Official Equipment Pondering Thread

You have no idea how much I appreciate your vote of confidence - especially given your handicap. In terms of the satin versus non - I think the newer black finish is calling to me but maybe I should look to see if I can find a satin under $100. Thank you for being an enabler for a guy that loves to just experiment.
I know it's risky mentioning a YouTuber, but Mark Crossfield did a video on the Smart Sole series recently you might enjoy checking out. I also love experimenting which is why I got one. Probably a low chance it goes in the bag but it's just a fun club to hit shots with. I played a couple par 3 simulator courses using just that club and it's a lot of fun. Took it out a few times on the course this year and it's very forgiving out of all the iffy lies you get early in the year. I would probably need to take my mini driver or 54* out of the bag to game it, so it probably wont have a permanent home but in my bag but plan to keep it to take out every now and then.

I know it's risky mentioning a YouTuber, but Mark Crossfield did a video on the Smart Sole series recently you might enjoy checking out. I also love experimenting which is why I got one. Probably a low chance it goes in the bag but it's just a fun club to hit shots with. I played a couple par 3 simulator courses using just that club and it's a lot of fun. Took it out a few times on the course this year and it's very forgiving out of all the iffy lies you get early in the year. I would probably need to take my mini driver or 54* out of the bag to game it, so it probably wont have a permanent home but in my bag but plan to keep it to take out every now and then.

Haha I know what you mean - I both deeply enjoy and sometimes can't stand Crossfield, but it was his video that started that spark.

I'd love to ask you one more question:
I'm really considering playing around this club because in Arizona we get some courses where you know that they either don't run their sprinklers enough or cut the grass too short and basically it can be like concrete around the greens.

Do you think the smart sole does well on the tight or bare lies with how thick the sole is? I actually spent a season using a hybrid to chip in those spots situationally and I think this club with it's more upright lie and shorter shaft would be the replacement for that.

Haha I know what you mean - I both deeply enjoy and sometimes can't stand Crossfield, but it was his video that started that spark.

I'd love to ask you one more question:
I'm really considering playing around this club because in Arizona we get some courses where you know that they either don't run their sprinklers enough or cut the grass too short and basically it can be like concrete around the greens.

Do you think the smart sole does well on the tight or bare lies with how thick the sole is? I actually spent a season using a hybrid to chip in those spots situationally and I think this club with it's more upright lie and shorter shaft would be the replacement for that.
Ya I've only used it on the exact opposite conditions i.e. March in the midwest lol. But I would think the main concern would be hitting thin shots off those lies. Since it's meant to be a very forgiving sole, you might have some trouble if you were using it for longer-than-chip shots. But on the thin chip shots I've hit with it, it seems to still do what it's meant to, meaning hit chip shots with a putting stroke.

Ya I've only used it on the exact opposite conditions i.e. March in the midwest lol. But I would think the main concern would be hitting thin shots off those lies. Since it's meant to be a very forgiving sole, you might have some trouble if you were using it for longer-than-chip shots. But on the thin chip shots I've hit with it, it seems to still do what it's meant to, meaning hit chip shots with a putting stroke.

Well I'm totally picking one up after work and changing this thread from "pondering" to "what did you buy today". In my mind, nothing beats the dude with the big yellow cobra bag, funky shirt, and now the chipper. I'm one step away from iron covers.

Thanks for this discussion!

I am thinking about going from 4 wedges PW(46), 51, 55, 60 to 3 wedges PW (46), 53, 58..

Thoughts on shaft options for the rogue st fw lineup? Tensei white xs the velocore blue?

Currently playing rogue 4w and due for an upgrade, and wanting to take advantage of the 50% trade boost

Thoughts on shaft options for the rogue st fw lineup? Tensei white xs the velocore blue?

Currently playing rogue 4w and due for an upgrade, and wanting to take advantage of the 50% trade boost
Missed this while the trade bonus was active, but I have the Tensei White X-Stiff and I’m loving it with the Rogue LS 3 wood. Launch is excellent and I’m playing a nice fade with it.

Pondering why, when I find a ball I like, the OEM's change it? Argh!
"New and improved" is almost never the proper description.
2020 Tour Response is nearly the perfect ball for my game. TM had to go and change it (and raise the price! )
I picked up 2 dz. of the old ones at $29ea., so I'm stocked for a year or two.
Frustrating that when I try to settle on one ball for consistency, it gets changed. Hell, even Titleist flipped the ProV's around, and a lot of their staff play older models that they got comfortable with.
Should this be in the Rant of the Day section? :):cautious::ROFLMAO:

Wedges and a putter. I really miss my Cleveland HB thinking I might snag another 1.

Need new wedges but have no idea where to even start. I am thinking CB2 from Cleveland most likely since I can use all the help I can get.

Going to keep the putter, going to give the Spider more time. Wedges still looking at the CBX2, but now a Hybrid/utility. I have never got a long with a hybrid so I am looking at the UHX Cleveland 4 Utility.

I have the hard ponder of new wedges and a credit burning a hole in my pocket... Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a new SW at least sooner rather than later.

I just got a headcover, but I kinda really Qantas this one.

WhiskeySteakGolfandFreedom_Driver1_1024x1024.jpg

I am kinda wanting some new wedges.

I want blades.

221 end of ponder
Yeah, thats true.

Though, my Miura CB57's are weighted close enough maybe I should just play them again. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, thats true.

Though, my Miura CB57's are weighted close enough maybe I should just play them again. :ROFLMAO:
Well then you have no ponder. Just put new shafts and fancy ferrules back on haha

Well then you have no ponder. Just put new shafts and fancy ferrules back on haha
FANCY! Need more pink.

I do think the next set of Rapid Taper 105's will go in the 57's.

I want blades.

Maybe a combo set? The Nikes I snagged are really great and all, but oof they are rough in the 4 and 5. At least for me, given how much I play.
Looking forward to what you end up with.

Maybe a combo set? The Nikes I snagged are really great and all, but oof they are rough in the 4 and 5. At least for me, given how much I play.
Looking forward to what you end up with.
You should sell me those nikes.

I’m tempted to hold on to them because they scratch that blade itch you also appear to be having! We all go theough that fond memory/love of blades. Man, when you can put the time in…there really isn’t much better!

Some random ponders:
Curious how a Ventus Black 6S would play in my LTDx LS.
Maybe a new 4 wood…?

Some random ponders:
Curious how a Ventus Black 6S would play in my LTDx LS.
Maybe a new 4 wood…?
I must be one of the few here that just find Ventus to be, just OK.

Back