Official Rant of the Day

I'm supposed to play an afternoon round tomorrow but it's been raining hard all evening and they are calling for rain all day tomorrow. Come on..

We have gotten so much rain here that my home course has been closed the ENTIRE week. I’ve never seen this - insanity.

I live next to the only house rental in the neighborhood. Literally. About 6 university football players living there now. At any time they have 6-7 cars and trucks. I can live with that. Their massive 50+ person beer pong, blasting music, yard party the other day, however, was not my idea of fun. After a failed attempt to get them to tone it down — wandered over and asked — I went directly to the owner/landloard to complain in person. That was all no fun. Now I feel like I live next to a time bomb. 🤬

I live next to the only house rental in the neighborhood. Literally. About 6 university football players living there now. At any time they have 6-7 cars and trucks. I can live with that. Their massive 50+ person beer pong, blasting music, yard party the other day, however, was not my idea of fun. After a failed attempt to get them to tone it down — wandered over and asked — I went directly to the owner/landloard to complain in person. That was all no fun. Now I feel like I live next to a time bomb. 🤬
Wow, talk about a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation! 😳

I only know this because it happened by accident, but I'm sure you could find a way to set the same scenario. When a box of a dozen AR mags were delivered to the wrong house, then mysteriously showed up on my porch with the box having been opened, my neighbors stopped complaining about mine and my friends cars being a little loud and never really talked to me, which was perfectly ok.

Wow, talk about a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation! 😳

Yeah, no fun. I am a direct person and at least we established some limited communication. Unfortunately I don't see it changing. Used to be families there. The per room, jam them in rental is a cash cow for the owner, and these students get to live in one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. It may be time to make a change. Just the two of us these days, and the home and yard are much more than we need. IDK. As to the football players, they are putting their role and the team at jeopardy with their behavior. We were both student athletes and have served as mentors to student athletes. Parties like that can get them into trouble in normal times and even moreso today. I can go to the coach, but that isn't my style.

Second rant in one month, I'm turning into a cranky old lady. Three weeks ago I took my 2 year old car in for an oil change and tire rotation. According to the report I received back, everything (battery, fluids, brakes) were all good. I drive my car about 10 to 15 miles and day and park it in a garage.
Today I go to start my car and it just grinds. Dead battery. Call roadside service, they get it started, but all kinds of service lights come on. Went directly to the dealership service, attitude from the service manager (we're really busy but I'll try to fit you in). I asked if they are was okay to drive with those service lights on "well you really shouldn't, but you can".
Waited 2 hours, missing the THP gift bags :(:(:(, the wifi there was terrible.
They replaced the battery (under warranty) and said that the reason the battery failed was probably due to the heat.
I don't know that much about the new model cars, but does this really happen? What can I do to prevent it happening again?

Not really a rant, but more of a "I don't know what's worse" situation. Received a call from my boss this morning to let me know that one of my co-workers' partner had passed away.

Walked into the office this afternoon only to find out that he took his own life, and my co-worker found his body.

Having a private shop give me a 5K estimate on a car repair then taking it to the dealership and paying $350 instead.

Having a private shop give me a 5K estimate on a car repair then taking it to the dealership and paying $350 instead.
Wow, it's usually just the opposite of that!

I don't know that much about the new model cars, but does this really happen? What can I do to prevent it happening again?

Get a better battery than the OEM one. Yes it does happen, new Subaru batteries, from everything I've seen and heard, last 6-12 months before they need to be replaced. I solved the problem by getting an AGM battery.

We have gotten so much rain here that my home course has been closed the ENTIRE week. I’ve never seen this - insanity.

Same thing down here at the Beach area.

I might head over to the Virginia Beach National course later, as it can handle the rainfall we got this week.

curious on people's thoughts on this one.

we went to lowe's yesterday to get a new door handled and there were 3 employees stocking shelves, so we asked them if they knew where the door handles were for slider (they were not in the regular door knob section) and the girl turn to us and said that "she doesn't speak english".

i thought that was weird.....

curious on people's thoughts on this one.

we went to lowe's yesterday to get a new door handled and there were 3 employees stocking shelves, so we asked them if they knew where the door handles were for slider (they were not in the regular door knob section) and the girl turn to us and said that "she doesn't speak english".

i thought that was weird.....

That does seem slightly odd.

2 things started off the day on the wrong foot:

1) Last night I bought an outdoor fan online at Home Depot for store pickup. Wanted it for today, so I chose store pickup 30 minutes away since that store had them in stock. Got a call this morning that they didn't have them in stock so the order was cancelled (ok), and that because I paid for part of it with two gift cards I had gotten from some rebates, that I'd have to come into the store to get my refund (not ok)! Despite my protests, I now have to go an hour out of my way today to get a refund and still won't have a fan. I never got a good explanation for it, but they wouldn't budge. Argh!

2) For my wife's birthday, her big gift was a nice looking outside adirondack cooler from Bed Bath and Beyond. Sure enough, it came broken, so we had to request a replacement. The order was processed and we waited and waited. Finally got through to customer service today through text this morning (8 hour waits on their customer service line) and they said they weren't getting any more in stock. They processed my refund, but no cooler. I understand, but were they never going to tell me??? And now my wife doesn't have a birthday gift for her birthday that was 3 weeks ago. Argh!

Alright, rant over. That helped me feel a bit better :p

Today has been a conglomeration of f*ckery! That is all.

My rant for today is that I can't remember what it was I was going to rant about Thursday. I know it was going to be a solid rant, but apparently that ship has sailed.

So.. The storms dropped a tree on the shed and put a hole in the roof. No big deal.. I patched it temporarily and it will hold until I can fix it. I went to my car and the floor boards were full of water.. Apparently the sunroof drains are clogged. As I was pulling the mats and carpet to dry it out I see my siberian husky run past playing a game of catch me if you can. Apparently the storm brought down a tree over part of our fence and made an easy escape route for her. So I've been working on the car, running a chainsaw to clear the downed tree, and then repairing the fence. Not the relaxing Saturday I had hoped for.

I was tired when I posted this, I meant to put it in the happy thread :)

The wife and I are on vacation and staying at a hotel. My brother in law and I went to get food for everyone and in grabbing the pizza boxes and other yummy food, I forgot to lock our minivan(I know I screwed up). We get out to the car to go on our days adventure and the wife asked me if I had left the glove box open. I said no. We look down and our other storage was open and all of our trinkets were out on the floor. We had our minivan rummaged through.

We only think they took my wireless headphones. It sucks that i screwed up by not locking it but it also sucks that people suck and can’t stay away from other people's property.

Waiting on updates. Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. Your PC will restart several times. :angry:

PEOPLE! UGHHH

Has anyone ever tried to buy replacement shoelaces?

Apparently nobody in the shoelace aftermarket has ever bothered to measure shoelaces, because if you can actually find the length that came with your shoes originally you might as well buy a lottery ticket. Nope, you have two choices: two inches too short or twelve inches too long.

Oh, and don't get me started on the people who still don't understand that store aisles are one way.....

Apparently nobody in the shoelace aftermarket has ever bothered to measure shoelaces, because if you can actually find the length that came with your shoes originally you might as well buy a lottery ticket. Nope, you have two choices: two inches too short or twelve inches too long.

Oh, and don't get me started on the people who still don't understand that store aisles are one way.....
Run into that problem with my work boots all the time, to short or waayyy to long, finally just decided to get the long ones and hot knife them then use a short piece of heat shrink. Pain in the butt but, it works.

Those one way aisles are only for those who follow the rules.

Back