Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't look now but the Royals have won two in a row! Kickin' some Royal butt!

Maybe TGM. He has been sooooo bad for 18 months. We thought we were stuck with him.

no doubt take his sorry ass and his $9 mil or whatever it is. good bye and good riddance! Blaylock is dirt cheap and hopefully healthy and ready to regain some of his old form

Don't look now but the Royals have won two in a row! Kickin' some Royal butt!

I wish they would just stick with those baby blue unis already. A little old school with a new twist to it... I like em. Makes me think George Brett or Bret Saberhagen is going to come out of the dugout.

nope it must be true JB those "mighty" Twins were beaten again 7-1 by the Yankees. Even Minn "Ace" liriano could not stop the bleeding. He lost to Andy Pettite who by the way is 5-0 and has an era of 1.79 Pretty good numbers. Gosh I wish the Yankees could play the Twins all the time. Would be like Christmas.

nope it must be true JB those "mighty" Twins were beaten again 7-1 by the Yankees. Even Minn "Ace" liriano could not stop the bleeding. He lost to Andy Pettite who by the way is 5-0 and has an era of 1.79 Pretty good numbers. Gosh I wish the Yankees could play the Twins all the time. Would be like Christmas.

Isnt that two losses in a row for the unstoppable Liriano? Speaking of good LH this year, how good is David Price?

Sorry JB Price is good, Pettite is better :blob:

You cannot possibly believe that. Not only is he not better now (wait till the end of the year and you will see Pettite right where he always is), there is not a GM in the world that would pick Pettite over Price because of the upside.

Well of course Price has more upside JB, he is 20 yrs younger. Better now? The number are close enough to say they are even. Now stop being silly, you are sounding like Nikegolf and I know you dont want to do that.

Maybe TGM. He has been sooooo bad for 18 months. We thought we were stuck with him.

They will have to eat the salary for sure. Nobody will claim him and after he clears he is free to sign anywhere for the league minimum.

Its nice to see Price off to a good start. I dont think it was a bad year last year for him but not what everyone expected.

There numbers are similar RIGHT now. Price offers far more as a lh pitcher goes and pettite is always pettite. He ends up with his 15 wins and an era around 4. Its the same every year.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Pettite is what he is, you are correct. And there are few other pitchers I would rather have on my team come playoffs. Now you as a Rays fan dont know about playoffs that much but let me tell you , those kind of pitchers are important. I hope Price turns into that kinda guy for your team.

Pettite is what he is, you are correct. And there are few other pitchers I would rather have on my team come playoffs. Now you as a Rays fan dont know about playoffs that much but let me tell you , those kind of pitchers are important. I hope Price turns into that kinda guy for your team.

Yeah, two years ago when we beat you to get into the playoffs, he wasnt there right? It was him that brought us to the Series....hehe

Pettite is pretty money when it comes to the playoffs but the dude is old and fragile. He needs some more go go juice.

Pettite is pretty money when it comes to the playoffs but the dude is old and fragile. He needs some more go go juice.

Why would he need more "go go juice" when he's doing fantastic??

And I'll take an above-average regular season pitcher who is excellent in the postseason any day of the week.

Why would he need more "go go juice" when he's doing fantastic??

And I'll take an above-average regular season pitcher who is excellent in the postseason any day of the week.

How is that different than Price? Except that he is only 20 with some of the best stuff the bigs has seen in a while.

And of course Price hasnt been caught cheating.

How is that different than Price? Except that he is only 20 with some of the best stuff the bigs has seen in a while.

And of course Price hasnt been caught cheating.

...I didn't say a word about Price...

...I didn't say a word about Price...

That is what the entire debate is about. Hence the reason Pettite was being discussed.

That is what the entire debate is about. Hence the reason Pettite was being discussed.

But I was only referring to Gas talking about Pettitte needs more juice.

I haven't seen enough of Price to comment on him accurately.

Last edited:

Gasman, maybe some of your avatar would help Pettite!

But I was only referring to Gas talking about Pettitte needs more juice.
I was reffering to the fact that he got caught cheating a few years ago. He is obviously showing he doesnt need it now but you cant get rid of the history. He also has seemed to run out of steam the last few Septembers.
Gasman, maybe some of your avatar would help Pettite!

Exactly, the Wild Turkey never hurt nobody. I think.

If I needed to have a pitcher start a game 3 out of 7 on the road, there's no one else I would rather have in that situation.

If I needed to have a pitcher start a game 3 out of 7 on the road, there's no one else I would rather have in that situation.

Really? Over guys like Halladay, Santana, Timmy, etc..?

The guys ERA is barely under 4.00 in the postseason.

no doubt I go Halladay or Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back