Official Rant of the Day

My pregnant daughter got broadsided in a hit and run. Thankfully she is fine; just aches and pains. Driver had warrant out for his arrest, driving on a suspended license and is sitting in jail. So a real "Live PD" in Manhattan, KS!

Me either and I’m really into Rush

I seem to remember recently they kinda abruptly said they weren't touring anymore. Or broke up unexpectedly. I guess this is why :(

My pregnant daughter got broadsided in a hit and run. Thankfully she is fine; just aches and pains. Driver had warrant out for his arrest, driving on a suspended license and is sitting in jail. So a real "Live PD" in Manhattan, KS!
Hope she is okay?

Just got home from work and get to watch a video on the news of my fellow CO's being brutally attacked.
I used to work at SBCC when I played in the MC and like I told @Stemmy66 this was my biggest fear leading up to it.

This can all to be blamed on Criminal justice reform.

be warned this is a Brutal attack.

Video of attack

Ooooof what a day. It's not often I come home from work and reach for the bottle but it just seemed appropriate today.

Just got home from work and get to watch a video on the news of my fellow CO's being brutally attacked.
I used to work at SBCC when I played in the MC and like I told @Stemmy66 this was my biggest fear leading up to it.

Video of attack

That is horrible. I remember you even mentioned this concern in passing during our round this summer. No joking matter.

Ooooof what a day. It's not often I come home from work and reach for the bottle but it just seemed appropriate today.

I'm with you. Work is a mess this week, which means I am busting ass and not been sleeping well. Woof.

Video of attack
That's awful! I hope they're ok!

Wife just found monster head lice on Kid #1.... WT actual F

I am with you tonight but my oldest just told me to switch too.

Last edited:

She’s lucky to not be badly hurt. Hope she feels better quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad she is ok! sounds like the jackass who hit her will soon be a guest in my work environment.
As I get older I realize the only thing that matters is family and friends.
Life is precious! Make sure you tell the ones you love how you feel. you never know.

Hope she and baby are ok

This made me cringe. Not a single utility patent - only design patents listed. Design patents can only protect ornamental designs. Patent innovation? Come on now - be better.

C7629372-6688-47EB-846B-4C6463B3FA97.png

owning a business is great when i want to take a couple weeks off during the holidays.

owning a small business sucks when every employee is key to production and one resigns as you enter your busiest season when you have no time to interview or train.
This is so true. Just had something similar happen to me and it took me abou my 4 months to recover to normal. Waiting for the recommendation request.

walked in the door from vacation yesterday. opened the mail and have a notice to owner from
the concrete sub my contractor used to redo my driveway.

the work was done week before thanksgiving. he said he wanted to do a walkthrough before invoicing me. his guys broke sprinkler heads and irrigation lines so i asked him to look at it when he did the walkthrough. it’s now early january and he still hasn’t come out for the walkthrough or invoiced me. we have texted and emailed several times and the delay is always on his end. apparently his subs never got paid either.

i absolutely despise contractors.
Just catching up, but if you need some help with this, feel free to give me a call. Construction law used to be my jam, and I am still very familiar.

Glad she is OK. My wife got broadsided by an illegal alien with no license when she was pregnant with our oldest daughter. It was in California so of course, they let him go. She was on bed rest for a week but luckily our daughter was fine.

Just catching up, but if you need some help with this, feel free to give me a call. Construction law used to be my jam, and I am still very familiar.

thanks brotha

coulda used you the LAST time this happened last year with a totally different situation

i think this one has been resolved.

Woke up with a stiff neck and actually get to golf today. Hoping it gets better soon.

kind of a low key but annoying rant.

first, i'm terrible at giving gifts. so if I can find a gift that will take care of itself and I just pay money, i'm all in.

for the last couple years I have given my wife fresh flowers every two weeks as her ongoing mother's day present. I have it set up with a local florist to put together seasonal arrangements for $x dollars per arrangement, and drop them by the house. everybody wins.

my wife texts me and says it might be time to stop the flowers. the dude brought a tulip by the house. ok, tulips are pretty. only it still had the sticker on it from where he bought it. he did absolutely nothing. he didn't re-pot it. he didn't arrange it. he bought it for $x, then drove to my house and dropped it at the front door. and charged me a 700% markup.

you're fired

kind of a low key but annoying rant.

first, i'm terrible at giving gifts. so if I can find a gift that will take care of itself and I just pay money, i'm all in.

for the last couple years I have given my wife fresh flowers every two weeks as her ongoing mother's day present. I have it set up with a local florist to put together seasonal arrangements for $x dollars per arrangement, and drop them by the house. everybody wins.

my wife texts me and says it might be time to stop the flowers. the dude brought a tulip by the house. ok, tulips are pretty. only it still had the sticker on it from where he bought it. he did absolutely nothing. he didn't re-pot it. he didn't arrange it. he bought it for $x, then drove to my house and dropped it at the front door. and charged me a 700% markup.

you're fired

That is awful.

Back