Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Oh why not... #WPF Mizuno T20 add it

After today's driver fitting, gotta get that EF SubZero 9* with Fujikura Ventus blue shaft. But I want to be smart about it and not overspend. I might go the CPO route and take my time finding a good price on the shaft. Or do I wait for the 2020 release and buy new with the price drop? Some serious pondering going on over here!!

Epic Flash 3 hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~40" shaft (Cobra utility iron) for my Cobra 5-6fwy head: Poor Man's Super Hybrid.

Hard ponder on a 17* Super Hybrid, but admittedly at $700 CAD with my preferred shaft I can't see myself pulling the trigger.

These things can't get on CPO fast enough.

With the new 919 Forged in 6-GW and Recoil 95 Proto F4 pondering what to do for 4 and 5 irons. Mizuno doesn't seem to offer the Proto shafts to order, just the regular 95s.:( And do I go 919 or MP 20 HMP?

Looking at the following for this year:**
**Nippon Modus 3 105’s replacing my xp95’s-smoother feel and better disbursement.
**Grips-GP MCC Plus 4 in my irons.
**Gap/Sand/Lob....CBX or Callaway Jaws-haven’t tested these yet...
**I have a stash of B330RX’s but at some point I will have to start testing a replacement.

Sun Mountain 4.5 LS 14 way stand bag on my mind. I saw one at my local EW yesterday in black & cobalt w/ camo pattern in the storage areas. What a great looking bag!!

Really really thinking Cobra irons again. Or maybe hot metal pro. Or MP-20. Ok. So no progress but more thought

I’m pondering a new driving iron. I wonder if there is a new release scheduled for the beginning of the year that could help with that? ?

there's a used Srixon U65 utility hybrid out there that I want...

I’m pondering a new driving iron. I wonder if there is a new release scheduled for the beginning of the year that could help with that? ?
The F9 leaving the bag?!

Mmm, Christmas gift cards offer the opportunity to put a dent in my equipment needs, but only a dent. Hybrid is the oldest club in the bag. But I also need to replace wedges. Pondering which way to go.

Some early ponders:
Ventus 6X for my new Ping LST driver
Ping LST fw
Ping iBlade 2.0 or i220....if they come out
Scotty Phantom 12.5
Vokey SM8s with S400 shafts

What's the most forgiving Driver on the market?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What's the most forgiving Driver on the market?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Don't know about most drivers, but the Mizuno ST 190 I've been gaming with is very forgiving. Sometimes I hit many balls off the toe of the club and still ended up with decent drives.

"Forgiving" has a lot of possibilities.

When Jailbreak first came out, slicers loved it because it took out the bend in ball flight like nothing they'd ever experienced before.

For others, forgiving means minimum loss of distance when making off-center contact. Oh by-the-way, the adjustment settings on adjustable drivers can matter a lot when evaluating this type of forgiveness. There can also be other subgroups here. Such as those that focus on carry distance or others focusing on total distance.

Others have a specific miss that matters to them. Heel, toe, or thinned shots.

So, what type of forgiveness are you most interested in?

I am pondering a strong 3 wood and a 7 wood combo...

"Forgiving" has a lot of possibilities.

When Jailbreak first came out, slicers loved it because it took out the bend in ball flight like nothing they'd ever experienced before.

For others, forgiving means minimum loss of distance when making off-center contact. Oh by-the-way, the adjustment settings on adjustable drivers can matter a lot when evaluating this type of forgiveness. There can also be other subgroups here. Such as those that focus on carry distance or others focusing on total distance.

Others have a specific miss that matters to them. Heel, toe, or thinned shots.

So, what type of forgiveness are you most interested in?
I
I tend to slice and I'm not always consistent with the contact. If I had to choose I would choose something that would help more with minimum loss of distance from off center contact than the slice.

Just added a Apex 5 iron. It went so well I’m considering a 4 iron and eliminating hybrids from the bag. I seem to be much more accurate with the irons then hybrid.

I tend to slice and I'm not always consistent with the contact. If I had to choose I would choose something that would help more with minimum loss of distance from off center contact than the slice

So if money is not a big factor one of the more forgiving models is in the Callaway Epic line or TaylorMade M6. You'd definitely benefit from the Jail Break or Twist Face technology. If that is a little too rich, then the Cobra King F9 is a popular choice for the kind of forgiveness you seek.

Back