Official Rant of the Day

My company switched from bi-weekly 401(k) matching contributions to semi-annual back in April. The first contribution in this new arrangement was supposed to be disbursed in mid-Oct.

Crickets.

Friday, they put out an email blast that they screwed up some calculations and that it should now go out the first week of November after the "additional quality review" is completed.

Well done, HR! You had 6 months to get this right, after pissing everybody off in the first place with this asinine change. Now, you've pissed everybody off again. Kudos.
I can relate all too well... a number of years ago the company I work for changed their matching contribution policy to a single match (made on the last working day of the year). And if you leave the company during the year, no match is made (you have to be an employee on Dec 15th to receive the match). So not only do we not get the interest on the matching dollars during the year but if you get "resourced" during the year you lose the match entirely.

Browns head coaching. That should cover my rant for the last 6 weeks

Just realized my iPhone battery went from 56% and hour ago to 36% right now. WTF

It would seem that the latest update to the Netflix app on Android has screwed up

Having been able to previously download episodes to the SD card in my phone, the app is now giving an error whenever I try to download something to the SD card, but is fine to download to the phone internal storage

I have tried everything including uninstalling the app and re-installing, but it doesn't seem to work - it is almost as if the app thinks I have things downloaded to the SD card and it is confused and won't download anything else because it isn't synced up in some way. Once I get home I am going to try a few things to see if I can sort it, but I might be stuck with only having the option of the phone storage to download things to watch now

It would seem that the latest update to the Netflix app on Android has screwed up

Having been able to previously download episodes to the SD card in my phone, the app is now giving an error whenever I try to download something to the SD card, but is fine to download to the phone internal storage

I have tried everything including uninstalling the app and re-installing, but it doesn't seem to work - it is almost as if the app thinks I have things downloaded to the SD card and it is confused and won't download anything else because it isn't synced up in some way. Once I get home I am going to try a few things to see if I can sort it, but I might be stuck with only having the option of the phone storage to download things to watch now

Turns out the timing of the update to the Netflix app and the download that was currently in progress has corrupted my memory card - I tried a few other things but nothing worked so I pulled that card and put a new one in my phone and it is fine

Left the old card formatting, so once that is done I will see if it works again - I had some plans for that card anyway, so this is as good a time to try it and see if it is still functional

I got my flu shot the other day and haven't felt well since.

Nothing like bringing chili for lunch and not bringing anything with which to eat it.

I is dubmass.

For me it was last weekends True Temper event. I got there friday played a great course (the conservatory), i played with stemmy (real good guy), went to dinner and met the rest of my fellow THP'ers but while at dinner i got a call and had to leave the next morning. I missed out on the club testing and all the villa crawl fun. Instead i was flying home....

If i ever get picked again for a THP event, i know i am going to live it up and have a blast....make up for my missed time.

A company owned by a man worth over $150 billion is erroneously hounding us -- again -- over an $80 tablet. Eff you, Amazon.

For me it was last weekends True Temper event. I got there friday played a great course (the conservatory), i played with stemmy (real good guy), went to dinner and met the rest of my fellow THP'ers but while at dinner i got a call and had to leave the next morning. I missed out on the club testing and all the villa crawl fun. Instead i was flying home....

If i ever get picked again for a THP event, i know i am going to live it up and have a blast....make up for my missed time.
Really sucked you needed to leave early! Hopefully, all is okay and I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to make up for lost time! BTW, you're Cobra Forged Tecs are sweet! :p

Really sucked you needed to leave early! Hopefully, all is okay and I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to make up for lost time! BTW, you're Cobra Forged Tecs are sweet! :p
all is well.

i can't wait to get the clubs. JB said he will mail them out next week. i should get a couple of range days with them and hopefully 1 more round of golf.

Oh hell no it canโ€™t be
f7b3c872db73dfb62495eab4083859b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh hell no it canโ€™t be
f7b3c872db73dfb62495eab4083859b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to find a way to come to Florida in Jan. and play some golf.

Stemmyโ€™s only slightly overrated.

Sounds like you have a good plan for when (not if) you get picked again. Glad to hear everything is under control.

Minivan looks more and more eminent.

Minivan looks more and more eminent.

Since they no longer make the Oldsmobile Silhouette, the Cadillac of minivans, a murdered out Pacifica is probably your best bet.

1572533120673.png

Just to continue with an ongoing rant, our power was out for over four days, PG&E "Public Safety" outage for extreme fire danger due to low humidity and high winds. We actually did have some high winds this time, sufficient to deserve a precautionary power shutdown, the winds lasted for about 12 - 16 hours during the first day of the shutdown, the rest of the time it was as calm as could be. So the power came back on last night, we get everything back in order to return to normal living for a while, and find out our phone line is out. No big deal right, we have cell phones, but our internet access is comes through the phone line (AT&T U-verse). :banghead:

AT&T's first response was that they should be able to get service back up by 11/18 (almost three weeks!), of course we will be trying to improve on that.

This weather just severely pisses me off:mad::mad:

Twins under two and a 4 y.o.

I think NOT doing it would be irresponsible as the primary kid hauler/driver.

A buddy of mine has 3 under the age of 4 and his wife is pregnant with twins. Luckily for them....theyโ€™ve scooted right past needing a mini van to needing a sprinter van or Suburban.

Now they just need to figure out how to afford either of those items. 5 kids in March under the age of 4......

Back