Official Rant of the Day

I know I have some 'old' tendencies, but getting an unsolicited trial membership to a 50-and-older group is insulting.

"Preventing Workplace Harassment" Training Day!

:surrender:

That sounds like it will be a LOT of fun!!! :ROFLMAO:
This training should be considered harassment.

"Now, let’s get an understanding of how harassment developed under the law" ...beginning in the 1920s!?!

This training should be considered harassment.

"Now, let’s get an understanding of how harassment developed under the law" ...beginning in the 1920s!?!
Ya that is going to be one long class for you. :sleep:

I started my truck to warm it up a bit and start the defrost process this cold wintery morning. As I am scraping the windows of snow and ice, the doors suddenly locked themselves for no good reason!
Normally this would not be a big issue, but when I bought this truck used a few months ago, the dealer only had one key to give me. I completely forgot about that and now I am sitting here waiting for one of the several 24/7 locksmiths that I have called and left messages with to call me back and come unlock my truck. All the while it is burning up my tank of gas in the driveway. I've already contacted my employer and let them know the issue, so once I get this dang thing unlocked, I will immediately go buy 2 extra keys and never worry about this happening again! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

In yesterday's Pearls Before Swine comic pig accidentally reversed the camera on his phone and scared himself with his face. I just did that. Ahhh. Oh. I guess I am that scary. :mad:

I have one of numerous video conference meetings in a few minutes. It is so interesting seeing how uncomfrotable some people are seeing themselves on video. I have one person who always positions herself just off of camera. I'm going to be talking to some edge of her body this morning, like maybe an elbow or a leg.

Last edited:
It's -24 (-11F) here today.

I started my truck to warm it up a bit and start the defrost process this cold wintery morning. As I am scraping the windows of snow and ice, the doors suddenly locked themselves for no good reason!
Normally this would not be a big issue, but when I bought this truck used a few months ago, the dealer only had one key to give me. I completely forgot about that and now I am sitting here waiting for one of the several 24/7 locksmiths that I have called and left messages with to call me back and come unlock my truck. All the while it is burning up my tank of gas in the driveway. I've already contacted my employer and let them know the issue, so once I get this dang thing unlocked, I will immediately go buy 2 extra keys and never worry about this happening again! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Locksmith just left. It took him 16 seconds and $85 to open the door. The air wedge kit he used is slick and can be had on Amazon for $60 and less.
Now off to get a 2nd and 3rd key made !

It took me almost 2.5 hours to get my daughter dressed, bag packed, and out the door!?
#Winning

It is 34 degrees and still raining, not going to be a fun ride home on the icy roads.
We have a small hill just in front of our work and you have to make a hard right at the bottom, have watched 3-4 cars already miss and slide into our lot.

Crown came off eating my lunch...salad. :rolleyes:

It is 34 degrees and still raining, not going to be a fun ride home on the icy roads.
We have a small hill just in front of our work and you have to make a hard right at the bottom, have watched 3-4 cars already miss and slide into our lot.
I worked from home today. It is dismal out.

Meeting with an employee in the department I just took over...who’s been told multiple times in the ten years of employment, that there’s no chance of advancement. That the position currently in, is as high as they’ll ever be in my company. Talk about breaking someone...good grief.

Now I get to rebuild someone who’s been in a funk for years....

Meeting with an employee in the department I just took over...who’s been told multiple times in the ten years of employment, that there’s no chance of advancement. That the position currently in, is as high as they’ll ever be in my company. Talk about breaking someone...good grief.

Now I get to rebuild someone who’s been in a funk for years....

Oh man, that is never easy.

How come I can get in a car and drive a full tank of gas or 7 hours without peeing yet I go to bed and gotta pee twice in the night....sometimes three times

Why did we have multiple days during the work week in the mid to upper 60s and this three day weekend will be in the 30s and 40s.. Uggh

I worked from home today. It is dismal out.
Got lucky and they had gotten the salt trucks out so coming home wasn't quite as bad.

Oh man, that is never easy.

That’s by far the worst one but there have been several others that I just shake my head at. Build people instead of breaking them. Ugh

Go away snow. And take the single digit temps with you.

When the roads are less than ideal and a JA in front of you drives for 10 miles with his hazard lights on! No $h!t, dude! That’s why we are all driving 25 mph!

Back