Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying my darndest not to pull the trigger on a new XR16 or just the driver head to pair with my Element Helium shaft.

I can see waiting for a deal, but you were hitting it pretty well this weekend!

Pondering nothing at the moment after Club Clash and my new 3W. I'm sure that will change soon enough though!

We have heard/said it 1,000,000 times on the forum, but they are SNEAKY forgiving. They hide it all silly well.

I think I'm about half of those posts. haha

I'm seriously looking to get a set of J15 CB's. I loved the J40's when I games them.
You know, I sort of expected the skies to part when I hit them this weekend on the range and...well...it didn't. Great irons, the CF16 just feel better to me. I'll say this, they're a great package at hiding what they have, same heel to toe as my CF16, but that topline is sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

They are a different animal than the J40 and I think that's a really good thing. I know I personally rave about them, but I'm far from typical I'd say.

You're getting a generous heel-to-toe distance with a leading edge that doesn't ravage the turf, with good material built behind the strike zone (less isolated like the j40 CB). Everything else is kind of up to you hahahaha

Put in a bid on an XR16 head to see what all the fuss is about.

Also, 20% off on Apex MB irons makes me ponder.

I am seriously pondering the XR16. As a zealot for another brand this is a strange place for me. But, I don't have the time to search for a club when Callaway is available many places and the reviews from THPers is so consistently good. My new motto is less thinking and more playing.

I am seriously pondering the XR16. As a zealot for another brand this is a strange place for me. But, I don't have the time to search for a club when Callaway is available many places and the reviews from THPers is so consistently good. My new motto is less thinking and more playing.

Don't discount the pro version too. Looks great at address and is long and forgiving.

Don't discount the pro version too. Looks great at address and is long and forgiving.

While it is surprisingly capable where ball-speed retention is concerned, its still not the same level as the XR16.

While it is surprisingly capable where ball-speed retention is concerned, its still not the same level as the XR16.

I've wondered what i would see with a regular xr16 head and the whiteboard shaft.

Also, 20% off on Apex MB irons makes me ponder.

I think the one thing genuinely holding me back on buying Apex MBs is the weaker lofts. I like 46* PW.

Horrible yet wonderful excuse. Can't wait to see what they are building right now.

I think the one thing genuinely holding me back on buying Apex MBs is the weaker lofts. I like 46* PW.

Horrible yet wonderful excuse. Can't wait to see what they are building right now.

Well those new MB's should conveniently be available for a little December trip you're taking. I'm sure they could set them to whatever lofts you wanted. Hmmm...

Debating hzrdus yellow vs GD-GP shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the four posts after mine prove my point. I just got more info than I can find on the F5 plus I have to drive thirty miles just to see one. And I live in a big city.
A forgiving monster

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PXi and PX LZ shafts.

And HZRDUS red or iRod for my Hybrid.

If I have one more poor putting round, I'm pondering throwing my putters off of a bridge and going with a works 7. Doesn't seem to matter what putter I use, my distance control is dismal.

If I have one more poor putting round, I'm pondering throwing my putters off of a bridge and going with a works 7. Doesn't seem to matter what putter I use, my distance control is dismal.

We should have done some work dude. I'm always happy to help.

after yesterday,s round, I am pondering a Cure CX1

Well those new MB's should conveniently be available for a little December trip you're taking. I'm sure they could set them to whatever lofts you wanted. Hmmm...

Back of my mind, big time. And I would be shocked to see them release something that wasn't more in line with today's lofting, especially if they find a way to throw some tech in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back