Official Rant of the Day

I went to grab a can of seltzer water during our call yesterday. Sat down at my desk and cracked open a beer at 10 am in front of my Boss and peers:oops:
This made me laugh, how did that convo go?!

Today everything is annoying me.

We barely made it through last heating season with our 29 year old boiler and so I've been doing research. At this point I'm drowning in data and starving for information. It looks like I have three choices and two of them are potentially bad. If only I knew which two . . . .

I can go with a high-efficiency condensing boiler and get higher up-front costs, lower operating costs, and shorter lifespan.

I can go with a traditional cast iron boiler and get lower up-front costs, higher operating costs, and a longer lifespan - how much longer is uncertain, because according to reviews, the cast iron designs aren't as robust as those of 10-20 years ago.

I can find a trusted local contractor and go with his recommendation, even though I may not be wild about his choice.
Depending on the cost of fossil fuel in your region the payback on the high-eff model might surprise you. Truth be told, nothing is made like it used to be, but in terms of features and efficiency that's 100% a good thing. Up-front cost being reasonable, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the condensing, just make sure that you have it descaled every year. A lot of people take modern equipment, don't maintain it and then complain that it "didn't last as long as the old one" when in fact it should have lasted longer, it just needed annual maintenance that they didn't do. Not the equipment's fault.

This is a silly rant, but a rant nonetheless. JB had a little disagreement with a local Facebook group, I know you all are surprised by this haha, and he got booted from the group. And somehow I have been booted now too and I haven't even ever mad a post in there. Guilty by association I guess. :rolleyes:
Be careful who you associate with! ;):p:LOL:

This is a silly rant, but a rant nonetheless. JB had a little disagreement with a local Facebook group, I know you all are surprised by this haha, and he got booted from the group. And somehow I have been booted now too and I haven't even ever mad a post in there. Guilty by association I guess. :rolleyes:

a wise man once said: "I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members."

This made me laugh, how did that convo go?!
They just laughed. Lots of jokes about how I am dealing with Covid. My face turned a little red. Knowing my group, I can see lots of alcohol in front of the team on our next call.

@GolferGal. I got banned from one last week for following their 1st rule.
D2F6A7BF-509D-44C3-A8F1-0EB92A859F62.jpeg
There was some very bad words being used to describe others and I called it out. I got banned for that...

@Molten @Parrot is it just me, or has the practice of law become unbearable lately? Between clients and zoom hearings and arbitrary deadlines, I’m about to lose my marbles.

@Molten @Parrot is it just me, or has the practice of law become unbearable lately? Between clients and zoom hearings and arbitrary deadlines, I’m about to lose my marbles.

Lately?

You still have marbles left?! You are winning.

No kidding. I’ve been “practicing” since 91 and lost them all a looooooong time ago.

well I am back to hating my job again... The events of the past year have given me quite a few anxiety attacks and thrown me into a depression that is proving tough to climb out of.

My job is such a core part of who I am and how I identify and value myself. I feel mistreated, suppressed, ignored and set up for failure by my superiors. Despite providing consistent results in the face of numerous challenges, I remain on the sidelines...

Time to dust off the old resume and make some updates I guess...

I'm not in private practice but I play golf every week with the local bar association. Just hearing the guys tell about how their practices have been affected makes me thankful I'm not dealing with what they have to deal with.

Today everything is annoying me.
thats me today. Too many useless meetings that I had to step into and say "WTF are we doing here and why are you wasting my time?". Ugh. :mad:

I had a student who just showed up to take the final exam! This isn't the issue. The fact this is the first time I have laid eyes on this young man all semester is the issue!

I had a student who just showed up to take the final exam! This isn't the issue. The fact this is the first time I have laid eyes on this young man all semester is the issue!

I remember a professor saying that college tuition is the only thing that is paid for where a large percentage of the population could care very little about the return on investment.

Pay thousands of dollars and dont go to class....hmmm

I’d be lying if I said I never did this. Always regretted it regardless of the outcome. I am not looking forward to going back for my MBA!

I remember a professor saying that college tuition is the only thing that is paid for where a large percentage of the population could care very little about the return on investment.

Pay thousands of dollars and dont go to class....hmmm
I’d be lying if I said I never did this. Always regretted it regardless of the outcome. I am not looking forward to going back for my MBA!
For a normal Gen Ed class, this isn't out of the norm. But, for a technical "hands-on" based class, we have shop hours you have to meet and you have to pass a hands-on exam too...which he didn't show up for! So, I had to pull him into the hall and let him know...he wasn't going to pass!

For the love of gawd..... WTF is going on with my internet today??? I can't take this any longer..... Comcast cable internet is being cancelled! All freaking day......

First day of my son’s senior year Was today with him sitting at home in front of a computer. This sucks.

My daughter is a freshman today and it doesn’t bother me as much

Masks for kiddos school all day long per governor. Going to be a disaster.

why do some men get mad when you call them "sir". i am constantly getting , from the older guys, "don't call me sir, i work for a living". i never got this. i call you "sir" as a sign of respect.....fine MIKE

Back