Official Rant of the Day

I tactfully chewed out my financial advisor this morning. I feel like a man in control of his destiny. Until Mrs. TLuke gets home from golfing. “Yes, dear.”

Podcast commercials are out of control.

Sometimes things happen, and they make you question absolutely everything.
Yesterday was one of those days, and it has me shaken, sad, and disappointed.
This one stings and is going to take a while to get over, if I ever do.

Sometimes things happen, and they make you question absolutely everything.
Yesterday was one of those days, and it has me shaken, sad, and disappointed.
This one stings and is going to take a while to get over, if I ever do.
Oh no, if there's anything that I can do please reach out like many always here to help.

Oh no, if there's anything that I can do please reach out like many always here to help.
Its all good. But thank you for the offer.

There's nothing like getting a repair estimate of $800 for the pool cleaner followed by "but you can get the new improved model for $1,100."

One of the pumps blew up last summer and it was something else the year before. Man, F this pool.

There's nothing like getting a repair estimate of $800 for the pool cleaner followed by "but you can get the new improved model for $1,100."

One of the pumps blew up last summer and it was something else the year before. Man, F this pool.
Pool maintenance was one thing that drove me nuts during the height of Covid. Prices skyrocketed and it seems they are still absurd.

Pool maintenance was one thing that drove me nuts during the height of Covid. Prices skyrocketed and it seems they are still absurd.
There are times when I wonder why in the hell we put one in. In July - September, pools in Mississippi are like really warm baths. Not the cool rereshing experience you might expect.

Oh man I feel you. Had that happen a few years in a row also, finally said F it and took the pool down. Sure miss it, but not the headaches for 4 months of use a year.

Oh man I feel you. Had that happen a few years in a row also, finally said F it and took the pool down. Sure miss it, but not the headaches for 4 months of use a year.
Oh, if I could.

these random aches and pains as you get older just nag at you. I played golf Sunday and never once felt uncomfortable. Woke up Monday morning and felt like I needed to be in a neck brace because I couldn’t turn my head. Went away on Tuesday, but then my shoulder hurt.

6days ago it was 71....

What a dumb place to live
View attachment 9249846

Why not just be thankful for the 71* day? That's the one that is out of the norm. And the way some folks in what are normally colder weather areas carry on, we should be welcoming "global warming" or "climate change" or whatever they are calling it these days.

Today's rant: People who fire off emails on their way out the door and won't be returning to work the next day. Especially if they screw something up and create a stop work issue.

When someone picks the seat right next to you with all those other open seats.....

1711030998983.png

Been following my flight and debating if I was going to upgrade or not and last night I see someone pick the window seat right next to me. Seems these flights only get up to about 1/2 full from what I've seen over the last few weeks. I'm just the one who is always going to pick an empty row if I have the choice.

Today's rant: People who fire off emails on their way out the door and won't be returning to work the next day. Especially if they screw something up and create a stop work issue.
My main golf buddy kind of does this. He'll send me a text about golf and then disappear. I text back and then I call and leave a voice mail. No acknowledgement! I once asked him if he ever checked his phone for replies, and he said no, not really! My Brother is the same way. We siblings will make plans to get together for a meal out and to chew the fat, and we never know if he's coming or not until he shows up or doesn't!

I'm not like one of the young'uns who are velcroed to their phones morning, noon and night, but I'm better than that.

Emissions check for vehicles. If you don’t live in a county that requires them (and I’m sure 99% of you don’t because it’s only required in 6 counties in the country) you cannot renew your license plate unless you complete an e check. Even number model cars need e checks done in even years. There is only one e check place around me and it’s just as packed as the bmv was when I got there (without my e check completed because of course I forgot about it).

Emissions check for vehicles. If you don’t live in a county that requires them (and I’m sure 99% of you don’t because it’s only required in 6 counties in the country) you cannot renew your license plate unless you complete an e check. Even number model cars need e checks done in even years. There is only one e check place around me and it’s just as packed as the bmv was when I got there (without my e check completed because of course I forgot about it).
Has been that way in CT forever. Up until ten years ago tests were reqd annually.

Has been that way in CT forever. Up until ten years ago tests were reqd annually.
Ugh sucks that it caught on in other states. Funny how it wasn’t “necessary” during Covid but now it’s back to being a huge pain in the butt

Ugh sucks that it caught on in other states. Funny how it wasn’t “necessary” during Covid but now it’s back to being a huge pain in the butt
Being necessary is hysterical. What they mean is “if we just tax you this amount you get more angry than if we waste your time and make you go do this ridiculous thing to take your money”

Just another fin income stream for states. Now all they do during tests is check for a "check engine" light on. Otherwise you pass. It's a joke. Nowadays you can signup for notifications on the DMV website when your test is due. May want to check on that where you are

Being necessary is hysterical. What they mean is “if we just tax you this amount you get more angry than if we waste your time and make you go do this ridiculous thing to take your money”
The thing is, the e check is free lol minus the time wasted in which I would love to have back

Back