with a few 3 woods lately and still am not seeing the ease that I found with the Heavenwood with the limited time I hit it.

And pretty sure since Im not rocking a 4I I got a spot for 1 and can keep the 3W

I agree with James here. I think that it's got it's own place. I could see going 4W/HW if you don't carry a 3W, but I don't need any space in my bag elsewhere so I think I've settled on keeping the 3/5/HW setup for now. 5W has a bit more distance potential with rollout, especially off the tee for me. That said, the HW does certainly get up in a hurry off the deck and you can play it as a straight 7W if you choke up a bit. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't any fun to hit for sure. Already plotting where I'll use it in my round this weekend.

Still pondering a G30 in the 3W spot. Golfsmith is in my future this weekend.

And mFGP2 PR. That's a hawkponder for now though.

Tweener or player's irons with regular flex or lighter stiff flex. For a little tinkering and as a spare set.

Should I put a 60 in or not....hhhhmmmm

Still pondering wedges, and am set on a 50/54/58 setup. For the 58* though, wondering if it's worth me considering either the Cleveland Smart Sole or Tour Edge 1-Out.

Tour Preferred AW to replace my SM4 50*

Pondering taking adv of globalgolfs trade bonus. I need to off some things badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back